Movie Sets not working
Despite setting Movies to be grouped (I understand thats all you need to do), I've edited local nfos with SET information, but still do not get any sets. Even when I click on a move, manage, edit movie set, I have zero sets.
Not sure if I'm being a complete idiot here, but nothing I'm doing allows me to get sets working Sad

Skin is latest Aeon Nox.
Try movie set automator addon and double check that your folder structure is right. Ie: a folder for your set with the relevant artworks and subfolders with the movies and their artworks.
Movies scrapped with universal ore tmdb scrapper ?
To OP
Did you refresh content info so the new .nfo loads up the sets you have added?
Apologies I've been away for a few days.

@ Namoi
I didn't think this was necessary to have movies in 'set' folders, could you clarify in case I have misunderstood. I have all movies scraped with Media Center Master so all art, nfo, files are in one folder per movie.

@k4sh1n
Yeah I did perform a rescan on the main folder containing movies.
There is indeed no need to have a set folder per movie, but i tried to narrow the problem and having them in this kind of structure prevent typo issues in the files naming : poster.jpg and so on.
But you didn't answer : did you tried the addon movie set automator ?
How are your nfos regarding the sets ? I don't remember for instance if that part is case sensitive, but worth a try ?
Good luck
(2015-04-25, 07:25)Namoi Wrote: There is indeed no need to have a set folder per movie, but i tried to narrow the problem and having them in this kind of structure prevent typo issues in the files naming : poster.jpg and so on.
But you didn't answer : did you tried the addon movie set automator ?
How are your nfos regarding the sets ? I don't remember for instance if that part is case sensitive, but worth a try ?
Good luck

Hi Namoi.

I cannot find "movie set automator", is is called something different?
I've edited the .nfos using the <set> tags, for example <set> James Bond Collection</set>. When you rescan a folder for new movies, does it scrape local .nfo files?, just wondering if its only updating the movie, and not the set, setting.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=153502
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
As far as i know, Movie Set Automator is not going to help him, that addon is just for the sets art (posters, logos, etc). He's just saying he's got no sets.
To have sets, correct me if i'm wrong, all u have to do is having all ur movies correctly titled with year, running the scraper, and itself will put them into sets (depending on the skin view).
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2015-04-25, 00:16)Harlin Wrote: Apologies I've been away for a few days.

@ Namoi
I didn't think this was necessary to have movies in 'set' folders, could you clarify in case I have misunderstood. I have all movies scraped with Media Center Master so all art, nfo, files are in one folder per movie.

@k4sh1n
Yeah I did perform a rescan on the main folder containing movies.

Just for clarification. A refresh involves
Removing the source, cleaned DB and then added source back in, set content and scanned into library?
Not just scan for new content?
if i understand it right u dont have any moviesets at all...
1. do u have activate in SYSTEM Settings > Video > GROUP MOVIES IN SETS ( IMPORTANT ^^ )
2. do u have in all movies within the set the line "<set>NAME OF THE MOVIESET</set>
... u can also manage all moviesets in kodi itself now ( since helix i think ) - go to a movie u want inside a movieset - Press "i" - scroll down to manage
> Manage Movie Sets > next screen u can choose from an existed movieset or u can add a new one ( top right )

i think that should work Smile
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2015-04-25, 21:56)schimi2k Wrote: if i understand it right u dont have any moviesets at all...
1. do u have activate in SYSTEM Settings > Video > GROUP MOVIES IN SETS ( IMPORTANT ^^ )
2. do u have in all movies within the set the line "<set>NAME OF THE MOVIESET</set>
... u can also manage all moviesets in kodi itself now ( since helix i think ) - go to a movie u want inside a movieset - Press "i" - scroll down to manage
> Manage Movie Sets > next screen u can choose from an existed movieset or u can add a new one ( top right )

That should work, but in theory, he would not need to do that if everything was working fine. I mean, i didn't have the need to edit any nfo file, or add sets manually through Kodi GUI. Just activated the system setting to group movies in sets, and scanned with the scraper.
So, what's the error here, and why ?
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2015-04-26, 00:09)vicmanpergar Wrote:
(2015-04-25, 21:56)schimi2k Wrote: if i understand it right u dont have any moviesets at all...

That should work, but in theory, he would not need to do that if everything was working fine. I mean, i didn't have the need to edit any nfo file, or add sets manually through Kodi GUI. Just activated the system setting to group movies in sets, and scanned with the scraper.
So, what's the error here, and why ?

What "schimi2k " wrote would apply where the OP is using a media manager to generate .nfo files/or had use of custom .nfo's as opposed to using the inbuilt KODI scraper API.

If the media manager didn't have option or wasn't applied when .nfo files were made you would need to add set tags "<set></set>" syntax to each movie required to be in sets and refresh source so .nfo will repopulate library.

Scanning for new content without removing the original source will not add new or changed .nfo info when opting to go for local, so far all thread posts have been to find the root cause and offer courses of resolution, we do not what the error is?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Sets not working0