• 16(current)
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]
(2015-04-15, 11:09)Gade Wrote:
(2015-04-15, 10:55)tuffno Wrote: Is there a way to get imdb rating in the lists as numbers (7.6) instead of stars?
Thanks for replying

Hi tuffno.

Yup, you bet Smile

Press left or up (depending on your chosen view) to go to the top options menu bar.

Click View Options and uncheck the button "Star Rating".

That removes my ratings completely.
Hmm might be something else thats wrong then.
Thanks
(2015-04-15, 11:22)tuffno Wrote:
(2015-04-15, 11:09)Gade Wrote:
(2015-04-15, 10:55)tuffno Wrote: Is there a way to get imdb rating in the lists as numbers (7.6) instead of stars?
Thanks for replying

Hi tuffno.

Yup, you bet Smile

Press left or up (depending on your chosen view) to go to the top options menu bar.

Thanks

Hmmm... which views do you use for the movies, tv shows, season and episodes library sections?
(2015-04-15, 11:39)Gade Wrote:
(2015-04-15, 11:22)tuffno Wrote:
(2015-04-15, 11:09)Gade Wrote: Hi tuffno.

Yup, you bet Smile

Thanks

Hmmm... which views do you use for the movies, tv shows, season and episodes library sections?

I use Videos->Files and then list
http://imgur.com/cZjrp2w,gG1kInq#0
http://imgur.com/cZjrp2w,gG1kInq#1
You should scrape your movies etc. to the library in Kodi. Then you'll get a much nicer interface, many view styles to choose from and a ton of info, artwork etc.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Set_content_and_scan

http://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos

The List View is one of the most limited views. If you go to the View Options and select Expanded view style, you'll get more info and ratings as numbers (is you disable the star rating).
(2015-04-01, 10:14)Gade Wrote:
(2015-04-01, 03:17)chaoticmaster Wrote: How can i add a custom category for global search on the Home screen? It is not listed under Program Add-Ons and I dont see an option for scripts.

Actually, if you have global search installed the Kodi logo in the home screen acts as a global search button.

If you still want it as a custom category, you can add the script as a favourite and add that favourite as a custom category.

I realized that it's currently not possible to add scripts as custom categories/submenus using the presets dialog. So I added an option for this in the Programs section. This will be available in the next update, and I will soon push it to my repo.

Thanks. Both solutions worked
(2015-04-15, 22:16)Gade Wrote: You should scrape your movies etc. to the library in Kodi. Then you'll get a much nicer interface, many view styles to choose from and a ton of info, artwork etc.

The List View is one of the most limited views. If you go to the View Options and select Expanded view style, you'll get more info and ratings as numbers (is you disable the star rating).

They are scraped, otherwise it wouldnt get the imdb rating, and I love the list. Gives such a nice overview. All I need is for the stars to show numbers instead Smile

Thanks anyway.
(2015-04-17, 08:05)tuffno Wrote:
(2015-04-15, 22:16)Gade Wrote: You should scrape your movies etc. to the library in Kodi. Then you'll get a much nicer interface, many view styles to choose from and a ton of info, artwork etc.

They are scraped, otherwise it wouldnt get the imdb rating, and I love the list. Gives such a nice overview. All I need is for the stars to show numbers instead Smile

Thanks anyway.

I have added the rating labels for movies and tv shows to List View when using Normal View Style. This will be available in the next update.

I still think you should use the Movies and TV Shows libraries (clicking the Movies and TV Shows categories from the home screen). This will provide much more info, flexibility and artwork.

If you use List View 2 or List Info 3 Views you will see the exact same number of items in the lists as the regular List View.
(2015-04-17, 12:39)Gade Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 08:05)tuffno Wrote:

Thanks anyway.

I have added the rating labels for movies and tv shows to List View when using Normal View Style. This will be available in the next update.
I still think you should use the Movies and TV Shows libraries (clicking the Movies and TV Shows categories from the home screen). This will provide much more info, flexibility and artwork.
If you use List View 2 or List Info 3 Views you will see the exact same number of items in the lists as the regular List View.

Awsome, thanks alot!
I've scanned through the thread and I have a couple of questions.

First,
Is there a view that looks like the "Wrap Info" view, but doesn't actually wrap? I have a lot of "Collections" and when the collection only has two or three movies, seeing them repeated in the view over and over just looks overwhelming.

Second
I am a big fan of the Aeon MQ5 skin, but since it hasn't been released for Kodi, I'm having to look for something else, and so far Rapier is looking really good. One thing that MQ has on his skins are views that show how many audio tracks (and subtitle tracks) are in the videos. I'm a HUGE fan of commentaries, so it's really easy to scan through the list and quickly find a movie or TV Show that has additional audio tracks. Is this possible in Rapier? If not, can I "Feature Request" it? Smile It doesn't have to indicate the language or any of that other stuff MQ has -- I'd be quite happy with just about ANY indication of files that have multiple audio tracks visible in the various views.

Thanks for listening!
(2015-04-19, 18:16)TonyPh12345 Wrote: I've scanned through the thread and I have a couple of questions.

First,
Is there a view that looks like the "Wrap Info" view, but doesn't actually wrap? I have a lot of "Collections" and when the collection only has two or three movies, seeing them repeated in the view over and over just looks overwhelming.

Hi TonyPh12345.

I'm afraid not. Both the views Wrap Info and 3D Wrap loop the items in the list.

(2015-04-19, 18:16)TonyPh12345 Wrote: Second
I am a big fan of the Aeon MQ5 skin, but since it hasn't been released for Kodi, I'm having to look for something else, and so far Rapier is looking really good. One thing that MQ has on his skins are views that show how many audio tracks (and subtitle tracks) are in the videos. I'm a HUGE fan of commentaries, so it's really easy to scan through the list and quickly find a movie or TV Show that has additional audio tracks. Is this possible in Rapier? If not, can I "Feature Request" it? Smile It doesn't have to indicate the language or any of that other stuff MQ has -- I'd be quite happy with just about ANY indication of files that have multiple audio tracks visible in the various views.

Thanks for listening!

Thanks a bunch for the kind words Smile

It's a great idea with audio and subtitle track info support.

I'll see how I can add that to the skin. It will probably be media flags in the bottom of the screen or something similar.
Hi Gade,

I'm a new Raspberry Pi 2 owner, brand new to Linux, new to Kodi, the forum and Rapier and just thought I'd say a quick THANKS! for the fantastic work and support you provide. Using the forum tips I've managed to get my movies scraped and indexed and the interface looks great. I'm ready to dig deep now to see what other wonders there are to behold but for now, hats off to you. I'm sure I'll be back with lots of questions sooner or later.
(2015-04-23, 14:14)Dadmin Wrote: Hi Gade,

I'm a new Raspberry Pi 2 owner, brand new to Linux, new to Kodi, the forum and Rapier and just thought I'd say a quick THANKS! for the fantastic work and support you provide. Using the forum tips I've managed to get my movies scraped and indexed and the interface looks great. I'm ready to dig deep now to see what other wonders there are to behold but for now, hats off to you. I'm sure I'll be back with lots of questions sooner or later.

Hi Dadmin and welcome to the forums.

Thanks so much for all the kind words - That really means a lot.

Just ask away - that's what the forum is for Smile

I have actually just bought a Raspberry Pi 2 for the basement and am setting it up right now.
Hi Gade

Just following up with some Amazon FireTV Stick feedback. I've had SPMC and Rapier on it for over a week now.

The performance of the FTVStick was a lot lower than I had expected especially compared to the FTV Box so a lot of what Ill say isn't really Kodis (or Rapiers) fault. The spec of the stick is half that of the box and it does show.

Using the stick fresh out of the box it felt slow and 'chuggy', the FTVBox was fast and responsive and stayed that way even after a few months.

I've read and seen some good reviews of Kodi on Android TV Sticks so was expecting it to feel a lot smoother then it was. Amazon also have all their crap running constantly and without root to disable it, it undoubtedly eats up the RAM and CPU.

Even using Confluence on a fresh install there is some stutter and lag when traversing Kodi and this doesn't get any better. But didn't get any worse...

After adding my library (through MySQL) the laggyness was still there but didn't get any worse. Even after setting all my backgrounds to rotating fanart.

The backgrounds transitioned smoothly all the time even when the main screens were doing things.

Anyway. In general, Rapier is working fine, the main screens run smoothly and it seems that all the skins functions are working as expected.

My biggest gripe with it currently is the 'stutter' of screen transitions.

eg Clicking Videos and transitioning to the sources screen or clicking TV Shows and transitioning to the library screen there is clear lag of the animations.

I have to say, I have never noticed the transitions before as on PC and the FTV Box they were fast, smooth and almost unnoticeable.

Is it possible that you could add an option to disable these transitions? I dont know if its a skin thing that can be changed or if its hard coded into Kodi.

If not don't worry, its not a major issue and doesn't stop anything from working as it should.

Apart from that Rapier seems to be running dandy with nothing out of the ordinary, that I can see anyway.

I set another stick up for a friend as well with Rapier and it was the same so its definitely the performance of the stick!

If there's anything you specifically would like to test on the stick just let us know Smile

For £19 (£35 now!), its a bargain to get Kodi on my TV that works well enough that I can think about repurposing my HTPC!

I think I will eventually get a FTVBox or possibly a RPi2 to replace it though, the performance is amazing and Kodi w/Rapier runs like butter on the FTVBox I set up for ma' Pa!

PS, I noticed in one of the updates that the small overlapping images thnigy I mentioned before has gone so a thank you for that Smile
Hi Gade,

Can you add support for Super favorites? I want to add my super favourites in the submenu.
The only favorites I can choose are the kodi.

And can you make shortcuts possible in the custom section?
Is it possible to modify your skin to make skin shortcuts as mentioned here?

[/URL]http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Skin_Shortcuts#Skins_using_Skin_Shortcuts[/URL]
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rapier 7.9.0 for Kodi 14.x Helix [DEPRECATED]2