• 293(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-05-07, 10:19)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2015-05-07, 09:13)busta.rhymes Wrote: Short update... check your Batteries mate... it could be that the issue is relatet to them getting empty. Not 100% sure yet but will update soon.

Yeah, pretty sure it's not the batteries since the Harmony Smart Control Hub doesn't use batteries (it uses a wall wart) and the remote has nothing to do with the BT connection. Wink

ok... ill keep an eye on it the next couple of days.
Hi guys, Newbie here. Wanted to say thanks for providing amazing instructions on how to setup my new ASUS Chromebox with stand-alone install of OpenELEC. Besides having to switch to a small monitor during installation process, (as I couldn't get any video to display on big screen TV) the installation went flawlessly! Very happy with the outcome.

Now, on to my new project... I just purchased a bigger SSD drive (128GB) for my Chromebox and will be going through the OpenELEC stand-alone installation again.Can someone please confirm if it is as simple as:

1. Install new SSD drive
2. Turn on Chromebox
3. Press ESC at boot
4. Select install media (boot-able thumbdrive with OpelenELEC) (same one that EZ setup script previously created for me)
5. Install OpelenELEC
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2
(2015-05-07, 20:20)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: 1. Install new SSD drive
2. Turn on Chromebox
3. Press ESC at boot
4. Select install media (boot-able thumbdrive with OpelenELEC) (same one that EZ setup script previously created for me)
5. Install OpelenELEC

You've already set up the unit for standalone, so yes, that's all you need to do now.
Off Topic
(2015-05-07, 22:05)Johan J Wrote: Hi man do you got everything working? I got bt to work but struggling to get all button to work.
Maybe you can share me a working keycap.xml

//J

please start a new thread / use a more relevant existing thread, since this isn't ChromeBox specific or related
Thanks much: the EZ script could not be easier.

My issue: I would like to use an external USB DVD drive with my Asus Chromebox. Before installing dual-boot OpenELEC, Chrome had no problems mounting the DVD drive (a relatively new feature, I surmise). After the installation, however, neither OpenELEC nor Chrome would mount the drive. Dual-boot Ubuntu+Kodi did see the drive, but Chrome would not boot at all. I'm assuming this is a firmware/BIOS issue? Or is there a driver missing in OpenELEC?

In the meantime, I've returned my Chromebox to stock and am running old XBMC through Crouton. It works, but I'd rather have the self-updating OpenELEC installation.

Thanks
(2015-05-07, 22:29)arglebargle Wrote: Thanks much: the EZ script could not be easier.

My issue: I would like to use an external USB DVD drive with my Asus Chromebox. Before installing dual-boot OpenELEC, Chrome had no problems mounting the DVD drive (a relatively new feature, I surmise). After the installation, however, neither OpenELEC nor Chrome would mount the drive. Dual-boot Ubuntu+Kodi did see the drive, but Chrome would not boot at all. I'm assuming this is a firmware/BIOS issue? Or is there a driver missing in OpenELEC?

In the meantime, I've returned my Chromebox to stock and am running old XBMC through Crouton. It works, but I'd rather have the self-updating OpenELEC installation.

Thanks

if you're dual booting, the stock firmware isn't changed (just the legacy boot part), so there's no way that installing OpenELEC would affect the drive being recognized/usable in ChromeOS. I've used external USB DVDROM/bluray drives with OpenELEC, so the issue is likely specific to your setup
(2015-05-07, 21:56)DocG Wrote:
(2015-05-07, 20:20)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: 1. Install new SSD drive
2. Turn on Chromebox
3. Press ESC at boot
5. Install OpelenELEC

You've already set up the unit for standalone, so yes, that's all you need to do now.

Thank you. I did not want to proceed without first confirming with the pros! ;-)
4GB ODROID N2 64GB eMMC, Asus i3 Chromebox 128GB, Nvidia Shield TV Pro, Wetek Hub, AFTV
CoreELEC Nightly, LibreELEC 9.2, Kodi 20.2 
LG 65" OLED C9 and Integra DRX 3.4 w/ Dirac Live Atmos 5.1.2
(2015-05-07, 22:32)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-05-07, 22:29)arglebargle Wrote: Thanks much: the EZ script could not be easier.

Thanks

if you're dual booting, the stock firmware isn't changed (just the legacy boot part), so there's no way that installing OpenELEC would affect the drive being recognized/usable in ChromeOS. I've used external USB DVDROM/bluray drives with OpenELEC, so the issue is likely specific to your setup

Thanks for the reply. I did suspect my DVD drive might be the problem, as it is one of these cheap Chinese drives made from standard laptop drives (slot loading) in an enclosure (with two USB plugs, one for power only). The thing clicks and whirs on boot regardless of there being a disk in there, which had me suspecting SeaBIOS/Legacy boot was checking it out for something bootable, and when nothing was found, was disabled.

I'm going to spring for a proper external drive (one USB plug) and hope that fixes the problem.
Hey Guys,

i just bought a Asus Chromebox Model CN60.
I removed the write protection screw and putted it in the Developer mode.
When i try to run the Script now it says:

./xbox-functions.sh: line 274: syntax error near unexpected token 'fi'
./xbox-functions.sh: line 274: 'fi'

any ideas what to do :/ ?

Thanks
(2015-05-08, 16:00)EvilPutz Wrote: Hey Guys,

i just bought a Asus Chromebox Model CN60.
I removed the write protection screw and putted it in the Developer mode.
When i try to run the Script now it says:

./xbox-functions.sh: line 274: syntax error near unexpected token 'fi'
./xbox-functions.sh: line 274: 'fi'

any ideas what to do :/ ?

Thanks

whoops, fixed
EZ Setup loads successfully. Selected Option 1 for Dual Boot.
Stage 1 / repartitioning completed OK
Stage 2: Partitions formatted and mounted - OK
Updating bootloader - OK

Problems began with downloading OpenELEC. Connecting to dl.dropboxusercontent.com successfully, but after HTTP request was sent, received "ERROR 404: Not Found." Also failed to download from the dropbox mirror, with the same 404 Not Found error.

In red: "Error: Failed to download OpenELEC; check your Internet connection and try again."

Got the same result from 3Tfu5W and gJFToc8t.

What could the problem be? The Internet connection clearly works if it reported "connected" to the dl.dropboxusercontent.com IP addresses. (And I verified that the Internet connection works for everything else).

Thanks.

===
BTW: Saw the same Line 274 syntax error last night reported by EvilPutz, but glad it's fixed.
The OE folks must have changed the naming scheme on the download for the 5.95 betas; I adjusted it for the standalone media creation, but not dual boot. Will fix shortly.
(2015-05-08, 21:40)Matt Devo Wrote: The OE folks must have changed the naming scheme on the download for the 5.95 betas; I adjusted it for the standalone media creation, but not dual boot. Will fix shortly.

Is that what you really want? The betas installed?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I do. I've been testing the dev builds leading up to beta 1, and haven't run into any issues, so see no reason not to. Also, I've historically always updated the script with beta versions
  • 293(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37