• 50(current)
Aeon MQ 6
(2015-05-20, 14:23)orby Wrote:
(2015-05-20, 14:20)caralando Wrote: You can compare it like a pub gives away free beer but they are charging 50$ for the entry lol

don't ever run a pub then as ill drink you out of business

You have to be VIP Plus then to ALLYOUCANDRINK, thats 150$, as 50$ is just VIP including 10 Beers for free. Let's see how you will kick me out of my business.
Wrong! Once the skin is released it's free. Damn guys is it really that hard to understand?
People need to call down. Kickstarter is all donations, too. But when you donate you get perks, incentives, early access, whatever. Those incentives are there for donors. What MQ is doing is no different. If you donate, you get a perk, which is early access to an unreleased product. Nothing being sold.

He'll release the final whenever he feels like it. He can sell it, or only give it to his friends, or give it to no one; it's his work.

I'm glad that he's still committed to releasing it for free once ready.

There are a lot of people subscribing to this thread waiting for official announcements. Please let's stop cluttering it with this bickering.

Thanks
Hey butchabay, let me ask u something when do you think its finished? 1 month? 6 month? When its done he?
(2015-05-20, 14:27)caralando Wrote:
(2015-05-20, 14:23)orby Wrote:
(2015-05-20, 14:20)caralando Wrote: You can compare it like a pub gives away free beer but they are charging 50$ for the entry lol

don't ever run a pub then as ill drink you out of business

You have to be VIP Plus then to ALLYOUCANDRINK, thats 150$, as 50$ is just VIP including 10 Beers for free. Let's see how you will kick me out of my business.

then i wouldn't pay it as that is my choice, all you who donated it's your choice to do so for UNRELEASED software
(2015-05-20, 14:31)caralando Wrote: Hey butchabay, let me ask u something when do you think its finished? 1 month? 6 month? When its done he?

if it takes 6 months then so be it, i am more than happy with using the port scott967 and myself did of MQ5 and who knows i might not like MQ6 when it's RELEASED

this whole argument is because people are impatient and cannot wait and feel they are owed everything yesterday
I would love to help test the skin by reporting bugs to dev team, but i'm not willing to pay for it.
Maybe getting paid for it, after all it's a job isn't (just kidding).
But seriously, i would prefer to pay a small contribution to get the final release.
Making a skin like this is a huge amount of time, and this work merits some $$ to me. It makes so much more sense.

The stupid thing here is forbidding people like me (who want to help beta testing a buggy version) to access the skin..

I've been beta testing for a long time a software for Dune players (yaDIS). Never felt the need to contribute with money (unlike so many end users who donated although it wasn't compulsory), because i was already contributing with time spent to test and report...
i too would like to test and again my choice is to wait, but i can understand not wanting to release buggy code as people will manipulate, change it , release it early and cause all kinds of problems, i would sooner trust my dev team to people i can trust haven't bloated Kodi out with unsupported addons etc so i know it's the skin or kodi itself causing the problem
In my opinion hes just waiting for a weaker donation wave so he can just release it for people who donate for the finished skin. I bet this skin will be buggy and the community behind it is fixing this for him. Thats his strategy behind this. That is how he treats this community.
simple answer then is leave and use another skin, or will you sit quietly and wait for that to happen then still use his work?

and if that is his tactic good on him as it's his time and it's you guys who paid for access to an UNRELEASED skin he didn't hold a gun to your head and force you, if no one donated till it was released to say thank you then we wouldn't be here either
Yes whatever,
again if someones want to share the actual version contact me via PM please, thank you
Hi guys. I believe you have now set your opinions down nicely, and everyone knows what they are. Going back and forth on a topic is entirely pointless and is a huge waste of time for people subscribed to this thread for release announcement reasons. As such, here are the new facts. I guess you can start a new thread about the merits of closed betas. But if you decide you need to keep having that conversation here, I'm going to start banning people. Given that this thread is about Aeon MQ6 itself and not the terms of its release, the reasoning for the ban is simply going to be that you were off topic.

So there are your choices. Talk about MQ6. Don't talk about it. Move on. Or start a new thread. But anyone that discusses how OP does his releases from this point forward is getting a ban.
(2015-05-20, 14:09)MarcosQui Wrote: Dear users, we will highlight two points:

1. The skin is still under construction.
2. The skin has not yet been published here.

Therefore, it is my work, I have the right to sell, rent, burn or give the skin for who I want. There is no rule in this world that would prevent me from doing that.

After being finalized, the skin will the official repository respecting all the rules and formalities of this forum and the GPL license. Simple like that.

Because I did not authorize the publication of the skin by third parties?

A. Simple, because the skin is not ready. The person picks up the skin in alpha state, puts the tag "release", changes the work author's, and releases to the world. This is good for whom? For self promotion maybe. What a uninformed user will tell?
Oh, what a horrible skin, full of bugs and poorly finished, I will not use anymore.

The skin is closed to the development team, because this team is aware of the progress of work.
So it was with the Aeon MQ2, Aeon MQ3, Aeon MQ4, Aeon MQ5 , Aeon MQ6 and will be so until the day I desired.

After all, I'm wrong, seriously !?

Thank natethomas for the clarification.

Excellent and honest explanation for everyone who believe that can have a private work before it's completion and before this completion offered to public.
Anyone who wants to be a part of this development or critisize it IMO he should donate to support also the expenses of this progress. Otherwise none can demand to be offered before the offer's decision........
Clear ?
So, because everyone but few understands what was always clear, please all the others, do us a favor and let us think when we open this thread again, that we might find a serious post about this expected skin..........
I don't use Kodi auto watched tag feature.
I've put a line in advancedsettings.xml which prevent this feature, so that I have to manually tag a video as watched.
Reason for this, you curious little geeks, is that sometimes my wife and I don't watch videos at the same time, and my nav views are configured to hide watched videos.

This being said, I am missing something in MQ5 : ability to tag as watched an episode/film from the widgets displayed above the menu bar.
Indeed, this widgets only allow to launch a video... no C contextual menu with watched tag option, no W keyboard shortcut supported.
So this widgets are no use for me (aside from being pretty) because I still would have to enter the playlist, place me on the video, and hit W.

My question to donators and/or dev team is : does this behavior have evolved in MQ6?
After the build Beta 1, the skin will bring new feature called 'FLEXIBLE WIDGETS', and many things will be improved about the widgets.

You can watch the video I'll introduce this weekend.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 617