• 57(current)
Req Titan skin feature requests
Not really a feature, but it seems certain views in Advanced Launcher crop the top and bottom sides of fanart pictures too much. Apart from that, the support for the plugin in Titan is pretty much flawless.
(2015-05-24, 20:18)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-05-24, 19:15)Simograndi Wrote: Ok today I'm busy, tomorrow evening I'll check everything and make HD versions Wink

OK, great. In the meanwhile I'll start working on the OSD panel in preparation for the new icons.

Perfect. So Ill make icons 256x256 (so they will fit any size also in future) and only the white ones. For the highlight the flat white circle to color OK?
Please remember to include the teletext icon Smile
(2015-05-24, 21:44)Simograndi Wrote: Perfect. So Ill make icons 256x256 (so they will fit any size also in future) and only the white ones. For the highlight the flat white circle to color OK?
Please remember to include the teletext icon Smile

256x256 will be fine, future proof :-)

Yes, flat, white icons (maybe a thin black border would be nice ?). The whites will be colored dynamically by the skin.
I can can supply a different coloring and texture for both the focused and the unfocused button.
So, if you want to display the same osd texture just with a different color for both focused and unfocused it's okay to only have 1 (white) version of it and the skiun will dynamically color the texture.

If you want to show a different texture for focused and unfocused, then a different texture is needed for both.

You can also choose to invert the image on focus for example.
So for example the normal unfocused version of a button is a thin circle with the icon in it, with no fill in the cirkle, the focused version is a filled circle with the icon in it without filling. Or something like that...

I hope I've explained it well enough...
Yes you have. Anyway I'd make as now white icons for not selected, same ones with transparency about 75% for disabled and for selected ones to add behind a layer with the circle indicator colored Smile
(2015-05-25, 08:25)Simograndi Wrote: Yes you have. Anyway I'd make as now white icons for not selected, same ones with transparency about 75% for disabled and for selected ones to add behind a layer with the circle indicator colored Smile

OK, check out github because I prepared the OSD buttons change...
Swapped the osd buttons with those from another skin so you get the idea.

It uses the same texture for both unfocused and focused, for the focused item the focuscolor for buttons is applied to the image.
Offcourse if you want to show a different image on focus, all it takes is also create a focused version of each image.
Hi here I am!

I redid all the osd icons 256x256 (I've seen they look distorted because of the different resolution of the temporary ones, please fix that), only the white ones + a background highlight caleld OSD_FO.png.
I'd like it looks like this, with the color according to skin settings:

(left is not selected, if disabled you can set its opacity to 75%)

Also darkened many elements gray border, please overwrite all files I sent as I left only the modified ones.

Oh all settings icons are now ultra hd 512x512, I've tried and they look pretty good Smile

Anyway you can always resize to lower resolution if needed, but now the skin should no more enlarge pictures!

One last thing please disable any coloring of radio buttons (toggles) as they look very bad... The idea is to have always the white dot and only the colored bg, while for up/down toggles the colored part would be the dot. (look at pieces)

So here they are... let me know if it's allright, tomorrow evening I'll fix eventually everything Wink

icons update v3

THANK YOU!!
(2015-05-26, 00:22)Simograndi Wrote: So here they are... let me know if it's allright, tomorrow evening I'll fix eventually everything Wink

THANKS! I will try them out right away :-)
@Simograndi

There's a small issue with the osd icons... From the skin code I can't put that focusimage behind the control.
The only solution is to provide a focused version of each image...

For now I've just used the normal image for both focused and unfocused and the skin colorizes it on focus.

Other than that, looking great!
OK so I'll add under each. How have I to make icon so that you can color only the circle and not the white icon?
Hi mate love the skin, I recommend it to everyone I know who uses kodi :-)
Quick question....
If I'm trying to view a YouTube trailer from the context menu, is there a way it can open without kicking you out of the addon? Maybe open up in a new window?
(2015-05-26, 06:21)Simograndi Wrote: OK so I'll add under each. How have I to make icon so that you can color only the circle and not the white icon?

These work for your needs?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid...file%2czip

Hi here I am, I've made the _fo icons as Mario's ones, simply with my colors. (and new pointers)

icons fix v4

Can you substitute by skin the #2bb6ea color (cyan) with any one or you can just add a color layer to the whole image? Otherwise changing hue... Personally I don't like the whole icon being colored... But also we need something suitable to different color patterns. Let me know Wink

Another thing: testing the new images, I've seen that many of them (especially touch buttons icons) look bad because they are scaled. Can you fix this by code like adding a bicubic interpolation? Otherwise let me know the exact resolution rendered and I'll prepare the images into that native resolution for the best result. (I'm using .13 beta with the 1080 xml folder from GIT)
(2015-05-26, 19:30)Simograndi Wrote: Hi here I am, I've made the _fo icons as Mario's ones, simply with my colors. (and new pointers)

icons fix v4

Can you substitute by skin the #2bb6ea color (cyan) with any one or you can just add a color layer to the whole image? Otherwise changing hue... Personally I don't like the whole icon being colored... But also we need something suitable to different color patterns. Let me know Wink

Another thing: testing the new images, I've seen that many of them (especially touch buttons icons) look bad because they are scaled. Can you fix this by code like adding a bicubic interpolation? Otherwise let me know the exact resolution rendered and I'll prepare the images into that native resolution for the best result. (I'm using .13 beta with the 1080 xml folder from GIT)

Kodi has its own scaler - no way to pick a method.

Color is applied as a diffused layer - so white / shades of white will be colored

A white circle with a diffused texture of blue will be a blue circle.

A white circle with a black square with same diffused texture of blue will be a blue circle with a black square - overlaying a color over black - remains black

Confusing I know .. Kodi cannot replace one color with another

When I get back I can look at the images in v4

More later when I'm not driving lol
Uhm you explained perfectly don't worry... unfortunately skin only does what I feared about... Sad

what about if I make a _fo icon for each color (4-5)? I know it's not the best solution speaking by code, but at least images would be perfect and nicer.

Otherwise we can leave as it is now, only white icon that becomes colored when selected Smile

I only have to fix the toggles so, because the blur on them looks very bad.. or we desable it (and use blue active icon always) or I have to use a black bg everywhere...
You can use white (which will get the most color applied) to black (no color applied) and then shades of grey (amount of color in proportion to amount of white) - you can also use transparency/alpha

Look here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Button_control

A button can have an image for when focused and another for not focused

Think of a white/grey/black image..

Which parts would you want to make "green" when focused?

Make them white in image

Then Marcel can add users color preference to the image

colordiffuse is the control tag that sets which color to apply..

This specifies the color to be used for the texture basis. It's in hex AARRGGBB format. If you define <colordiffuse>FFFF00FF</colordiffuse> (magenta), the image will be given a magenta tint when rendered. Defaults to FFFFFFFF (no tint).

The panels in the skin are just a white square that is stretched to a size specified and then a color of the users choice is applied (diffused) and then finally an opacity is set using the fade animation control tag.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin feature requests4