• 642(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2015-06-09, 14:58)Dumyat Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 14:33)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 13:10)Skribbler1 Wrote: +1

Doesn't most remote apps feature media buttons? (Red,blue,green,yellow)? Does PTVL ignore those commands from apps?
Unfortunately keyboard won't have commands to open menus.
Official Kodi Android remote doesn't have coloured media buttons, which I've tried and neither does the Yatse remote which is one of most popular and currently using. However, both support short-cuts to movies, Tv shows, Music, pictures....
If no coloured media buttons actually exist, I take it there is no alternative to access these options?
Same here, im using yatse and full keyboard on one pc and mini keyboard on an android device, and remote with air mouse on another.
None have red, green... Buttons
(2015-06-09, 15:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 14:58)Dumyat Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 14:33)Lunatixz Wrote: Doesn't most remote apps feature media buttons? (Red,blue,green,yellow)? Does PTVL ignore those commands from apps?
Unfortunately keyboard won't have commands to open menus.
Official Kodi Android remote doesn't have coloured media buttons, which I've tried and neither does the Yatse remote which is one of most popular and currently using. However, both support short-cuts to movies, Tv shows, Music, pictures....
If no coloured media buttons actually exist, I take it there is no alternative to access these options?

You can use the keymap plugin, and remap a button on your keyboard? maybe a function button?

Aye, that's certainly a possibility to map that way, but I guess I was hoping because I'm lazy not to have to use a keyboard Sad Actually, until I saw the colours added to these options recently, I had probably just assumed (incorrectly it looks like) that you would just scroll to the first channel in the EPG, then be able to up arrow to these options.....Smile
Will take a look at the keymap plugin and see how I get on....Smile
(2015-06-09, 15:32)Dumyat Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 15:00)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 14:58)Dumyat Wrote: Official Kodi Android remote doesn't have coloured media buttons, which I've tried and neither does the Yatse remote which is one of most popular and currently using. However, both support short-cuts to movies, Tv shows, Music, pictures....

You can use the keymap plugin, and remap a button on your keyboard? maybe a function button?

Aye, that's certainly a possibility to map that way, but I guess I was hoping because I'm lazy not to have to use a keyboard Sad Actually, until I saw the colours added to these options recently, I had probably just assumed (incorrectly it looks like) that you would just scroll to the first channel in the EPG, then be able to up arrow to these options.....Smile

There is no way to switch control focus to another set of buttons while in the EPG, up,down,right,left applies to the guide, no way to make it jump to the buttons above. Only option was to use remote commands... So thats how it will be. I'm happy with it since it takes two seconds to remap a button on my remote Wink
Also if you are don't map buttons then you are missing out... Last channel, Fav channel jump, all remote buttons that complete the experience...
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-06-09, 15:36)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 15:32)Dumyat Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 15:00)Lunatixz Wrote: You can use the keymap plugin, and remap a button on your keyboard? maybe a function button?

There is no way to switch control focus to another set of buttons while in the EPG, up,down,right,left applies to the guide, no way to make it jump to the buttons above. Only option was to use remote commands... So thats how it will be. I'm happy with it since it takes two seconds to remap a button on my remote Wink
Also if you are don't map buttons then you are missing out... Last channel, Fav channel jump, all remote buttons that complete the experience...
Ahhhh, I see the problem. Just trying now with my existing remote to see if its works, otherwise will try mapping the keyboard Smile I presume it is the coloured teletext buttons under virtual keyboard that I need to remap to alternative key? Oh, Last Channel.......Last channel skip? Used to have that function years ago on my cable and have always missed the function.....YaY! Smile
does the keymap plugin let you remap a button to "Blue" etc...?
(2015-06-08, 22:21)ShaunB1980 Wrote: Can I filter it to only show ESPN1* or do not show if doesnt contain ESPN1* etc ?

I would be happy with alphabetical sorting but do not see that listed

In regards to using the PlayOn Plugin CHtype, it currently shows in an undesirable order.

When you select PlayON > ESPN > Live TV it shows all of the stations with live feeds I would like to create channels for each feed no show all the feeds on one channel in PSTVL if possible.

Also are you working with the Silicon Dust group for their PVR used with HDhomerun to work with PSTVL ?
(2015-06-09, 20:07)ShaunB1980 Wrote:
(2015-06-08, 22:21)ShaunB1980 Wrote: Can I filter it to only show ESPN1* or do not show if doesnt contain ESPN1* etc ?

I would be happy with alphabetical sorting but do not see that listed

In regards to using the PlayOn Plugin CHtype, it currently shows in an undesirable order.

When you select PlayON > ESPN > Live TV it shows all of the stations with live feeds I would like to create channels for each feed no show all the feeds on one channel in PSTVL if possible.

Search the forum, you are incorrectly using the Plugin chtype...

(2015-06-09, 20:07)ShaunB1980 Wrote: Also are you working with the Silicon Dust group for their PVR used with HDhomerun to work with PSTVL ?

No,
That is very discouraging that I am using it wrong as I just found out yesterday about Playon Plugin chat yep using your browser.

When I searched yesterday for PlayOn in this thread it showed mostly old posts.

I will try again, ty
Well no luck using the search function, is there a guide to setting up PLayOn channels using the new browser plugin ?

I dont know how I am using it wrong, I guess I am pretty confused and dont know where or what to look for
(2015-06-09, 20:43)Lunatixz Wrote: [quote='ShaunB1980' pid='2025021' dateline='1433875256']
Well no luck using the search function, is there a guide to setting up PLayOn channels using the new browser plugin ?

I dont know how I am using it wrong, I guess I am pretty confused and dont know where or what to look for

You are using the wrong chtype! not playon... search the forum, read up on how PTVL works, and the difference between the chtypes...What makes you think you should use chtype 15 for a single upnp show Wink
Here is an example.

If I open the .PlayON Brwoser and go to ESPN Live it shows ESPN1 - Outside the lines playing. When I select it then it plays.

If I open PSTVL guide it shows all the different ESPN channels as different shows, no big deal I just have to scroll over to ESPN1 however it shows NFL Live listed as showing and when I select it then is shows ESPN2 Illinois vs Vanderbilt and does not play.
(2015-06-09, 20:48)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 20:43)Lunatixz Wrote: [quote='ShaunB1980' pid='2025021' dateline='1433875256']

You are using the wrong chtype! not playon... search the forum, read up on how PTVL works, and the difference between the chtypes...What makes you think you should use chtype 15 for a single upnp show Wink

I was under the impression I was using the PlayON Chtype that you suggested yesterday ?

"Playon Chtype 16 dropped, in favour of new plugin available from my repo "playonbrowser". Once installed, Chtype 15 "Plugin" will have a custom option for "Playon"
(2015-06-09, 21:06)ShaunB1980 Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 20:48)Lunatixz Wrote:

I was under the impression I was using the PlayON Chtype that you suggested yesterday ?

"Playon Chtype 16 dropped, in favour of new plugin available from my repo "playonbrowser". Once installed, Chtype 15 "Plugin" will have a custom option for "Playon"

ahhh, I'm trying here Wink

I want you to find the answer... since its been discussed here a lot... and the answer is also available thru the in-app managers help feature...

Yes, Chtype 16's "playon" feature was dropped in favor of the "Playon Browser" plugin (chtype 16 is now just for upnp sources), and Chtype 15 is for parsing plugin directories and files...plural...

PTVL only has two chtypes that parse a "Single" file or feed... chtype 8 and 9 (LiveTV / InternetTV)...

The in-app managers help guide isn't finished, but does provide a lot of information if you use it Smile Good luck
Well thank you for trying, believe it or not I'm not a complete moron. I am really good at reading documentation and troubleshooting but I do not even know where I am making a mistake and it seems the guides or suggestions I have found are dated.

I guess I will try LiveTV /InternetTV again

update:

Chtype InternetTV
Source: Plugin
Browse: LiveTV > ESPN > ESPN LIVE > ESPN 1- NFL Show (currently Playing)

Save and open PTVL, go to the channel and it crashes PTVL

update:

Chrype Live TV same result, crashes PTVL

Go back into channel config and the Source and Browse Path are blank again
I seem to be missing under the Visuals config section the option to choose a skin. The top choice on the Visuals config screen that I have is "Use (S0E01), Instead of (01x01) and if I scroll down I see no way to choose which skin I want to use for EPG. What am I missing?

FYI - am using version 0.6.2c.

Thanks for any help.
  • 642(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45