• 321(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Quote:Yeah, just re-run the script and reinstall and you should be good to go

That's what i did yesterday evening. Everything worked fine, no problem. It was a quick fix and i can recommend for anyone having this problem.
Thanks Matt!

On another topic: i found that i can manually put the Chromebox to sleep using the powerd (Power Manager daemon) from the shell inside Chromeos. I wrote a mini shell script that executes the command needed. I am now wondering if it is possible to get this script to run from an icon by click? Going to shell and executing the script manually is not really user friendly. Also i could never get my girlfriend to do that Smile
Executing shell scripts by icon click, would enable me to build some handy mini tools i guess.
(2015-06-23, 23:37)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-06-23, 21:49)YippeeKaiay Wrote: Ok I've messed around a little and it seems I can make it do this by putting on debug to see the cpu, restarting and and when the cpu settles putting it into suspend and the waking it straight away. It only goes to 100% for about 2 mins and then drops. Is this normal behavior and will it cause unnecessary ware to the cpu??

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me Smile

I'm not seeing that, I'm seeing mostly single digit CPU usage (with spikes to 10-12%) on both cores when resuming from suspend with debug logging enabled

I found the issue it was the VPN. The issue stopped when I removed the autostart.sh and came back when I replaced it. I guess that's a kodi issue?
(2015-06-24, 08:43)Brker19 Wrote: Ok did a search for this and couldn't find it. I installed the stand alone Kodibutnu and I'm trying to figure out how to make the PS3 remote link with my Asus chrome box? I have tried hitting enter and start but nothing happens? Do I have to enable blutooth somewhere?

probably? I'm sure there's plenty of info over on the Linux support forum since it's more of a software issue

(2015-06-24, 09:38)monsen Wrote: On another topic: i found that i can manually put the Chromebox to sleep using the powerd (Power Manager daemon) from the shell inside Chromeos. I wrote a mini shell script that executes the command needed. I am now wondering if it is possible to get this script to run from an icon by click? Going to shell and executing the script manually is not really user friendly. Also i could never get my girlfriend to do that Smile
Executing shell scripts by icon click, would enable me to build some handy mini tools i guess.

No idea unfortunately, but sounds like a question for a ChromeOS support forum. Not sure it's really needed though since ChromeOS should so that automatically

(2015-06-24, 13:57)YippeeKaiay Wrote: I found the issue it was the VPN. The issue stopped when I removed the autostart.sh and came back when I replaced it. I guess that's a kodi issue?

I'd say more of an OpenELEC one, perhaps it's trying to reconnect to the VPN before the network connection comes back up fully?
Cool thanks for the reply. I found I like the phone network control better than a remote.
Anyone else having issues where you lose DTS-HD support but after I reboot the Chromebox DTS-HD returns?

I have a very new Denon AVR and sometimes when I play a movies with DTS-HD I get DTS only...I reboot and then I get DTS-HD...

Is this a known issue hopefully?
It's a handshake problem. Long story, short: Make fully sure your AVR / TV is enable prior you even think on starting the chromebox. Same for suspend / resume.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-06-24, 18:07)fritsch Wrote: It's a handshake problem. Long story, short: Make fully sure your AVR / TV is enable prior you even think on starting the chromebox. Same for suspend / resume.

I keep my Chromebox on...what should I do then?
Keep your AVR and TV on? :-) Disable Hotplug Pin on the cable? Teach your AVR to transmit EDID also when offline?

Does: systemctl restart kodi help?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I thought I'd put this here in case anyone has the same problem.

Recently had an issue after upgrading to Openelec 5.95.2 (6.0 beta 2) on a standalone system where on resuming from suspend the fan was blasting at 100%, when I went to reboot it crashed with these errors:

REMOVED

Upgraded to the lastest Coreboot Firmware and it seems to be sorted now.

Issue still exists after Coreboot Firmware upgrade.

To reproduce:
Suspend the Chromebox/Openelec
Turn back on with MCE remote - fan is at 100% for about 10 seconds then returns to normal (unlike previously where it was stuck at 100%)
Wrong HDMI port has been selected so I have to restart kodi (systemctl kodi restart) which has an autostart script to pick the correct HDMI port.
Go to power menu and select Reboot

System crashes and the power button needs pressing.

(2015-06-24, 21:55)ant_thomas Wrote: Issue still exists after Coreboot Firmware upgrade.

To reproduce:
Suspend the Chromebox/Openelec
Turn back on with MCE remote - fan is at 100% for about 10 seconds then returns to normal (unlike previously where it was stuck at 100%)
Wrong HDMI port has been selected so I have to restart kodi (systemctl kodi restart) which has an autostart script to pick the correct HDMI port.
Go to power menu and select Reboot

System crashes and the power button needs pressing.

why are you restarting Kodi just to change the video output device? just modify the suspend/resume script I posted on the wiki to turn off video before suspend, and turn back on after using the desired output
(2015-06-24, 22:40)Matt Devo Wrote: why are you restarting Kodi just to change the video output device? just modify the suspend/resume script I posted on the wiki to turn off video before suspend, and turn back on after using the desired output

I had an autostart and suspend/resume script to overcome some HDMI/EDID issues with my Amp/TV setup. This had been working from a while back so I'd left it as it was, it has only stopped working properly since 5.95.1/2. I'll go back and have a look at it all again and start from the top.

Either way, should I be experiencing a crash like that at all?
(2015-06-24, 23:35)ant_thomas Wrote: I had an autostart and suspend/resume script to overcome some HDMI/EDID issues with my Amp/TV setup. This had been working from a while back so I'd left it as it was, it has only stopped working properly since 5.95.1/2. I'll go back and have a look at it all again and start from the top.

Either way, should I be experiencing a crash like that at all?

I wouldn't think so, but sounds more like an OpenELEC/kernel/Kodi issue than anything specific to the ChromeBox.

what changed/stopped working with the 5.95.x betas? I haven't tested them on my HDMI-connected AVR yet, but I also leave my main ChromeBox on 24/7
(2015-06-24, 18:06)jmhenry5150 Wrote: Anyone else having issues where you lose DTS-HD support but after I reboot the Chromebox DTS-HD returns?

I have a very new Denon AVR and sometimes when I play a movies with DTS-HD I get DTS only...I reboot and then I get DTS-HD...

one most of the newer denon's you can choose to keep active and passthrough and hdmi input at all times even when the denon is off. this may help.

i have a similar situation in that i use the chromebox to output to my avr upstairs and my denon downstairs. the avr upstairs is older and does not support new HD codecs. so when i watch downstairs i just have the avr on and reboot the chromebox before watching and also change the audio output settings.
(2015-06-24, 13:57)YippeeKaiay Wrote: I found the issue it was the VPN. The issue stopped when I removed the autostart.sh and came back when I replaced it. I guess that's a kodi issue?

(2015-06-24, 15:46)Matt Devo Wrote: I'd say more of an OpenELEC one, perhaps it's trying to reconnect to the VPN before the network connection comes back up fully?

Yea I just found I lose my Internet connection on resume, I guess because the vpn is not stopped. I have tried to make a supsend/resume script and it stops the vpn before but I can't get it to reconnect after! This is the script I use

#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
pre)
killall openvpn &
;;
post)
openvpn /storage/.config/vpn-config/uk-southampton.ovpn &
;;
esac

Do you have any ideas?? If I run (openvpn /storage/.config/vpn-config/uk-southampton.ovpn &) in putty it starts up again. Am I missing a command?
I have the same problem using ASUS chromebox with denon's and I need to power on/off to keep active and passthrough. However, for my other media player connected to denon's I DONT need to power on/off.
Is there any setting on denon to cater for ASUS chromebox passthrough issues ?

(2015-06-25, 07:10)knives of ice Wrote:
(2015-06-24, 18:06)jmhenry5150 Wrote: Anyone else having issues where you lose DTS-HD support but after I reboot the Chromebox DTS-HD returns?

one most of the newer denon's you can choose to keep active and passthrough and hdmi input at all times even when the denon is off. this may help.

i have a similar situation in that i use the chromebox to output to my avr upstairs and my denon downstairs. the avr upstairs is older and does not support new HD codecs. so when i watch downstairs i just have the avr on and reboot the chromebox before watching and also change the audio output settings.
  • 321(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37