• 649(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Hi Luna! I haven't been using PTVL in a while...I broke it a while back and just didn't feel like updating it. However, I'm back using it again and I'm loving where it is now! Nothing but positive improvements!

I've just updated to the newest version from the last version (forget version number of previous). I don't have "fetch artwork" enabled. On the previous version, the show info ("I" button) would show the channel logo where the show's art would be. Now, it only shows the PTVL logo instead. Was something changed? Just curious.

Also, I've noticed that I seem to be missing a lot of the EPG goodies. Here's a screenshot. I have all of the recommended/required/etc. addons installed.

I'll try to stay up to date with PTVL and I plan on contributing some media every once in a while.
Wetek Play + LibreELEC
Trying to get a few (~10) music video channels working and I'd like to ask for advice. I'm using v0.6.3c on Kodi 14.2 on Windows.

I tested two ways, custom playlist channels and directory channels. While both ways work, directory channels seem to perform better, anyone experiencing the same?

Under this impression I decided to work with directory channels and I'm almost happy, but...

I have a directory structure like
-- music_videos
--- edm
--- hiphop
--- pop

I noticed that if I set a channel to play "smb://x/share/music_videos/", it seems to only use items from the first sub folder, "edm". Is there a way I can get the channel to mix items from all the sub folders?

Is there a different way that works better than directory channels?
Is there a way to disable the start over prompt option completely? I suspect this is what is causing my problems since it started happening when this feature was added. When I browse the guide and click on a channel it will load great. But then if I hit enter again to reload the onscreen guide, most of the time it will restart the video instead of loading the guide.
(2015-06-28, 13:45)graff1337 Wrote: Trying to get a few (~10) music video channels working and I'd like to ask for advice. I'm using v0.6.3c on Kodi 14.2 on Windows.

I tested two ways, custom playlist channels and directory channels. While both ways work, directory channels seem to perform better, anyone experiencing the same?

Under this impression I decided to work with directory channels and I'm almost happy, but...

I have a directory structure like
-- music_videos
--- edm
--- hiphop
--- pop

I noticed that if I set a channel to play "smb://x/share/music_videos/", it seems to only use items from the first sub folder, "edm". Is there a way I can get the channel to mix items from all the sub folders?

Is there a different way that works better than directory channels?

Increase the media limit for the channel then use the random rule.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-06-28, 10:26)ryanmcclure Wrote: Hi Luna! I haven't been using PTVL in a while...I broke it a while back and just didn't feel like updating it. However, I'm back using it again and I'm loving where it is now! Nothing but positive improvements!

I've just updated to the newest version from the last version (forget version number of previous). I don't have "fetch artwork" enabled. On the previous version, the show info ("I" button) would show the channel logo where the show's art would be. Now, it only shows the PTVL logo instead. Was something changed? Just curious.

Also, I've noticed that I seem to be missing a lot of the EPG goodies. Here's a screenshot. I have all of the recommended/required/etc. addons installed.

I'll try to stay up to date with PTVL and I plan on contributing some media every once in a while.

there is no "fetch artwork" or any type of artwork switch, it's always on... at least it should be.
Only option is "find missing info" which will find artwork if you don't' have it locally.

Try enabling "find missing info" and clearing art cache.
(2015-06-28, 16:08)Lunatixz Wrote: Increase the media limit for the channel then use the random rule.

Thanks a lot for your quick help. Works like a charm.

I noticed that EPG slows down dramatically if it has to visualize a lot of entrys on a channel.

In my case of directory channels the "duration of short videos" setting of max 480 seconds is not enough to hide all music video clips, there are items with a length around 11minutes in my library.

May I request that in a future version the "ClipLength" setting (currently "15|30|60|90|120|240|360|480") gets extended with "600|720|900|1200" or similar?

(I temporarily moved all video clips above 480 seconds to make EPG usage possible)
(2015-06-28, 10:26)ryanmcclure Wrote: I've just updated to the newest version from the last version (forget version number of previous). I don't have "fetch artwork" enabled. On the previous version, the show info ("I" button) would show the channel logo where the show's art would be. Now, it only shows the PTVL logo instead. Was something changed? Just curious.

Yes, I seem to be having the same problem. I have all the artwork locally, and I'm still seeing the default logo everywhere (doesn't matter if find missing info is on, or off).

Just curious, is the artwork / logo missing from the overlay when changing channels as well? Bummed I can't get it to work!
(2015-06-28, 17:34)dfdeath Wrote:
(2015-06-28, 10:26)ryanmcclure Wrote: I've just updated to the newest version from the last version (forget version number of previous). I don't have "fetch artwork" enabled. On the previous version, the show info ("I" button) would show the channel logo where the show's art would be. Now, it only shows the PTVL logo instead. Was something changed? Just curious.

Yes, I seem to be having the same problem. I have all the artwork locally, and I'm still seeing the default logo everywhere (doesn't matter if find missing info is on, or off).

Just curious, is the artwork / logo missing from the overlay when changing channels as well? Bummed I can't get it to work!
Do I get a log?
(2015-06-28, 17:19)graff1337 Wrote:
(2015-06-28, 16:08)Lunatixz Wrote: Increase the media limit for the channel then use the random rule.

Thanks a lot for your quick help. Works like a charm.

I noticed that EPG slows down dramatically if it has to visualize a lot of entrys on a channel.

In my case of directory channels the "duration of short videos" setting of max 480 seconds is not enough to hide all music video clips, there are items with a length around 11minutes in my library.

May I request that in a future version the "ClipLength" setting (currently "15|30|60|90|120|240|360|480") gets extended with "600|720|900|1200" or similar?

(I temporarily moved all video clips above 480 seconds to make EPG usage possible)
Depending on your setup the epg can slow down... You need to lower limits, buts im not interested in increasing hide short... That's not what its designed for.
(2015-06-28, 17:42)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-06-28, 17:34)dfdeath Wrote:

Do I get a log?

Sure thing, just sent you a PM. Many thanks!
quick feedback on update: found its best to let it alone for a bit after inital startup, its loading alota art or somthing.. once its in (for me about 5 mins) its pretty solid.nice and fast, Ive limited my midea to 200 no reason other than to not build channels forever. YT seems happy. all in all better and better. Default skin works well. was easy this time to convert to my custom skin so very happy.

Thank again
(2015-06-28, 17:45)Lunatixz Wrote: Depending on your setup the epg can slow down... You need to lower limits, buts im not interested in increasing hide short... That's not what its designed for.

Thanks for your reply.

Media limit 25 or 250 doesn't affect the EPG speed noticeable for me.

Lowering the short video duration from 480 to 120 seconds fixed all my EPG lag problems. I assumed it would speed up EPG surfing if no items had to be rendered on a channel "time-bar", thats wrong.

< happy user
hey luna,
can you please put the "on demand" back to the side menu or at least give it another keyboard shortcut apart from the color buttons? i was using it alot, now i have to exit PSTL for each movie the kids askes.
im using windows PC, 2 android's and 1 Rpi, each have at least 1 remote if not two, none have colored buttons

thanks
(2015-06-29, 13:55)hasamba Wrote: hey luna,
can you please put the "on demand" back to the side menu or at least give it another keyboard shortcut apart from the color buttons? i was using it alot, now i have to exit PSTL for each movie the kids askes.
im using windows PC, 2 android's and 1 Rpi, each have at least 1 remote if not two, none have colored buttons

thanks

If you don't mind using an app, Yatze (Android Kodi remote) just implemented configurable buttons. Also if you have any free buttons on your remote, you can use Keymap editor to remap those actions to different buttons. I didn't think the on demand stuff was working yet, since I only get a blank screen. Anyway, good luck.
Brevity should never equate to rudeness.
When a channel starts, it plays a second or so of the start the the show/movie before it jumps to where its meant to play from. Anyone else experience this?
  • 649(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45