• 56(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
(2015-07-05, 19:10)DearSweetMan Wrote: I'm new to this forum so forgive any stupidity I may demonstrate! :-)

My version (1.0.35) simply doesn't seem to work right at all...

I have no entry in the Settings for 'Override Context Menu' so making the whole process long-winded
When I make a Addon favourite, it does not appear in the 'Explore Kodi Favourites' listing
Half the time, when I press the programmed SF key, it doesn't go to SF
When I try to programme the entries with BOLD [B] or [COLOR}, it ignores my entries and just displays the [B] etc., codings

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Override Context Menu - This is now called Enable global Super Favourites menu
The addon you mention, this addon maintains its own set of favourites, it does not add to Kodi favourites. Once you have enabled the Global Menu you will be able items from it directly to Super Favourites.
Bold only works on Super Favourites not Super Folders and you need to put it like this:

Code:
[B]This is bold[/B]

Colours are similar but it is easier to use the colorize option (via context menu - followed by Edit Favourite)

Hope that helps.
Thank you Spoyser for your prompt assistance.

Comments noted.

I have now downloaded your BETA version (1.0.32.2) and this is working fine, although it still won't always recognise my programmed hotkey.

I'll try what you've suggested and see how things go.

I forgot to mention that it is an OUTSTANDING piece of work.

Thank you very much.
(2015-07-05, 13:47)MediaPi Wrote: can a code be made to pass arguments into iRecommend
want to assign a button to it

Do you mean like this?

Code:
keyword = 'Back to the future'
cmd = 'ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=2700&keyword=%s")' % urllib.quote_plus(keyword)

I have also uploaded a new version for you to play with, this now has iRecommend on the Global Override Menu, finally I hear you say lol Big Grin

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...BMC/sf.zip

Also, if you want your Google image addon to always show Thumbnails, find this line in default.py

Code:
xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(int(sys.argv[1]),succeeded=success,updateListing=update_dir,cacheToDisc=cache)

And immediately after it add this line:

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.SetViewMode(500)')

This works for Confluence, for other skins the number may vary. You can find the number required by setting the view type to Thumbnails in SF, selecting the 'Remember current view type' from the context menu, then looking at the value of the 'Set view type' setting in SF display settings.
(2015-07-05, 19:52)DearSweetMan Wrote: Thank you Spoyser for your prompt assistance.

Comments noted.

I have now downloaded your BETA version (1.0.32.2) and this is working fine, although it still won't always recognise my programmed hotkey.

I'll try what you've suggested and see how things go.

I forgot to mention that it is an OUTSTANDING piece of work.

Thank you very much.

Thank you, glad you like it Smile

With regards the hotkey, does it work sometimes? What hardware are you using?
(2015-07-05, 19:59)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-07-05, 13:47)MediaPi Wrote: can a code be made to pass arguments into iRecommend
want to assign a button to it

Do you mean like this?

Code:
keyword = 'Back to the future'
cmd = 'ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=2700&keyword=%s")' % urllib.quote_plus(keyword)

I have also uploaded a new version for you to play with, this now has iRecommend on the Global Override Menu, finally I hear you say lol Big Grin

Also, if you want your Google image addon to always show Thumbnails, find this line in default.py

Code:
xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory(int(sys.argv[1]),succeeded=success,updateListing=update_dir,cacheToDisc=cache)

And immediately after it add this line:

Code:
xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.SetViewMode(500)')

This works for Confluence, for other skins the number may vary. You can find the number required by setting the view type to Thumbnails in SF, selecting the 'Remember current view type' from the context menu, then looking at the value of the 'Set view type' setting in SF display settings.
hallelujah, praise the lord! your to good to me Sean! FINALLY Big Grin I'm excited to try this feature. THANKYOUU Big Grin I'll report back
'ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=2700&keyword=%s")' % urllib.quote_plus(keyword)

is the apostrophe in the right place?

edit: sorry I think I get it, I just need this part
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=2700&keyword=%s")

the rest of the code you kindly gave me before
Just tried your new sf.zip, the irecommend is working great Smile thanks.
I used this
CMD = 'ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?mode=2700&keyword=[%SF%]")'

and with your other script I got a button that does it automatically for me. happy chappy Big Grin
Sean just letting you know if you decide to take out irecommend from context menu, that it'll be fine with me, I can see what you was saying about two many options, but saying that I think much more people will use this feature as a result of it being so easily accessible. Smile but I do really appreciate everything you do!
I have a question
how does irecommend work?
the first time you click I recommend, it asks you to identify which movie
what happens when you identify a movie? does it record a number to that movie?
then you click the second time on irecommend and it gives you imdb recommendations

is it possible just to feed a movie name in the second stage, I understand this might not give me the movie I wanted but is it possible?

if so can you give me the code similar to how you gave me the code for first stage.

I want to be able to click irecommend on a movie and bang, I get recommendations on the next screen lol ignore me if I'm nagging
(2015-07-06, 21:11)MediaPi Wrote: I have a question
how does irecommend work?
the first time you click I recommend, it asks you to identify which movie
what happens when you identify a movie? does it record a number to that movie?
then you click the second time on irecommend and it gives you imdb recommendations

is it possible just to feed a movie name in the second stage, I understand this might not give me the movie I wanted but is it possible?

if so can you give me the code similar to how you gave me the code for first stage.

I want to be able to click irecommend on a movie and bang, I get recommendations on the next screen lol ignore me if I'm nagging

The first time it does a simple imdb using the keyword(s) you have entered.

Subsequent searches then use the imdb number (the one beginning with tt) to go directly to the page of that movie. It then displays the 10 items from the 'also watched' section.

So you can't really go to the second section unless you know the tt number.

Hope that makes sense.
perfectly Smile thanks for fast response!
(2015-07-06, 21:20)MediaPi Wrote: perfectly Smile thanks for fast response!

I guess it could always assume the first hit is the correct one
(2015-07-06, 21:23)spoyser Wrote:

Big Grin got my attention LOL
you know what I'm going to ask now don't you,
have an option in settings to "assume first one is correct"
and let me do that option lol

Imdb on 95% of time uses the first link at the top so it could be an awesome quick way to find a recommended movie

maybe on a todo list?

EDIT: maybe have this option for the context menu iRecommend as opposed to the iRecommend reached from iSearch

similar to how you implemented "tiddy up search term" for iSearch in context menu
strke that off, its works good as it stands
(2015-07-06, 21:36)MediaPi Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 21:23)spoyser Wrote:

Big Grin got my attention LOL
you know what I'm going to ask now don't you,
have an option in settings to "assume first one is correct"
and let me do that option lol

Imdb on 95% of time uses the first link at the top so it could be an awesome quick way to find a recommended movie

maybe on a todo list?

EDIT: maybe have this option for the context menu iRecommend as opposed to the iRecommend reached from iSearch

similar to how you implemented "tiddy up search term" for iSearch in context menu

Have a look at this version and see what you think. This has an option to use the first item (see the iRecommend Quick Select item in the Other Features tab in the settings)

• 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6