• 121(current)
v13 Titan MediaBrowser skin
@marcelveldt so I have been looking to the spinner loading issue on Raspberry Pi some more, it seems the spinner logo eats cpu cycles and stays on screen a long time while playing movies, the only way around this seems to add a skin option to disable the spinner in DialogBusy.xml similar to how Confluence Modified Skin has tackled this. Could this be added please?

References:
https://github.com/Mudislander/skin.conf...c61b4bab61
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=168478&page=3
(2015-07-07, 11:08)marcelveldt Wrote: I found out the problem... It is only not updating when the list is empty. When there are actually items in it (multiple movies in progress) it works flawless. Hmmm, I'll try to find a way to solve that. At least now we know why I couldn't reproduce.

Thanks Marcel, great find Big Grin I only ever have one movie in progress so the list is usually empty.

Actually I was going to ask for a feature request regarding this. I have my widgets set for Movies In Progress & Episodes in Progress or Up Next Episode (whatever the new option is called). Most of the time the Movie widget is empty & at times the TV Show one is too, is it possible to show a fallback option for the widget, say Random Movies/TV Shows or Recently Added, if the In Progress list is empty & then switch back to In Progress as something is partially watched?

Cheers.
(2015-07-07, 13:03)taurus35 Wrote:
(2015-07-07, 11:08)marcelveldt Wrote: I found out the problem... It is only not updating when the list is empty. When there are actually items in it (multiple movies in progress) it works flawless. Hmmm, I'll try to find a way to solve that. At least now we know why I couldn't reproduce.

Thanks Marcel, great find Big Grin I only ever have one movie in progress so the list is usually empty.

Actually I was going to ask for a feature request regarding this. I have my widgets set for Movies In Progress & Episodes in Progress or Up Next Episode (whatever the new option is called). Most of the time the Movie widget is empty & at times the TV Show one is too, is it possible to show a fallback option for the widget, say Random Movies/TV Shows or Recently Added, if the In Progress list is empty & then switch back to In Progress as something is partially watched?

Cheers.

+1 that's a great feature request!
(2015-07-07, 13:03)taurus35 Wrote:

Cheers.

I like that. I would like a mixed mode too so I could emulate better what Plex does for Android TV.

In a vertical home screen top object would be a "Library" view where the widget would be all the options I have (Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows, Music, Workout, Home Videos). Second would be "On Deck" which would be the combination of "Next Up" episodes and "In Progress" Movies. Third object would be Recently added Movies and Episodes. I think the fourth object is a recommended row for movies and tv shows.

I think that's all there individually. The first row I can probably already do. But the next two rows would require combining existing widgets.
(2015-07-07, 12:12)wezley98 Wrote: @marcelveldt so I have been looking to the spinner loading issue on Raspberry Pi some more, it seems the spinner logo eats cpu cycles and stays on screen a long time while playing movies, the only way around this seems to add a skin option to disable the spinner in DialogBusy.xml similar to how Confluence Modified Skin has tackled this. Could this be added please?

It has already been added :-)

In the skin settings --> general skin settings, you now have an option to select the busy animation.
You can select a leight-weight gif animation OR you can set it to "None" which will completely disable the busy loader.
Note that this is atm only available in the beta version, soon published to the stable version.
(2015-07-07, 13:03)taurus35 Wrote: Actually I was going to ask for a feature request regarding this. I have my widgets set for Movies In Progress & Episodes in Progress or Up Next Episode (whatever the new option is called). Most of the time the Movie widget is empty & at times the TV Show one is too, is it possible to show a fallback option for the widget, say Random Movies/TV Shows or Recently Added, if the In Progress list is empty & then switch back to In Progress as something is partially watched?

I changed the "recommended movies" option: I will now first display the in progress movies (if any) and besides that it will display random movies with a high rating from IMDB.

Also changed the "nextup episodes" a bit. Normally it would display any episodes that are in progress or the first unwatched episode of in progress Tv shows. I coded it that it will also fill the list with first episodes of new tv shows.

This will be available in the next beta of the skin.
Nice.
(2015-07-07, 13:56)drhill Wrote: I like that. I would like a mixed mode too so I could emulate better what Plex does for Android TV.

In a vertical home screen top object would be a "Library" view where the widget would be all the options I have (Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows, Music, Workout, Home Videos). Second would be "On Deck" which would be the combination of "Next Up" episodes and "In Progress" Movies. Third object would be Recently added Movies and Episodes. I think the fourth object is a recommended row for movies and tv shows.

I think that's all there individually. The first row I can probably already do. But the next two rows would require combining existing widgets.

That is a good idea but would require a major skin change. What you mean is to have multiple widgets setup on the homescreen.
Currently this is possible with the "enhanced home" layout which allows for a second (spotlight) widget.
I will sure add this to the skin but for now I have a feature freeze for a couple of days in order to release another update to the stable/official repo.

So I will write this one down on my todo list to pickup when I released the update to the stable version.
Yes ultimately it would just be a mixed widget mode. I wouldn't want to cause a major change that would cause stability issues as although it is a nice feature is isn't a huge advantage in having it.
(2015-07-07, 16:04)drhill Wrote: Yes ultimately it would just be a mixed widget mode. I wouldn't want to cause a major change that would cause stability issues as although it is a nice feature is isn't a huge advantage in having it.

It doesn't cause stability issues, it's just that I have to modify the homescreen to support multiple rows of widgets. It's kind of a lot of work to do but I see some potential. I've added it to my todo list to look after some day.

As a quick fix I can create a new widget like "recommended media" which contains items from multiple sources. Like in progress movies, in progress episodes and in progress music and some recommended movies.

EDIT: I have added two alternative widget options:

IN PROGRESS MEDIA -->Shows media that is in progress: movies, episodes and music songs
RECOMMENDED MEDIA --> Same as in progress media but with additional recommended movies

These new widgets are available in the shortcuts edit screen to assign to your shortcuts.
Available in next beta
(2015-07-07, 15:54)marcelveldt Wrote: I changed the "recommended movies" option: I will now first display the in progress movies (if any) and besides that it will display random movies with a high rating from IMDB.

Also changed the "nextup episodes" a bit. Normally it would display any episodes that are in progress or the first unwatched episode of in progress Tv shows. I coded it that it will also fill the list with first episodes of new tv shows.

This will be available in the next beta of the skin.

Cheers Marcel, great work as always.
Hi,

The poster in video information is not in center (And I'm on full screen)
Look here: http://up415.siz.co.il/up3/oymjvqmhw2w1.png
(3.3.28)

Thanks.
(2015-07-07, 20:11)burekas Wrote: The poster in video information is not in center (And I'm on full screen)

Just fixed, available in next beta
(2015-07-05, 19:39)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-07-05, 18:06)burekas Wrote: Hi,

A little bug:

Sometimes the title is cut in the OSD.

See here:

http://up415.siz.co.il/up1/at5y3zodkn1m.png

That happens if you resize the window. If you keep the window the same size it won't happen
If I understand you meant that if I wasn't in Full Screen size, starting a video,
then switch it to Full Screen, the title will be cut?

Because it happens again, on window size the title is OK,
but when switching to full screen the title is cut a little. (This is not about the title length, even with a short title it happens
Even if I starting the video in Full Screen the title is cut when I still in Full Screen.
Hi Marcel,

Will there be any work toward getting the netflix style next up notification looking better with Titan?

Thanks for your time.
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan MediaBrowser skin14