• 17(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
I Wonder,,,,,,,,

Ok so here is my question, Right now my movie library is nice and pretty with all the lovely artwork and so on. Now I use the showcase view that has the 4 "extrathumbs" folder with ""thumb1.jpg/thumb2.jpg/thumb3.jpg/thumb4.jpg" for the images. But I also in my movie folder have the folder "extrafanart" for all the backgrounds for that movie. This means that in effect I have the same images twice in the same move folder. One set in "extrafanart" and the same set in "extrathumbs" as seen here.

The images inside the "extrafanart" is pulled/scraped by "Artwork Downloader" addon. Not too sure about the ones in "extrathumbs" as I do use Ember Media Manager to scrape my movie info before I put them in to Kodi so as to make use I get United Kingdom flags and ratings for age and so on.

Anyway. The "Showcase" view with the 4 images and the banner is my view of choice. But to get that to work, I must make sure I have the folder "extrathumbs" with "thumb1.jpg/thumb2.jpg/thumb3.jpg/thumb4.jpg" or the skin defaults back the a place holder image (the one that just says AEON).

Would it be possible to do away with "extrathumbs" altogether and just have that view use the images from "extrafanart" for the 4 images? (Hell if you can make them change/rotate in a random order over a time frame of as say 20 seconds or so, That would be epic, But lets not get ahead of ourselves lol.)

This would do my OCD a world of good as I then would not need to have the same set of images 2 times over.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Oddsodz
They aren't repeats. Thumbs are the pictures in the 4 boxes you have labeled Thumbs 1-4. I've asked if we could get rid of them altogether. Extrafanart is basically the exact same artwork as the thumbs except they are assigned to the huge background that is barely visible since all the foreground covers it. That background rotates the pictures by default. That's why I requested to remove the 4 static thumbs since it's kind of redundant. Now you are asking to rotate the artwork in the thumbs. Makes for an unsightly counterproductive view that's already counterproductive imo. I wish we could get rid of those things and just keep the text.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2015-07-08, 04:36)brazen1 Wrote: They aren't repeats. Thumbs are the pictures in the 4 boxes you have labeled Thumbs 1-4. I've asked if we could get rid of them altogether. Extrafanart is basically the exact same artwork as the thumbs except they are assigned to the huge background that is barely visible since all the foreground covers it. That background rotates the pictures by default. That's why I requested to remove the 4 static thumbs since it's kind of redundant. Now you are asking to rotate the artwork in the thumbs. Makes for an unsightly counterproductive view that's already counterproductive imo. I wish we could get rid of those things and just keep the text.

I am sorry to tell you, but they are repeats. "Ember Media Manager" and "Artwork Downloader" scrape/pull from the same websites. and so 99% end up with the same images (settings depending).

I myself love the fact that the background changes. And the idea for the thumbs to change rotate was just me thinking off the top of my head, Don't need it. Just an idea for somebody if they get board one day. But I would like to see them pulled for display from the "extrafanart" folder instead of "extrathumbs" folder. That way I can get rid of that folder and all images inside it. Would save me a good chuck of hard drive space too.

But anyway, Right now. Nothing is broke. So don't rush to this. But if you get board one day and feel like looking at something. You get the idea........
In the Kodiflix view I am getting no fanart for my moviesets, even with the ones with extrafanart1 set.
Kodiflix View

Showcase View
@Oddsodz, I'll look into it. I wont' remove extrathumbs as I know some people have actually modified the images in there to something other than what AD or whatever media manager pulls in, but I'll see if I can do something else maybe a fallback to extrafanart if extrathumbs don't exists.

@brazen, still looking into your infopanel request. Also If you go into viewtype settings >> Appearance setup >> and in the bottom right, the last option under 'infopanel options' you should see 'Extra Fanart'. if you activate this then the fanart image in the infopanel will change and rotate through the extrrafanart directory. This is for the infopanel in all views where it is displayed.

@isamu, strage, can you do me a screenshot of you 'choose art' for the moive set assignments so I can see exactly what artwork exists for your set?

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-07-08, 09:49)Mike_Doc Wrote: @isamu, strage, can you do me a screenshot of you 'choose art' for the moive set assignments so I can see exactly what artwork exists for your set?

Hope this helps
(2015-07-08, 11:22)isamu.dragon Wrote:
(2015-07-08, 09:49)Mike_Doc Wrote: @isamu, strage, can you do me a screenshot of you 'choose art' for the moive set assignments so I can see exactly what artwork exists for your set?

Hope this helps

hmmm ive checked it here, and it works for me... did u try to rescan your sets again with movieset automator ? maybe this help ?
or its maybe a cache problem - last try is to delete the texture.db to rescann all images ...

and i think u have retry to restart your device ? ( not only kodi )
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2015-07-08, 03:51)Oddsodz Wrote: I Wonder,,,,,,,,

Ok so here is my question, Right now my movie library is nice and pretty with all the lovely artwork and so on. Now I use the showcase view that has the 4 "extrathumbs" folder with ""thumb1.jpg/thumb2.jpg/thumb3.jpg/thumb4.jpg" for the images. But I also in my movie folder have the folder "extrafanart" for all the backgrounds for that movie. This means that in effect I have the same images twice in the same move folder. One set in "extrafanart" and the same set in "extrathumbs" as seen here.

The images inside the "extrafanart" is pulled/scraped by "Artwork Downloader" addon. Not too sure about the ones in "extrathumbs" as I do use Ember Media Manager to scrape my movie info before I put them in to Kodi so as to make use I get United Kingdom flags and ratings for age and so on.

Anyway. The "Showcase" view with the 4 images and the banner is my view of choice. But to get that to work, I must make sure I have the folder "extrathumbs" with "thumb1.jpg/thumb2.jpg/thumb3.jpg/thumb4.jpg" or the skin defaults back the a place holder image (the one that just says AEON).

Would it be possible to do away with "extrathumbs" altogether and just have that view use the images from "extrafanart" for the 4 images? (Hell if you can make them change/rotate in a random order over a time frame of as say 20 seconds or so, That would be epic, But lets not get ahead of ourselves lol.)

This would do my OCD a world of good as I then would not need to have the same set of images 2 times over.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Oddsodz

I use a program to scan and automatically extract thumbs directly from the movie (snapshots) to add to extrathumbs folder, it renames them and place it in the proper folder and they are directly from the movie.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
@brazen,

is this the type of thing you are looking for a "5th" option for Showcase infopanel?:

watch gallery

Mike.
yeah, i thought that too ... for my understanding it was this way:

EXTRAFANART: HD or FULL HD images ( 1920x1080 or maybe 1280x720 ) with "artistic" images for the movie ( maybe special photographs etc ) ... sometimes COOL scene images from the movies with some filters or so

EXTRATHUMBS: Scenes directly from the movie - not artistic, no filters - pure THUMBS in SMALLER resolution ! ( my moviethumbs are around 780x439)

well, thats what i had in the beginning, and what i thought its used to be...

BUT

it realy seems, that all the scraping pages uses now fanarts for thumbs and vice versa... i dont know if there are some rules or so for the "extrafolders" - fanart.tv for example doesnt have a special area for "extrathumbs" - they have normal "moviethumbs" - not hd images with the logo on it

so " i " think it could be realy a good idea, just to use the extrafanarts and get rid of the extrathumbs... i will speak with mike about that, and test it next days maybe if mike doesnt have it already Smile
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

(2015-07-08, 12:43)Mike_Doc Wrote: @brazen,

is this the type of thing you are looking for a "5th" option for Showcase infopanel?:

Mike.

this looks a bit... hmmm... weird ?

Hi Mike.

YES! That's exactly what I'm suggesting. The 1st pic without the dark green background. I know that background is to make the text easier to read but prefer without.

Also, you have coverflow enabled. Can it be done without coverflow? If all those very thin white outlines around the text placeholders could vanish, that would be cool too. Lastly, where is the adjustment for rotation speed of the large background fanart? It used to be

C:\Users\DAN\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.Aeon-Nox-4.1.9-master\1080i\defaults.xml
<timeperimage>7000</timeperimage>

but that changing that setting has no affect anymore and perhaps something else needs to be changed as well? Also the fade time which is a line just under this one.

schimi2k, call it weird but it's way less 'Busy' not displaying duplicates of the same artwork. Think about it.... rather, look at it. In the 'choose style' setting we have 4 choices using 'Showcase':

(1) Extrathumbs. This displays 2 static pictures on top of the same background pictures that rotate, only smaller. Makes no sense to see them twice.
(2) Fanarat. This displays 1 larger picture on top of the same background pictures that are rotating. Makes no sense to see them twice.
(3) Posters. This displays a duplicate poster of the poster. Makes no sense to see it twice.
(4) 4 Thumbs. This displays yet again dupes of the background. Makes no sense to see them twice.

All these choices just 'Block' what is in the background already. If we have a choice to remove the artwork in the foreground, keep the text, and control the speed of the rotating fanart in the background a bit faster, it could be weird in a good way. Just my opinion of course.

KodiFlix looks even better. You kept the text, got rid of the foreground artwork, and kept the larger background fanart. Perfect except for 1 thing: There is no functions for open cases or discart animations. So, it easier to add this stuff to KodiFlix or remove the other stuff from Showcase? Then I'm sure you would want the mods 'Switched' for on and off. I also realize you have no desire to mod KodiFlix because it would be too similar to Showcase. Completely understandable. This is your skin. You don't have to do anything remember. No expectations. Happy whatever you decide.

My idea of a really nice skin, different from all others, is to display as much info as possible while scanning library with no duplicate information ,icons simplifying some of the info, and a clean quick look overall because of size and placement. If I'm forced to go into the info screen to gain info when I'm trying to pick out something to watch, it's counterproductive and cumbersome. Showcase or KodiFlix is the closest at this time and almost perfect to my eyes. I really like KodiFlix because the text is on the left, creating more room for the fanart. Furthermore that fanart fades to the black background for the text. Looks really, really good. Please put opencase and discart animations to that view. BTW, thank you for adding cases. Looks great!
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
hehe BUTTON-MIKE will add an option anyway Wink so when u are happy, i am happy buddy Wink

Update, next planned update will be delayed a couple of days, but at the weekend at the very latest.

@Slipass, you like?

@brazen, Tongue

Mike.
WHERE IS MY PINK DISC Huh

• 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39