• 14(current)
Release Mimic 2.x for Isengard
Im running 2.20 from github. Will you add an option to disable the fancy zoom effect in the home menu? I dont remember it was there on previous versions.
(2015-07-09, 21:08)Fist Wrote: I did or at least I think I did. I thought maybe that's what's causing it. It only comes up once when I first start Kodi and open a plug-in or video.

Should I just wait until it's released?
I don't get any errors here, so only thing I can suggest is install the latest script.toolbox from github.
(2015-07-09, 21:11)lowfi Wrote: Im running 2.20 from github. Will you add an option to disable the fancy zoom effect in the home menu? I dont remember it was there on previous versions.
Yeah, that's new. Likely won't be a option, but I'll take another look at it.

Update: Try the latest commit on github. I kept the main menu animation while the menu is scrolling, but disabled it when moving to widgets or submenus. Is that better?
(2015-07-09, 22:26)braz Wrote:
(2015-07-09, 21:08)Fist Wrote: I did or at least I think I did. I thought maybe that's what's causing it. It only comes up once when I first start Kodi and open a plug-in or video.

I don't get any errors here, so only thing I can suggest is install the latest script.toolbox from github.

Tried that. No luck.

Disabling Mimic, uninstalling script.toolbox, and then re-enabling Mimic has done the trick though.

Thanks
(2015-07-10, 14:32)Fist Wrote:
(2015-07-09, 22:26)braz Wrote:

Tried that. No luck.

Disabling Mimic, uninstalling script.toolbox, and then re-enabling Mimic has done the trick though.

Thanks
Be aware that without script.toolbox you won't be able to import/export/reset skin settings.
Just pushed an update to github that adds an option in the sidebar for video InfoWall to display larger icons.

(2015-07-09, 22:27)braz Wrote:
(2015-07-09, 21:11)lowfi Wrote: Im running 2.20 from github. Will you add an option to disable the fancy zoom effect in the home menu? I dont remember it was there on previous versions.

Update: Try the latest commit on github. I kept the main menu animation while the menu is scrolling, but disabled it when moving to widgets or submenus. Is that better?
Its better although the whole skin feels more sluggish on a lowend atom right now. Especially on the home screen when switching from tvseries to movies. The widgets are being buildup/refreshed. This was instant on v2.1. To me personally i can do without these effects. I dont know on what kind of system you are testing the skin?
(2015-07-11, 16:56)lowfi Wrote:
(2015-07-09, 22:27)braz Wrote:

Its better although the whole skin feels more sluggish on a lowend atom right now. To me personally i can do without these effects. I dont know on what kind of system you are testing the skin?
I was wondering how the latest version would do on low powered systems. I primarily use an Intel i3 htpc. If it remains sluggish on low powered systems, might be best to stay on the previous version.

https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.mimi...tag/v2.1.1

You can change the version number in addon.xml to something big, like 99.9.9, so that it doesn't auto update to the latest version.

Hmm, just saw your update regarding widgets. I fixed the widget backgrounds so they just use the main menu background rather than use their own. Not sure why that would have much of an impact on performance. I also changed the widgets themselves so they just fade in and no longer slide in from the bottom. I would expect this to result in better performance, but maybe not.
Moved the option to choose the basic weather view to the weather sidebar.
Added extra fanart support to the InfoWall, Banner Info, and Showcase views. Requires script.toolbox.

Hi bryan, I'm using your latest Git push ... I'm not sure if its addon related (using PleXBMC), but I've noticed some issues with the cutsom widget icon selection...

1.) I cannot select select 'square' at all - when selected it doesn't stick

2.) I can select Landscape and it does stick - but won't actually display the Landscape art within the widget (I'm fairly sure this was working previously)

ps. I love the new Menu focus, it slides across effortlessly
(2015-07-12, 22:41)stueeey Wrote: Hi bryan, I'm using your latest Git push ... I'm not sure if its addon related (using PleXBMC), but I've noticed some issues with the cutsom widget icon selection...

2.) I can select Landscape and it does stick - but won't actually display the Landscape art within the widget (I'm fairly sure this was working previously)

The issue isn't specific to PleXBMC, I was able to reproduce it with all of my video widgets. It was working before, I have an idea what the issue is. Not sure why Landscape didn't work though, it displays the landscape icons for all the video addons I tried. Thanks for reporting this!
(2015-07-12, 23:02)braz Wrote:
(2015-07-12, 22:41)stueeey Wrote: Hi bryan, I'm using your latest Git push ... I'm not sure if its addon related (using PleXBMC), but I've noticed some issues with the cutsom widget icon selection...

The issue isn't specific to PleXBMC, I was able to reproduce it with all of my video widgets. It was working before, I have an idea what the issue is. Not sure why Landscape didn't work though, it displays the landscape icons for all the video addons I tried. Thanks for reporting this!

no worries... been meaning to say, thanks for introducing the widgets from favourites, the posters at least is working real nice, thanks :-)

small feature request, if I may be so bold... when using the 'Top Menu Home Layout' there are 4main menus available at anytime, I like to hide the clock info (personal thing, I just don't find it that relevant)... with the clock hidden the space at the top right where the clock was located is crying out for an additional menu title... any chance of having 5 menu's as the top? (to fill that 5th space)
(2015-07-12, 23:18)stueeey Wrote:
(2015-07-12, 23:02)braz Wrote:

no worries... been meaning to say, thanks for introducing the widgets from favourites, the posters at least is working real nice, thanks :-)

small feature request, if I may be so bold... when using the 'Top Menu Home Layout' there are 4main menus available at anytime, I like to hide the clock info (personal thing, I just don't find it that relevant)... with the clock hidden the space at the top right where the clock was located is crying out for an additional menu title... any chance of having 5 menu's as the top? (to fill that 5th space)
Just pushed an update that fixes the square icons for custom widgets on my system. Let me know if it still doesn't work for you.

Will look into adding an extra main menu item for the alternative home layouts when the clock is hidden.
(2015-07-12, 23:29)braz Wrote:
(2015-07-12, 23:18)stueeey Wrote:
(2015-07-12, 23:02)braz Wrote: The issue isn't specific to PleXBMC, I was able to reproduce it with all of my video widgets. It was working before, I have an idea what the issue is. Not sure why Landscape didn't work though, it displays the landscape icons for all the video addons I tried. Thanks for reporting this!

Just pushed an update that fixes the square icons for custom widgets on my system. Let me know if it still doesn't work for you.

Will look into adding an extra main menu item for the alternative home layouts when the clock is hidden.

Glad to report the square icon widget is now working, thank you!

should it be important... I could not edit an existing widget I had already created as a poster. I had to create a new widget and then apply it to my section. ie. existing poster widgets remain as poster widgets even when changed to square or landscape. (have to start fresh)
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 2.x for Isengard3