• 66(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
My NetfliXBMC is running and I can log in fine, view the titles even view the movie/tv info meta data etc. but I am unable to watch anything as it keeps giving me the error "Chrome not found" although I have the launcher installed? I checked the path and it leads to the chrome browser add on installed with Netflixbmc

I am running Openelec 4.95.2 on an intel NUC Celeron

Thank you for any help yopu can give
OpenELEC doesn't support Chrome. You can view the titles and the Add-on will operate perfectly fine up to that point only but when it's time to WATCH movies, it needs to open a Chrome browser and OpenELEC doesn't support this.
But it will run on chromium and chromium will do netflix if you add the widevine libraries.

http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7664...mitstart=0
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you so much for all the help and info it is appreciated.
No facebook support? I dont see any way to log in. I dont have a "netflix" username / password.

Edit: reset my password and now I can login using netflix login...
Great to see the plugin still alive ... considered it already dead after netflix broke it last time ...

I just tried to get it working again, but still have a Problem with the lists. The genre List and also myList stay empty. I already tried the suggestions I could find in the Forum like update to the lates netflixbmc Version 1.3.22, tried to manually delete the Folders and reinstall it an tried to Switch of the test-user Option ... still no luck and also no indication of an error in the log files (as far as I can tell) ... any ideas? I would really like to get it up again.

Code:
22:02:32 T:4176   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=listGenres&thumb&type=movie&url=WiGenre)
22:02:32 T:4176   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/?mode=main&thumb&type=movie&url]
22:02:32 T:5488   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin NetfliXBMC('plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/','3','?mode=listGenres&thumb&type=movie&url=WiGenre')
22:02:32 T:5488   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the NetfliXBMC (id=7) plugin...
22:02:32 T:4128  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
22:02:32 T:4128    INFO: initializing python engine.
22:02:32 T:4128   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): start processing
22:02:32 T:4128  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
22:02:32 T:4128   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py"
22:02:32 T:4128   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc;C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
22:02:32 T:4128   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): entering source directory C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc
22:02:32 T:4128   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.netflixbmc" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
22:02:33 T:4128  NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/WiHome
22:02:33 T:4176   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
22:02:35 T:5488   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned successfully
22:02:35 T:4128    INFO: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflixbmc\default.py): script successfully run
22:02:35 T:3076  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
22:02:35 T:3076   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 3076 terminating
22:02:35 T:4128    INFO: Python script stopped
22:02:35 T:4128   DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 4128 terminating

Thanks already in advance for your help!
My lists worked after a reset.
Good afternoon people, I'm new to all this kodi stuff so please bear it with me... I'm building a raspberry pi media center, and I want to be able to use netflix, now, as I understand, the plug in doesn't work alone, I need a web browser to be able to play the content, and as far as I've read there are some of you guys running chromium builds on openELEC and being able to use netflix without using playON. Now the real question... can someone be kind enough to explain me how to set up chromium on openELEC and set up the netflixbmc? I really tried to understand the posts but some of them have code that I don't understand and well, now I'm confused.
thanks
(2015-07-18, 19:39)twhite Wrote: Good afternoon people, I'm new to all this kodi stuff so please bear it with me... I'm building a raspberry pi media center, and I want to be able to use netflix, now, as I understand, the plug in doesn't work alone, I need a web browser to be able to play the content, and as far as I've read there are some of you guys running chromium builds on openELEC and being able to use netflix without using playON. Now the real question... can someone be kind enough to explain me how to set up chromium on openELEC and set up the netflixbmc? I really tried to understand the posts but some of them have code that I don't understand and well, now I'm confused.
thanks

afaik the adapted chromium with widevine to play drm encrypted content doesnt work on arm devices like raspberry.
(2015-07-17, 22:31)Soli Wrote: My lists worked after a reset.

thanks for pointing out the obvious ... same worked for me ... Big Grin
(2015-07-09, 04:41)Soli Wrote: I've mapped one of my PS3 BD remote buttons to ESC, and by default Netflixbmc' remote plugin for Chrome has this to exit the browser (the equivalent of alt-f4). This no longer works, also "enter" seems to pause/play instead of reload. I'm guessing this might be because of a Chrome update? Can anyone confirm? (You can use the ESC key on your keyboard to confirm)

Well, since I couldn't pinpoint if Chrome is to blame or not, I instead went ahead and mapped my ejectbutton on my PS3 remote to send alt+ f4. This works fine. everything pretty much works without any remote addons since I've mapped the most important buttons as pause and enter as actual keypresses on the ps3 remote.

Still, could anybody confirm that the chrome remote does not work anymore? I do miss the option of reloading, although I guess I could just map a button to F5.. which just came to me this very moment..so actually it's not that important anymore.
Hi

Question

Does either if Netflix or HBO addon work with openelec?
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
Netflix does on x86. You need the chromium addon, and to add widevine to it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-07-19, 12:03)nickr Wrote: Netflix does on x86. You need the chromium addon, and to add widevine to it.

Thanks

I have a asus s1-at5nm10e and from what I can see it comes just in x86?! So I will try this.
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
Hi,

I cannot get this plugin to work, i can browse through the library, but nothing will play, i do not get an error visibly in kodi that i can see, just nothing happens when i try and play something.

If anyone can see something in my logs that will help me get this working?

http://paste.ubuntu.com/11903233/
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217