• 34(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2015-07-18, 00:40)dmdsoftware Wrote: You can extract STRM files that load your content from the plugin, and these can be imported into the KODI library.

I'm still working on adding support to catalog media directly in the plugin.

Okey thx man, I prefer whait that version. Is one of the most important points I think
Great plug in by the way! I was hoping for a little guidance with the encfs portion of the plug in. It seems that the plug in will scan the directory's on gdrive for files and then create a folder structure in the encrypted directory assigned to encfs which should then decrypt the files with in to the mount point and files can be written while playing so as to decrypt them, this is correct right? I find that folders get created and for some reason on files in the root directory get decrypted where as sub directory folders and their files don't get read and decrypted. Any advice on how to configure this would be much appreciated. Thank you.
(2015-07-17, 21:27)romangt Wrote: Hi!

In first place congratulations for your add-on and apologyse my english hehe.

I want to add scrapers in your gdrive add-on for organize my movies and tv shows much better. It is possible? how?

(2015-07-26, 18:26)Chuntzu Wrote: Great plug in by the way! I was hoping for a little guidance with the encfs portion of the plug in. It seems that the plug in will scan the directory's on gdrive for files and then create a folder structure in the encrypted directory assigned to encfs which should then decrypt the files with in to the mount point and files can be written while playing so as to decrypt them, this is correct right? I find that folders get created and for some reason on files in the root directory get decrypted where as sub directory folders and their files don't get read and decrypted. Any advice on how to configure this would be much appreciated. Thank you.

The encfs support was requested by some users, but other than my own testing, I haven't received any feedback on it.

I still have some ideas and adjustments in mind for it.

I think you have a good understanding already of how it works -- the source directory would be where the encrypted files go in and the target would be the decrypted output. It supports encrypted filenames.

I rely on inode information to map decrypted files with their encrypted files. This would mean linux local filesystems have no issues. For remote filesystems (samba, etc), the inode information isn't correct, so the mapping is lost. I fallback to timestamp and filesizes.

Which platform are you using? Are you using a local filesystem? And, are you using encrypted filenames? I wouldn't mind someone else testing.

I'll retest subfolders. I changed how the folders are accessed in the last few releases, and it may have broken decrypting subfolders.
Currently testing on windows and helixwith local file system with encrypted names. I have the ability to setup and test on openelec and Ubuntu as well. Part of me thinks I may be struggling still with properly configuring the set up. Gdrive works great with in encrypted files. When I am running my test I encrypt a trailer the upload to gdrive then pop into the plug in go to the folder I just created go to the decrypt folder but nothing shows up. For some reason I thought I just go in there and the decrypted file name would show and only when I press play would the file start to decrypt on the fly and play.
Just pulled this from my logs.

First,

XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Users\Administrator\Encrypted Files\\usJbFv7WgQTSLUhIDPBzXRsXjGMtYNOAFPqWTDLeD,81U0

XFILE::CDirectory::Remove - Error removing D:\\Encrypted Files Test 1

Also this,

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'file'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.gdrive\default.py", line 1345, in <module>
(mediaURLs,package) = service.getPlaybackCall(package=package.package(mediaFile,mediaFolder))
File "\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.gdrive\resources\lib\gdrive_api2.py", line 1154, in getPlaybackCall
if package.file.type == self.MEDIA_TYPE_MUSIC:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'file'
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2015-07-27, 15:28)Chuntzu Wrote: Just pulled this from my logs.

First,

XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Users\Administrator\Encrypted Files\\usJbFv7WgQTSLUhIDPBzXRsXjGMtYNOAFPqWTDLeD,81U0

XFILE::CDirectory::Remove - Error removing D:\\Encrypted Files Test 1

Also this,

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'file'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.gdrive\default.py", line 1345, in <module>
(mediaURLs,package) = service.getPlaybackCall(package=package.package(mediaFile,mediaFolder))
File "\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.gdrive\resources\lib\gdrive_api2.py", line 1154, in getPlaybackCall
if package.file.type == self.MEDIA_TYPE_MUSIC:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'file'
-->End of Python script error report<--

I'll investigate today and see if I can reproduce this.

I have another encryption module I created that I have included in the plugin, but it is disabled -- only was testing it to see the feasibility of it. It decrypts bytes on-the-fly (so no caching required, etc), but it was not using something standard like encfs, so it required the user encrypt the file locally using python scripts, then upload to their google drive. I found encfs is more standard, and something I've been using for many years with Dropbox. It doesn't support decrypting bytes on-the-fly.
That sounds very similar to what I am doing with encfs, since I don't want to sync a local and a remote copy, just want to encrypt upload and delete locally and stream from the online storage. Am I able to do this with encfs or do I need to maintain some sort of specific directory structure locally in the mount points and not relocate those files elsewhere? Sorry not sure how to explain my question. Ideally i would mirror this to one or more other seperate cloud storage providers, but one step at a time I suppose :-). Thank you again for your time and hard work!
(2015-07-28, 04:42)Chuntzu Wrote: That sounds very similar to what I am doing with encfs, since I don't want to sync a local and a remote copy, just want to encrypt upload and delete locally and stream from the online storage. Am I able to do this with encfs or do I need to maintain some sort of specific directory structure locally in the mount points and not relocate those files elsewhere? Sorry not sure how to explain my question. Ideally i would mirror this to one or more other seperate cloud storage providers, but one step at a time I suppose :-). Thank you again for your time and hard work!

The encfs support in the plugin essentially passes the decryption over to encfs. So you need to have that configured, hence the target and source paths you provide, and indication if it is local or remote. It doesn't stream the bytes, caches in the encfs storage area, whether that is local or remote.

Like I mentioned before, I also played with providing my own encryption module in the plugin (where you provide the seed and decryption password), I didn't like the idea of having an encryption that didn't allow people to use other encryption tools to get the data into the cloud in the encrypted form.

I'm going to try to post a video demonstration. I'm still tweaking at the encryption options.
I would really like the video demo when you get a chance. Further testing with encfs yesterday I have a better handle on it, but none of the files will just play through the decrypted function I have to go copy to encfs and back out to the main menu head over to decrypted folder option and then play the downloaded file from there. Does that seem correct? Is that how the encfs function is supposed to work within the plugin? Thank you
(2015-07-29, 15:38)Chuntzu Wrote: I would really like the video demo when you get a chance. Further testing with encfs yesterday I have a better handle on it, but none of the files will just play through the decrypted function I have to go copy to encfs and back out to the main menu head over to decrypted folder option and then play the downloaded file from there. Does that seem correct? Is that how the encfs function is supposed to work within the plugin? Thank you

When I was putting together demo files for a video filming, I ran into an issue.

My encfs configuration I have been using for years does seem to care if you move around an encrypted file to another folder. For example, if I have a file called fileA.mp4, if the encrypted form filename is J482jlfj2hl4021, it would be the same encrypted named regardless of what subdirectory/folder it is in. My plugin creates local folders using the ID name of the folder instead of the actual name (so it is unique as you can have folders name the same in Google Drive). So in a nutshell, my encfs doesn't factor in the full path when it creates the filename for an encrypted file.

When I created a new vanilla encryption for the video, I noticed that this configuration cares about the path. Meaning if I move the fileA.mp4 to a different folder, the encrypted name changes. So, again, in a nutshell, I completely understand now why it isn't working for you.

I need to make some changes to make this work for everyone.

Working on it.

edit: the term is called "Filename Initialization Vector Chaining"
Hi

I was able to play my test song on two of my machines, when I try to play it on a third device, I got an error saying one or more item fail to play. I copy the file settings.xml on all my machine in the correct folders.

Why I got this error?

Thanks,
(2015-08-01, 00:51)guillaumesoucy Wrote: Hi

I was able to play my test song on two of my machines, when I try to play it on a third device, I got an error saying one or more item fail to play. I copy the file settings.xml on all my machine in the correct folders.

Why I got this error?

Thanks,

Does the cache folder exist on the third device?
(2015-08-01, 03:40)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Why I got this error?

Thanks,

Finally the two first devices stop played the test song and I get the same error than the third machine. Also I have no issue browsing Google Drive folders.
(2015-08-01, 04:00)guillaumesoucy Wrote:
(2015-08-01, 03:40)dmdsoftware Wrote:

Why I got this error?

Thanks,

Finally the two first devices stop played the test song and I get the same error than the third machine.

The copy of the settings.xml, does it contain values for the refresh and access token? Did you take a copy of the file before activating the account on the first device?
(2015-08-01, 04:04)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-08-01, 04:00)guillaumesoucy Wrote:
(2015-08-01, 03:40)dmdsoftware Wrote: Does the cache folder exist on the third device?

Finally the two first devices stop played the test song and I get the same error than the third machine.

The copy of the settings.xml, does it contain values for the refresh and access token? Did you take a copy of the file before activating the account on the first device?

No, I take a copy of the file after the account was activated. I was no issue to transfert it to segond machine but that fail at the third, please note the third machine was not on the same public IP address.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12