Can I chose to do a limited library update?
I've got a large network of HTPC's, serving media from my NAS. I get good transfer rates throughout my network, but my individual HTPC's are fairly low powered. This is not a problem for playing media or using the Kodi interface (everything is at least a dual core at 2.5ghz) but my media library has become... Enormous.

I automate background library updates, which works great, but occassionally a new item is added to the server that my wife wants to play immediately. She's not really up to browsing the file system to find what she wants, so she just updates the library.

This has worked well in the past, but these days the library update process is taking a really long time. Is there a way I can just update TV shows, or just update Movies, or even just update a specific TV show rather than the entire video library?
(2015-08-20, 04:55)Wintersdark Wrote: This has worked well in the past, but these days the library update process is taking a really long time. Is there a way I can just update TV shows, or just update Movies, or even just update a specific TV show rather than the entire video library?

You can go to Video > Files and open the context menu on your source (Movies, TV Shows etc.) then select "Scan for new content" which should be faster than "Update library".

Or you can use JSON to rescan specific directories, which you might want to consider adding to your automation as it shouldn't be necessary to perform a full scan all of the time.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can I chose to do a limited library update?0