• 153(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-08-24, 16:48)extremeaudio Wrote: How do I install 5.1.7? The add on is not updating on its own. I tried installing manually but says add on does not have correct structure.

Via my repo it's compatible with Gotham, but be aware of some addons won't work properly, because most addons expect version 4.X of YouTube with Gotham. So to avoid more complex problems...you should really consider to upgrade at least to Helix. This won't get better Wink

Check if you've disabled the auto update. I'm pretty sure that the update should go for 5.1.8 via my repo.
No, it's not auto updating. Auto update is on. That's what is confusing me.

I can't upgrade to Helix because my skin is Ace. Sad
Hi Guys,

Quick question, I am using Kodibuntu 14, i had to reinstall as my hdd crashed, i reinstalled. I want to add the youtube addon but its not in the Addon list as it was in the last one. How can i install it manually. I have searched for the zip file but can't find anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys
(2015-08-24, 20:13)BjornB Wrote: Hi Guys,

Quick question, I am using Kodibuntu 14, i had to reinstall as my hdd crashed, i reinstalled. I want to add the youtube addon but its not in the Addon list as it was in the last one. How can i install it manually. I have searched for the zip file but can't find anything.

Thanks guys

Use the official repository of KODI...starting with Helix you'll have this addon in the list.
(2015-08-23, 18:50)bromix Wrote:
(2015-08-23, 12:43)cheztaz Wrote: Hello there,

Am very new to Kodi but trying to find my way around it all. I have a ATV1 with Isengard on it.
I have installed the Youtube plugin which I did without an issue, and it has added my playlists ok.

The only issue I have is when trying to play the playlist, I have to play each video separately, and have no idea how to play the whole playlist one after the other.

Any assistance appreciated, as finding it frustrating having to use the apple remote to scroll down and play the next item :-(

Kind regards
Cheryl

Call the Context-Menu (directly in or on the playlist) and select play/play all.

LaughLaughThank you so much, I have found it. you are an Angel x
(2015-08-23, 20:03)terxw Wrote: Ok here is debug log as per instructions:

http://pastebin.com/uzTs8zcF

To clarify things, I cannot play any video.
But I observe different behaviours in differrent submenus of the plugin.
In My subscriptions - it doesnt matter how many times i launch the video, I dont get any response from the interface, seldom after 20 or so tries on the same video I get error window popup.
On the other hand In popular videos I get popup windows with text "opening stream" and then error window titled "playback failed" and the error is: "one or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details"

I don't tested the popular video thing but it's the same for me with my subscription but seem nobody care...
HTPC - Nvidia Shield TV
Desktop - Homemade : 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K @ 3.90GHz | 32GB | AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT | SSD 500Go + 750Go + HDD 500Go | --W10--
NAS - Synology DS414 : [2*8To WD Red Plus (Raid 1)] + [2*6To WD Red (Raid 1)]
KODI 19.3
(2015-08-24, 20:16)bromix Wrote:

Thanks guys

Use the official repository of KODI...starting with Helix you'll have this addon in the list.

That is whats so strange its not in the list at all.
I have searched many times and restarted, run a manual update of the the add ons, nothing. thats why i'm so confused
Can anyone think Of how I could solve my problem?? Should I try removing youtube and doing a fresh install?

EDIT: Ok, so another build of mine auto updated to the latest version and thats working just fine, so it means the issue is with the auto update system and not anything else.

Thanks bromix for all the help. If someone could perhaps point towards how to solve my auto update issue, I would be very grateful. In the add-ons settings, I have turned auto update on.
(2015-08-24, 22:00)BjornB Wrote:

Thanks guys

I have searched many times and restarted, run a manual update of the the add ons, nothing. thats why i'm so confused

Bromix, any idea why it would not show up in the repository by default?
any idea how i can force it to show up? i have run an update but its not picking anything up

Thanks so much!
Okay, I must be missing something here. How do you log in to YouTube from the Kodi addon, or can you?
I'm running Isengard 15.1 on a Raspberry pi 2 using openelec 5.95.4

Every time I try to login it says that I have to log in twice and directs me to log in to YouTube and enter a code ... I just keep getting an endless list of codes one after another.

Anyone??
it logs me in and now instead of complaining about the api calls but, i can see my subscriptions or history or watch list.
In 5.1.8 on Android Videos for me started to drop at random points and exit. In the infobox you would see the cache deplete and not being refilled.

This happened on several videos, while not being logged in - and was not a connection issue.

I had to roll back to 5.1.6 (5.1.7 was not in my database), which fixed the issue.

Please test your builds more thorough in the future, before rolling them out.
(2015-08-24, 21:04)Levi59 Wrote:
(2015-08-23, 20:03)terxw Wrote: Ok here is debug log as per instructions:

http://pastebin.com/uzTs8zcF

To clarify things, I cannot play any video.
But I observe different behaviours in differrent submenus of the plugin.
In My subscriptions - it doesnt matter how many times i launch the video, I dont get any response from the interface, seldom after 20 or so tries on the same video I get error window popup.
On the other hand In popular videos I get popup windows with text "opening stream" and then error window titled "playback failed" and the error is: "one or more items failed to play. Check the log file for details"

I don't tested the popular video thing but it's the same for me with my subscription but seem nobody care...

I already answered that case you're quoted. It's an old version of KODI, he has to update.
(2015-08-24, 22:00)BjornB Wrote:

Thanks guys

Can you provide an complete Debug log (wiki) after you tries to update the repository. Normally you should see the update via the official Helix (KODI 14.X) repository.
(2015-08-25, 23:11)Randal039 Wrote: Okay, I must be missing something here. How do you log in to YouTube from the Kodi addon, or can you?
I'm running Isengard 15.1 on a Raspberry pi 2 using openelec 5.95.4

Every time I try to login it says that I have to log in twice and directs me to log in to YouTube and enter a code ... I just keep getting an endless list of codes one after another.

Anyone??

You have to keep KODI running. Enter the first code...KODI will show you a new (second) code, switch back to your browser and enter the second code.
  • 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20