• 60(current)
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi
It might be because lubuntu is a 'fuller' desktop... Stab in the dark here, but try changing the permissions on all joysticks:

Create /etc/udev/rules.d/90-joystick-perms.rules with this line:

ENV{ID_INPUT_JOYSTICK}=="1", MODE="0660", GROUP="joystick"

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/dis...957573805/
Hmm. I created a similar udev rule with no effect. I'll try this one and report back. Thanks!
Does it work in the lxde/lubuntu session in kodibuntu (I don't remember what's its called exactly).
If it does use that instead of openbox, if can most likely be setup to be very close to openbox.
Works perfectly in Lubuntu as expected (without udev rules) - logging out now into Openbox to try your fix. It seems Openbox has a million of these little teething issues.

Edit: Definitely on the right track. Setting it to 0660 prevents Steam from even receiving the input when in the mapping screen, however left analogue stick still works for browing and selecting (stick click).

Changing to 0777 now just for testing...

Edit #2: Strangely, even less reaction in the mapping screen now. Odd. Any tips?
hey guys trying to get this working on a nuc and i keep getting stuck at installing wmctrl with

error while processing nvidia-304

im useing a nuc dn2820fyk

i have reinstalled from scratch twice and get the same error

any tips?
Homeskool Try

sudo apt-get -f install

Though its very strange that the nvidia drivers are being installed on a NUC - it isn’t a dependency of wmctrl... you can just remove it.

Expat: try adding the user you login with to the 'joystick' group... though its strange, I think that with 0777 permissions it shouldn’t matter if you’re in the joystick group or not

Also see if you spot anything relation to the issue it the steam console output: At line 82 in ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.steam.launcher/scripts/steam-launch.sh change

"$1" -bigpicture &

to

"$1" -bigpicture > /tmp/steam1234.log &

This will only capture the output when the addon is run with out steam already running (ie in desktop mode) to /tmp/steam1234.log, Might shed some light on the issue
hey i have tried removing them but i get the same error

i have tried

sudo apt-get -f install

sudo apt-get --purge nividia-*

i have allso tried installing new nvidia drivers but get the same error
Sorry for digging up some old cr*p, but does anybody with intel hardware have hardware decoding working at the moment? I've tried all the tips in this thread and guides on the internet I could find, but I can't get it to work.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Try this

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestr...1411318801
Hi I'm a KODIbuntu v14 user and I followed the page 44 guide, which has worked perfectly except for one thing: when I start my computer Kodi launches twice. I can switch from one to the other with ALT+TAB and kill one by doing ALT+F4, but I'd like to prevent this from happening for good.

Any clues ?
Check ~/.config/openbox/autostart.sh for multiple kodi entries
Content of my autostart.sh :

Code:
export DISPLAY=:0
xsetroot -solid black &
/usr/bin/kodi &
xsetroot -solid black &
/usr/bin/kodi &

I guess it should look like this instead Wink

Code:
xsetroot -solid black &
/usr/bin/kodi &
(2015-09-15, 09:12)teeedubb Wrote: Try this

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestr...1411318801

Tried it Sad

Was suggested in this thread too:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=187922

Also tried the symlinks (my files are .3800), but that also didn't make a difference.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Problem fixed, thank you teeedubb for your quick answer !
Not sure what else you could try..vaapi wasnt setup at all on my laptop and after installing the drivers and 386 libs, it was working in kodi and then running that command (with no symlinks) got it working in steam.

I read there's a issue with newer versions of libva and steam, have you tried downgrading that? Also what does the console output from steam say?
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Steam Launcher - Start Steam Big Picture Mode from within Kodi7