This add-on will close/minimise/not minimise Kodi, launch Steam in Big Picture Mode and when Steam BPM is exited (either by quitting/minimising Steam or returning to the desktop) Kodi will restart/maximise. It works with Windows, Linux (SteamOS included), Android and OSX (With OSX Kodi will only restart after quitting steam completely). Running pre/post Steam scripts can be configured via the addon. A nice bonus is Steam also comes with a full featured web browser that can be controlled with a game pad or remote and plays back flash content.
- Quit Kodi: Options are Yes, No and Ask.
- Minimise Kodi: Select whether or not to minimise Kodi and not quitting Kodi.
- Set the paths for both Kodi and Steam.
- Run commands pre/post Steam. The addon will wait for the commands to finish before continuing, running the scripts in the background can be accomplished at the operating system level.
- Delete and update add-on system scripts on next run - delete the system scripts out of the profile://addon_data directory and copy them from the addon install directory the next time the addon is run. This is handy if you want to go back to the default scripts or if the bundled scripts have been updated. This setting is set to disabled (to default) when run once.
- Configurable timeout for the "Busy Dialog" after running addon. Set to 0 to disable.
- Run Kodi in portable mode (as far as I can tell OSX/Android don't support portable mode and on OSX enabling this will cause Kodi not to restart).
- Suspend Kodi's audio before running Steam. If the addon is configured to not quit Kodi audio will be resumed after Steam BPM has been exited.
- Toggle script update notification.
- Toggle program file location checks for Steam and Kodi.
- Toggle check for the program 'wmctrl' (Linux only): Checks for the program wmctrl and whether a window manager is running, which is required in most scenarios, eg it is not required when using SteamOS with Kodi in its own session. Only disable this option if you are sure you don't need wmctrl or a window manager.
- Custom path for scripts: Set a custom directory (instead of Kodi's userdata folder) for the addon to house its scripts. The addon will copy the scripts to this folder when if they do no exist
The scripts used by this addon can be customised to suit your needs, they reside in the kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.steam.launcher/scripts folder. They are copied into that directory from the addon install directory on first run and can be set to not be over written with updates. In either SteamLauncher-AHK.ahk or steam-launch.sh the line steam.launcher.script.revision=001 is what the addon reads to determine if the scripts are up to date, set it to 999 for custom scripts the you don't want overwritten.
In the vast majority of use cases Linux users need a window manager running (openbox, unity, kde etc) and the program 'wmctrl' installed.
If you have a problem with the addon, post your Kodi debug log (wiki)] and the output of the command in the log file after the entry script.steam.launcher: attempting to launch: when run via a command prompt.
Steam, Linux and Lirc.
Speeding up Steam and installing on a SSD.
SteamOS + Ubuntu
Steam Launcher with KODIbuntu 14.
Steam Launcher with XBMCbuntu 13.
Kodi and SteamOS
If Steam BPM is losing focus on start up in Windows
Windows Store Kodi and Steam Launcher
DOWNLOAD (Only compatible with Kodi v14+)
Addon installation instructions can be found here. For automatic updates you can install my repo. Code can be found on GitHub.
Version 3+ is only compatible with Kodi 14 - Helix, for XBMC Gotham and Frodo the latest compatible release is v2.2.0 here.. Frodo users - while v2.X.X works with XBMC12, the method the add-on uses to give on screen error notifications is not compatible. Apart from the pre/post Steam scripts not found notification, every other time there is a error notification the add-on exits anyway.
If you like this addon you can help support my Steam addiction