• 74(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
Hi, I'm finding on the latest nightly when using the PVR backend for dvblogic, when Kodi starts up it goes through each of the channels until it gets to the last one and it hangs saying "loading guide from database".
I didn't see this issue with the 16 alpha 2 release or the 15 releases. I needed the latest nightly for the longpress context menu which doesn't seem to be in the 16 alpha 2 release.
any ideas?
(2015-09-30, 12:06)ashleyw Wrote: Hi, I'm finding on the latest nightly when using the PVR backend for dvblogic, when Kodi starts up it goes through each of the channels until it gets to the last one and it hangs saying "loading guide from database".
I didn't see this issue with the 16 alpha 2 release or the 15 releases. I needed the latest nightly for the longpress context menu which doesn't seem to be in the 16 alpha 2 release.
any ideas?

report such stuff in PVR section as those guys don't look here
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
thanks - will do. Oberon@dvblogic have said they need to refresh the apis to match 16 but they'll only do that once v16 hits beta so I'll hang 10 on this.

On another note, with audio passthrough set to enabled I'm finding that switching between a TV channel with dolby and one without seems to randomly break the pass through and push out whitenoise through the audio - the only solution which seems to prevent this is to disable passthrough audio. (I'm running an Onkyo NR515 AVR and the shield is plugged into the HDMI 3 (which is supposed to fully support the shield). Any ideas on this?
what ver of kodi has everyone had the best luck with on there shield?
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9677/nvidi...redentials

Firmware 2.0 Highlights:
- 23.976 Hz
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio pass-through
- MPEG2, VC-1, and WMV9

EDIT: And apparently they are launching it in Europe, although it is a mess right now as I am getting french and german text on UK pages.
A question to the owners, How loud Shield is?
http://nvidiashieldzone.com/index.php/sh...v-ota-2-0/

Shield Android TV OTA 2.0

Advanced Media Playback

Supports hardware acceleration of all the popular video formats including H.264, H.265, VC-1,MPEG-2, WMV9, and VP9
Supports native playback of video content encoded at 23.976 Hz and 50 Hz (in Europe) for true movie quality viewing experience. Also supports video content encoded at 24 Hz, 25 Hz, 30 Hz,and 59.94 Hz
Supports AC3, EAC3, Dolby 5.1, Dolby 7.1, DTS-HD, DTS-HD MA, and Dolby TrueHD pass through for an immersive home theater experience with your home theater receiver and
surround speakers.
Supports high resolution 24-bit 192 kHz audio over HDMI and USB for superior audio quality.
Supports USB-S/PDIF dongles and enables users to connect SHIELD to older sound bars and audio receivers.
Works flawlessly with media streaming apps such as PLEX and Kodi (XBMC)

HDMI-CEC Control

SHIELD supports advanced HDMI-CEC features that further enhance your home theater experience.

HDMI-CEC Volume control sets SHIELD’s volume to the max level and enables you to control audio volume using your TV or receiver’s remotes.
HDMI-CEC also enables you to use your TV’s or audio receiver’s remote to navigate through some of the Android TV’s user interface.
HDMI-CEC’s “One Touch Play” feature enables your SHIELD to automatically turn on your audio receiver and television when you wake up your SHIELD from sleep.
HDMI-CEC “One Touch Play” can be enabled by going to “Settings -> HDMI -> HDMI CEC One Touch Play”
HDMI-CEC volume control can be enabled by going to “Settings -> System-> HDMI-CEC Volume control”

TV Overscan Correction

Older TVs typically exhibit overscan issues that cause part of the picture to be cropped along the edges of the display. While some TVs offer overscan correction within their picture adjustment options, others may not have this option.
To help users fix overscan issues on older TV sets, SHIELD includes an overscan correction tool that enables users to adjust the size of the image to fit the screen.
To access this tool, go to “Settings -> HDMI -> Adjust for Overscan”. Then follow the instructions on the screen to adjust the displayed image size.
The question now is: is Kodi ready for OTA 2.0 (Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD Master Audio passthrough)? 15.1/15.2rc2 don't have passthrough options for those formats.
(2015-09-30, 15:48)wesk05 Wrote: The question now is: is Kodi ready for OTA 2.0 (Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD Master Audio passthrough)? 15.1/15.2rc2 don't have passthrough options for those formats.

Short answer, not yet.

Only refreshrate will get a fix for 15.2 and 16.0 nightlies.
Passthrough is still WIP
Great job nvidia and kodi !
Very nice team.
Only downside no 3d mvc iso

If onlY....
(2015-09-30, 16:04)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-09-30, 15:48)wesk05 Wrote: The question now is: is Kodi ready for OTA 2.0 (Dolby Digital Plus/Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD Master Audio passthrough)? 15.1/15.2rc2 don't have passthrough options for those formats.

Short answer, not yet.

Passthrough is still WIP

ohhh, i though this OTA would mean that it is already possible to passthrough in kodi

Guess not...

Short answer, not yet.

Passthrough is still WIP

Still have to keep that Chromebox around I see.

Will VC-1 in hardware be picked up automatically? Would Passthrough be backported? I had given up on 16.0 nightlies a week or so ago as anything after alpha 2 wouldn't start up and I don't think Emby supported it either.
(2015-09-30, 16:06)Skank Wrote: Great job nvidia and kodi !
Very nice team.
Only downside no 3d mvc iso

If onlY....

You mean no 3d MVC MKV. Wink Down with menus!
3d mvc iso without menus Wink
pity shield doesnt support it
(2015-09-30, 16:07)drhill Wrote:

Short answer, not yet.

Passthrough is still WIP

Still have to keep that Chromebox around I see.

Will VC-1 in hardware be picked up automatically? Would Passthrough be backported? I had given up on 16.0 nightlies a week or so ago as anything after alpha 2 wouldn't start up and I don't think Emby supported it either.

VC1 works
No backport
Alpha2 works just fine.
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9