• 24(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
I have my own PWS Station and trying to configure it for use in this add-on. In the Expert tab at the bottom I added my stationID but I never got the app to update with my info. All my info is is showing when doing a query on Openweathermap.

Any ideas?
(2015-09-26, 01:30)shdwkeeper Wrote: I have my own PWS Station and trying to configure it for use in this add-on. In the Expert tab at the bottom I added my stationID but I never got the app to update with my info. All my info is is showing when doing a query on Openweathermap.

Any ideas?

could you pm me your station id?
i don't have one, so i had to code it all 'blindly'.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-09-26, 02:17)ronie Wrote:
(2015-09-26, 01:30)shdwkeeper Wrote: I have my own PWS Station and trying to configure it for use in this add-on. In the Expert tab at the bottom I added my stationID but I never got the app to update with my info. All my info is is showing when doing a query on Openweathermap.

Any ideas?

could you pm me your station id?
i don't have one, so i had to code it all 'blindly'.

PM Sent
Could you please inform me if this addon is compatible with AEON MQ5 ISENGARDMOD skin ?
I have activated openweathermap extended addon but the only I can see is current day's weather and nothing else.
Any answer will be very appreciated.
(2015-09-27, 20:51)gertsag Wrote: Could you please inform me if this addon is compatible with AEON MQ5 ISENGARDMOD skin ?
sorry, i can't. you'll have to ask the one who created that skin mod.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-09-27, 21:04)ronie Wrote:
(2015-09-27, 20:51)gertsag Wrote: Could you please inform me if this addon is compatible with AEON MQ5 ISENGARDMOD skin ?
sorry, i can't. you'll have to ask the one who created that skin mod.
Thank you.
Hi, this morning i got this error msg:

07:26:43 441.337280 T:1649787936 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('temp_min',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 847, in <module>
forecast(location, locationid, locationdeg)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 210, in forecast
current_props(current_weather,loc)
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 308, in current_props
set_property('Current.LowTemperature' , TEMP(data['main']['temp_min']) + TEMPUNIT)
KeyError: ('temp_min',)
-->End of Python script error report<--

I am running RPI2+OSMC with latest updates.. maybe something changed with OpenWeatherMap again ?

Full logs http://paste.osmc.io/berewovupa
(2015-09-29, 06:50)perplex Wrote: Hi, this morning i got this error msg:

07:26:43 441.337280 T:1649787936 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 847, in <module>
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 210, in forecast
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 308, in current_props
set_property('Current.LowTemperature' , TEMP(data['main']['temp_min']) + TEMPUNIT)

I am running RPI2+OSMC with latest updates.. maybe something changed with OpenWeatherMap again ?

might have been a temporary hickup on their end.
i'll see if i can workaround it in the addon code.
(2015-10-01, 18:57)ronie Wrote:
(2015-09-29, 06:50)perplex Wrote: Hi, this morning i got this error msg:

might have been a temporary hickup on their end.
i'll see if i can workaround it in the addon code.

Yes, addon is working ok now so it was some kind of temporary hickup..
Sorry, but I'm not completely sure this is fixed...I get the same error on my Mac and RPI-2;

06:10:32 T:123145318019072 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
Error Contents: ('temp',)
File "/Users/cabrio/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 862, in <module>
File "/Users/cabrio/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 212, in forecast
File "/Users/cabrio/Library/Application Support/Kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 296, in current_props
set_property('Current.Temperature' , str(int(round(data['main']['temp']))))
KeyError: ('temp',)

Also, on my Mac Kodi crashes with an error on exit if this add-on is enabled. if i switch to say Yahoo for instance, weather works and Kodi does not crash on exit.

full log - http://www.xbmclogs.com/peoozez7k - error starts at line 722

It is also worth noting that my windows machine is unaffected by this. All machines are running the most recent version available for its platform as of Oct 1/2015.

Thanks to whomever might be able to help.
(2015-10-03, 12:22)cabrio Wrote: Sorry, but I'm not completely sure this is fixed...I get the same error on my Mac and RPI-2;
openweathermap doesn't return the current temperature for your location.
i can make sure the script doesn't crash when that happens,
but you'll be missing the temp in the current weather forecast in kodi.

(2015-10-03, 12:22)cabrio Wrote: Also, on my Mac Kodi crashes with an error on exit if this add-on is enabled. if i switch to say Yahoo for instance, weather works and Kodi does not crash on exit.
try if disabling weather maps in the addon setting helps.
it would take an osx dev to look at the crashlogs to figure out what goes wrong.
i'm afraid i won't be able to help much with that.
Disabling download weather maps has no effect, both units still do the same thing. I can also confirm that the same thing happens on my x86-64 OpenELEC machine too. All of these were working yesterday fine, the error just started today on the three out of my four machines.

Not sure why a Mac/OSX dev would matter as this seems to be a problem on not just my Mac, and only occurs when I enable this add-on.

Don't mistake this as a statement against the add-on or the like, I really like it and have it on all 4 of my machines.

Another question of course is if the add-on didn't change in the last few days, what has changed at OpenWeatherMap, or with Kodi?
That I can't answer of course.

This is eerily reminescint of when Weather Underground stopped working.
(2015-10-03, 15:21)cabrio Wrote: Not sure why a Mac/OSX dev would matter as this seems to be a problem on not just my Mac, and only occurs when I enable this add-on.
what i gathered from your previous post was that the crash happened on your mac but not on your windows machine.
if the crash happens on other platforms as well, then that's new info to me :-)
anyway, if kodi crashes, one of the kodi devs need to take a look at the crashlog to figure out why it's crashing.
bottomline is, kodi shouldn't crash, no matter what addons are installed.
(2015-10-03, 15:21)cabrio Wrote: Another question of course is if the add-on didn't change in the last few days, what has changed at OpenWeatherMap, or with Kodi?
the weather addon was updated last night. you could perhaps rollback to the previous version to check if that helps.
Does it not seem a little odd that the add-on was updated last night, and now I am having these problems and error where there were none before?
(2015-10-03, 16:58)cabrio Wrote: Does it not seem a little odd that the add-on was updated last night, and now I am having these problems and error where there were none before?

the error in the log is caused by an incomplete api response from openweathermap.
it's temporary hickup at their end. it happens sometimes. often the issue resolves itself within a few hours.

as for the crashes, i don't know. could be this addon, could be something else.
you'll need to post a crashlog (assuming kodi generates one) and have a kodi dev take a look at it.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2