• 122(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2015-10-14, 12:14)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-10-13, 22:45)Cowboy_Henk Wrote: Thx, in my grown up movies playlist the group setting was indeed set to none. When I set it to default it was fixed.

But another small problem.

When I'm in my movie list and I choose as case "no case" there is no disc art, the cases don't open. And the movie sets do open with cd art but the opening animation is weird.
When I choose BD/DVD case, clear case or colored case everything is ok. Is this a known bug?

I recorded a video of this.
(sorry for the background noise, I don't know how to record a silent movie wit ezvid so I chose "silent machine" background noise)

Not sure if it is a bug... might be intentional or mentioned/covered in the FAQ by schimi2k on the first page of this thread.

Yes it's mentioned

Quote:11. if u want to have the nice movieset effect ( animated open movieset Case ) u need to go to >>>
Movies > choose Showcase View > Viewtype Setting > BD/DVD Cases > activate Show CD Art > activate Showcase Mod > activate No case for movieset >
activate Open Set as Boxcase ... if u want u can activate the Big Covers and Open Case if u want to have them
- If u want to have movieset Logos and special backrounds for Moviesets you should use "Movieset Artwork Automator" Addon

So NO CASE is recommended but it doesn't work for me. But other cases it works. But aesthetically I would like the no case.
its not a skin bug
its another "gremlin" - a problem that happens, and nobody knows why
you can try to use the cache tool, delete the textures.db or/and thumbnails folder - check all addons, all settings etc... if this doesnt help, try a fresh guisettings.xml
if this doesnt help i cant help you - sorry
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Instructions seem to mention the no case option for sets only and not "no case" for the rest...

Testing all the options available in this skin can take many hours of trying out all the multiple choices and while you think you coded things right... after the fact you can often realize the "logic puzzle" (which is what visibility conditions can sometimes become) can be a little off.

Design choices can be hard and since I have no idea what those could be it is difficult for me to make a statement about things that involve MadNox...

I am only trying to help in Mikes (hopefully brief) absence but I will not take over for him or schimi2k. I like most of you have hope that he will return when he is ready so I just want to do what I can to keep the seat warm.

Mike is easily one of the nicest people I have had the privilege to talk with and I wish him and his family only my best wishes during this difficult time.
naaaa, i think its one of the problems that popp up out of nowhere...
some cache problems mike and em have some times too... when i found something like that in my bughunts and send it to mike, and he tell me " not here " i have delete all my cache stuff and after that most of the time it was "fixed" again...
i think its the price we pay to use this old code... but as long as we can find a "dirty" solution for it, we try to keep this skin up to life ^^

and i want to say a BIG THX to our Partner and Friend Skin - "Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO" - especialy Mike
he help us so much with MADNOX and without him i think MADNOX would be Dead by now
so THX Mike
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

Hello everyone,

I think it's connected to no case / clear case options as I've seen something similar to it before in showcase I think when no case / clear case is selected. I know there were past problems with clear case in showcase i.e. back in shednox so it may be that a similar problem may exist for boxsets or that boxsets action like the start of the video when clearcase or no case is selected. Like Mr. Silvo said Madnox is very heavy on options / customizable, Schimi keeps laughing at the buttons I keep adding to it, no suprise that sooner or later things don't work quite right due to the amount of conditions on the go. Will have to make a note to control my button urges in the future and keep learning this art of skinning as I still know very little!

Thanks to everyone for helping out during this time, I'll add it to the to do list to work on if / hopefully when I come back

I think I'll be back, I've enjoyed what I did and how it grew to become what Schimi and I did together and with help from manfeed in the past and meowmoo now as part of our team. Then thanks to MikeSilvo etc. for guidance and general chit chat which all combined to being the only real hobby I had and for the most of the time something I enjoyed, that is until I tried to figure out how widgets works in Madnox, remember it was born from Shednox whose parents could no longer take care of it so I stupidly decided to foster it and help it grow into what is now Madnox, but still don't have it sussed, then looking at trying to incorp Mr V's outstanding widget work and then this skin.shortcuts stuff that opens up other possible widgets solutions as well as menu options - scary stuff peeps. Oh and then changes for jarvis.

Hmm, now I think about it not too sure it'll be fun if I come back, more like hard work ;-)

Trying a bit of humor to help me at this time.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-10-14, 16:01)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hello everyone,

I think it's connected to no case / clear case options as I've seen something similar to it before in showcase I think when no case / clear case is selected. I know there were past problems with clear case in showcase i.e. back in shednox so it may be that a similar problem may exist for boxsets or that boxsets action like the start of the video when clearcase or no case is selected. Like Mr. Silvo said Madnox is very heavy on options / customizable, Schimi keeps laughing at the buttons I keep adding to it, no suprise that sooner or later things don't work quite right due to the amount of conditions on the go. Will have to make a note to control my button urges in the future and keep learning this art of skinning as I still know very little!

Thanks to everyone for helping out during this time, I'll add it to the to do list to work on if / hopefully when I come back

I think I'll be back, I've enjoyed what I did and how it grew to become what Schimi and I did together and with help from manfeed in the past and meowmoo now as part of our team. Then thanks to MikeSilvo etc. for guidance and general chit chat which all combined to being the only real hobby I had and for the most of the time something I enjoyed, that is until I tried to figure out how widgets works in Madnox, remember it was born from Shednox whose parents could no longer take care of it so I stupidly decided to foster it and help it grow into what is now Madnox, but still don't have it sussed, then looking at trying to incorp Mr V's outstanding widget work and then this skin.shortcuts stuff that opens up other possible widgets solutions as well as menu options - scary stuff peeps. Oh and then changes for jarvis.

Hmm, now I think about it not too sure it'll be fun if I come back, more like hard work ;-)

Trying a bit of humor to help me at this time.

Mike.
ok, a Horse comes into a bar - the bartender ask " why the long face ? "

yeah, you are right - ... it was always hard work, it will be hard work, BUT it was always FUN too ! and when i see, that in our thread nobody makes any trouble, and everybody is helping each other out, and even MIKE SILVO helped us so much - even with his own great skin, it makes me also realy proud of our hard work !

i have say it, and i will say it again DOC Smile - take your time you need ( and you need some time buddy ) - and when you come back, i hope we can continue our hard work with a lot of fun again Smile

greetings
schimi

I know you are not yet back Mike but you do have a second family here that cares for you Smile
(2015-10-14, 16:20)mikesilvo164 Wrote: I know you are not yet back Mike but you do have a second family here that cares for you Smile

Amen, brother!!
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Don't worry Mike, schimi, and I will mess up the code even more till you are back =)

I always thought, no box, no opening, disc art is coming from the right side for me, I'm a no box user since day one
It is said there are 2 types of people in this world..... givers and takers.
Takers eat better but givers sleep better.

Sometimes I think the world is mostly takers, then I realize takers depend on givers.
This is the true measure of achievement for each.
Easy, hard, fun, not so fun..... take pride in your achievements.

It's decent to see others step up and offer more help while you sort things out.
Thanks go out to you givers as well.
The entire Kodi software and community wouldn't exist without....... you guessed it.... GIVERS.

Take pride knowing..... you inspire others to..... aspire.
This is what givers do.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2015-10-14, 18:52)brazen1 Wrote: It is said there are 2 types of people in this world..... givers and takers.
Takers eat better but givers sleep better.

Sometimes I think the world is mostly takers, then I realize takers depend on givers.
This is the true measure of achievement for each.
Easy, hard, fun, not so fun..... take pride in your achievements.

It's decent to see others step up and offer more help while you sort things out.
Thanks go out to you givers as well.
The entire Kodi software and community wouldn't exist without....... you guessed it.... GIVERS.

Take pride knowing..... you inspire others to..... aspire.
This is what givers do.

What deep philosophical and true thoughts.. hats off Buddy !
@ Mike : Take time to feel. Your heart & your feelings will eventually guide you with whatever way you want to choose.When you will do that you will find peace. Yes it seems very difficult but Time & Grief are intertwined you cannot hold them to anything& in passing they help heal deep wounds.
Every individual handles grief / difficult times according to their own personality. There is no set path to take.Some have to look deep inside themselves, deep introspective searching to find out how they can cope. Others have to continue their daily routine surrounded by others to help them cope (keeping in check) with the acute emotions.This is a learning process each & every one of us will have to go through at some stage in their life. And this is kind of what my Profession is ..If you wish to have any further discussion I would be glad to help in listening or help in guiding in whatever way I could.
As you could gather ... here @ Kodi forums & especially at Madnox.. we ALL ARE FAMILY...
Is it possible to make the global blue overlay, white? i have been searching in the skin settings file and see radio button id 140 for the blue ovelray, but i do not seem to find how this is called or where the blue comes from is it a color code somewhere or just a blue png? Could you please tell me the location of the color code or the name of the png. Then i can make the overlay white myself... thank you in advance :-)
(2015-10-14, 14:16)Cowboy_Henk Wrote:
Quote:11. if u want to have the nice movieset effect ( animated open movieset Case ) u need to go to >>>
Movies > choose Showcase View > Viewtype Setting > BD/DVD Cases > activate Show CD Art > activate Showcase Mod > activate No case for movieset >
activate Open Set as Boxcase ... if u want u can activate the Big Covers and Open Case if u want to have them
- If u want to have movieset Logos and special backrounds for Moviesets you should use "Movieset Artwork Automator" Addon

So NO CASE is recommended but it doesn't work for me. But other cases it works. But aesthetically I would like the no case.

after a check here on my players i can confirm that problem... i will try to find a solution ... but this showcase view is realy... bitchy Wink

(2015-10-15, 21:40)schimi2k Wrote:
(2015-10-14, 14:16)Cowboy_Henk Wrote:

after a check here on my players i can confirm that problem... i will try to find a solution ... but this showcase view is realy... bitchy Wink

I don't know if this applies to this discussion, but, if I set cases to none (in showcase) no disc art is shown unless I turn off the "open case" option, Then the disc rolls out. Makes sense to me, if there is no case, how can it open. But the movie set graphics is a bit wonky in this setting. Don't mean to butt in. Smile
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2015-10-16, 15:37)bobrap Wrote:
(2015-10-15, 21:40)schimi2k Wrote:
(2015-10-14, 14:16)Cowboy_Henk Wrote: So NO CASE is recommended but it doesn't work for me. But other cases it works. But aesthetically I would like the no case.

I don't know if this applies to this discussion, but, if I set cases to none (in showcase) no disc art is shown unless I turn off the "open case" option, Then the disc rolls out. Makes sense to me, if there is no case, how can it open. But the movie set graphics is a bit wonky in this setting. Don't mean to butt in. Smile
Thats right bob Smile if you dont have a case, it cant open... but like you say, we need to find a fix for the bad movieset animation Smile
will start to have a look at it now...

and one small info: on Git is a new small fix for the LOGIN SCREEN Bug... where the login screen where always in the backround... this should be fixed now...thx 2 SILVO - he check, he know, he tell me Smile

• 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39