• 36(current)
Android ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)
Anyone tested if bdmv format works?
(2015-10-15, 19:26)couto27 Wrote: Have you think in a Refurbished Oppo 103 (400$- to 450$) its has the best PQ 2D I've seen, you will need to extract your ISOs to MKV.. (I did it 200 Movies myself).
Guess what... cinavia doesn't work in MKV container, subtitles are flawless.. no jukebox ...but thats ok, when im watching the movie i couldn´t care less about the jukebox..
Man, I haven't paid that much for any media player in ages Shocked! You could buy 6 RPi2 complete kits for that Smile. Been ages since I owned an Oppo... had one of their early 3D players that supported ISO's, then Cinavia ended that fun via a firmware update. So, BDP-103 plays 3D MKV MKV's huh? ... via network share, or does it need to be attached storage?

Edit: This seems to contradict you. Is the guy on AVSForum wrong?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-10-15, 19:35)langostino Wrote:
(2015-10-15, 17:33)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-10-15, 17:25)langostino Wrote: Finally, do I cancel my ziddoo x6 order and buy Himedia Q5?

Question.

1-What files are you trying to play on your media player(2D.mkv 3D SBS.mkv or 3D.ISO etc..) ?
3-What AV Reciever do you have?

1. Files: 2d.mkv, 3d.mkv and 3d.iso and mvc files (mts).

2. Onkyo SR501E

Onkyo SR501E Doesn't even have HDMI input/output, unless you upgrade your AV Receiver,none of the things you are looking for in a media player will work with your system.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-10-15, 14:32)wrxtasy Wrote: RULE 1: Don't buy a box on maybes and promises, this road leads to disaster, especially with Android. But purchasers still get suckered in time and time again.
Money would be better spent donating to the Kodi project itself if someone was going to do this.

Near bug free Firmware takes time, especially 23.976 support.

+1 on this. If its not something that works when the box hits the market dont ever count on it working and dont take market material at 100% wait for someone to test it. As in this niche market seems 95% of the time it is never fixed or only half fixed. We have seen it time and time again from small companies to large companies. We have seen the large players syabas/dune go from glory to hated, new big companies like boxee never deliver. I still hate google for buying sagetv they seemed to get everything to work that no one could like native resolution direct output.
(2015-10-15, 20:10)hdmkv Wrote: So, BDP-103 plays 3D MKV MKV's huh? ... via network share, or does it need to be attached storage?

NO 3D and NO Jukebox for the Oppo 103D

But if you have m2ts ou MKV blurays its a TRUE 2D player with excelent streaming performance with High PQ and Audio...
Souce direct option for the pickys ones with Calibrated displays..
Perfect 23.976, 25hz, 29.97, 49.97, 59.94hz..
DTS-HD and TrueHD passthrough
2 x HDMI inputs
And Darbee video processing built-in in the D version...

This tests was made last year...with the old synology FW (samba working well with latest FW)

DLNA
Jellyfish HD audio* - OK
Jellyfish 90mbps - OK
Jellyfish 100mbps - FAIL

NFS
Jellyfish HD audio* - OK
Jellyfish 90mbps- OK
Jellyfish 100mbps FAIL

Samba
Jellyfish HD audio* - FAIL
Jellyfish 70mbps - FAIL
Jellyfish 80mbps - FAIL

* Jellyfish Hd audio is a file made by @Mede8er1, the CEO of Mede8er media players

USB
Jellyfish HD audio - OK
Jellyfish 90mbps - OK
Jellyfish 100mbps - OK
Jellyfish 110mbps - OK
Jellyfish 120mbps - FAIL

[URL="http://img6.imageshack.us/i/ompe.jpg/"]Image[/URL]
[URL="http://img198.imageshack.us/i/pkeq.JPG/"]Image[/URL]
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Meh... that seems so yesterday then. HiMedia has an image processing engine that produces excellent PQ, in manner similar to Darbee. If 23.976 is fixed, along with audio drop-outs, it'd be a great box. With Pi2 for 3D and Chromebox for 2D, you could buy a Darbee unit and still be well under Oppo's price... and get just as good benefits (proper framerates, great PQ, HD audio).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-10-15, 23:09)hdmkv Wrote: Meh... that seems so yesterday then. HiMedia has an image processing engine that produces excellent PQ, in manner similar to Darbee. If 23.976 is fixed, along with audio drop-outs, it'd be a great box. With Pi2 for 3D and Chromebox for 2D, you could buy a Darbee unit and still be well under Oppo's price... and get just as good benefits (proper framerates, great PQ, HD audio).

Oppo products are overpriced!!!
You can build a PC/Kodi less than the cost of their cheapest BD player.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
The Oppo its a bargain product...for example the overall of the product is very well built.. its has Rigid Chassis Construction not some cheap chinese box..

Its a product that out-of -the- Box the software works like it suppose to do... No annoying experiences...

For example :
The disk mechanism implementation competes with average cd players in the market, it can be a CD player
Its a SACD player
Its a bluray player 3D
It has MediaTek SOC for all de-interlacing when darbee is OFF
it also uses Silicon Image VRS ClearView video processor
Advanced Picture Control Users can have fine control of brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, sharpness, noise reduction, color and contrast enhancements. The player can remember and apply three custom picture control modes.
it has 2 x hdmi out
Triple USB Ports
Back-lit Remote Control
it is MHL Input Capable up to 5.1ch/192kHz PCM.
it has Power On Volume
it has Power on Input
it has backups or restore the player settings.
it does 4Kx2K Output upscaling
it does 4Kx2K@50/60Hz" resolution in YCbCr 4:2:0
it support PGS subtitle or SRT
it has Zooming capability in the HDMI IN ports
its has CinemaNow, netflix, youtube, vudu etc
it supports CUE playlist support
it support DSD audio ut to 5.1ch
it has Subtitle Adj." -> "Sync."
it supports TIDAL Music Streaming
it support DSD64 files (.DFF and .DSF) over DLNA
it has Gapless Playback and includes FLAC files
it support high-resolution lossless WAV and FLAC
it has Instant replay AB replay
it has DVD-Audio discs support
it has playback WAV & AIFF formats
2D to 3D Conversion
2.35:1 CIH (Constant Image Height)
Roku ready
RS232 Control
SMB/CIFS Access
Analog Audio: 7.1ch, 5.1ch, stereo.
Coaxial/Optical Audio: Dolby Digital, DTS, up to 2ch/192kHz PCM.
DMP & DMR - Digital Media Player (DMP) and Digital Media Renderer (DMR)
Gracenote MusicID® and VideoID™
It has android and IOS app
NFS, SAMBA, DLNA

Has being out since 2012, and still has Firmware support
This are only some examples of a nice product...on the end it does a lot more than what the user expect.... then they call it Expensive without knowing it
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2015-10-15, 23:17)movie78 Wrote: Oppo products are overpriced!!!

I built a expensive HTPC a few years back, fanless power supply etc etc Sold it with a great Loss....the HTPC at the time it cost me the same money has the Oppo...

Please name one PC/graphic card/Android/Media player/whatever that outputs Native YCbCR (whithout RGB conversion) and with video Source direct output just want one product that does this- Native YCbCR + Source direct output..

Don't you want your benq with best picture quality ? so with feed him with chinese mess colors (like @wesk05 is showing with the Quantum analyser)
Or don't you want the best sound for your yamaha RX3050 (2000$) ? so why feed him with cheap boxes ?

The source is important...and more important is to us that have projectors and big screens

About Graphic cards and HTPC Lumagen forum

Quote:From madshi.net:
"Theoretically a graphics card could support output of YCbCr. Actually the best output would be a format which is as near to the native format of the Blu-Ray disc as possible to avoid any unnecessary (and lossy) conversions. The Blu-Ray disc uses YCbCr 4:2:0. HDMI and DVI do not support YCbCr 4:2:0, but YCbCr 4:2:2 and YCbCr 4:4:4 are both supported. So outputting YCbCr is possible and would be welcome. Most TVs accept both RGB and YCbCr, so there would also be no compatability problem.

However, YCbCr output makes sense only if it's a "pure" output, without a multitude of conversions in between. If the graphics card first converts the YCbCr source to RGB, then converts it back to YCbCr for output this is actually a negative thing. Ideally the graphics card should just take the YCbCr source and output it as it is.
To my best knowledge no graphics card on the market can do this today."

http://madshi.net/htpc/page4.html

Can anyone confirm ?
if it were really, with an HTPC output in YCbCr,
can be worse, because before going to Radiance the graphics card
makes a double conversion: YCbCr-->RGB-->YCbCr.

if it were really then,
is not better exit form HTPC directly in RGB, so as to eliminate a conversion ?

there is a way to verify if indeed the graphics card,
makes this double conversion or output with an "pure" YCbCr?

Thanks

P.S.
Sorry for my bad English

Yes it is true that most graphics cards - if not all - perform this double conversion.

However, if the Radiance is in the chain, sending YBC422 has some advantages and often gives better results.

Also, you have to consider what's happening after the Radiance.

If the display can process an RGB signal without first converting back to YCB422, then it might make sense to keep everything in RGB.

However, most displays do convert to YCB even when inputting RGB due to the color decoder processing, which means you go RGB -> YCB -> RGB inside the display. In that case, using RGB adds one more unnecessary conversion.

The way to check for this is to see if the color control - in the display - has any effect when inputting RGB. If it does, it means that RGB is converted to YCB inside the display for processing before being converted back to RGB internally.

While there are many possibilities, it's all down to your specific combination of source/AVR/processor/display. The Radiance prefers YCB in and out, and unless your display is able to process RGB directly or gives better results that way, YCB out usually makes most sense.

To determine whether you should output RGB or YCB from the HTPC, the best way to do so is to use the Spears & Munsil disc (either version) and check the effect of each setting on the Chroma multiburst pattern, using the HTPC to play the pattern bluray.

With my AMD 7870, RGB Full works better (I lose some chroma resolution when using YCB out) and it also gives me a slightly better peak white and on/off contrast. It's also the only pixel format that works with the PC Client 3 if you want to calibrate with Calman using patterns from the HTPC, which can be more accurate if the HTPC is your primary source (which is my case).

So try various combinations and decide what works best in your setup...

In the following link its a very helpfull "manual" HTPC bluray Essencials and suddenly the Oppo don't look so expensive after reading the article

(2015-10-15, 21:43)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-10-15, 19:35)langostino Wrote:
(2015-10-15, 17:33)movie78 Wrote: Question.

1-What files are you trying to play on your media player(2D.mkv 3D SBS.mkv or 3D.ISO etc..) ?
3-What AV Reciever do you have?

1. Files: 2d.mkv, 3d.mkv and 3d.iso and mvc files (mts).

2. Onkyo SR501E

Onkyo SR501E Doesn't even have HDMI input/output, unless you upgrade your AV Receiver,none of the things you are looking for in a media player will work with your system.

Dts and Dolby by optical spdif, no hdmi.i need optical audio out. May be I'll upgrade to a Yamaha v47x on next months.
(2015-10-16, 00:22)couto27 Wrote:
(2015-10-15, 23:17)movie78 Wrote: Oppo products are overpriced!!!

I built a expensive HTPC a few years back, fanless power supply etc etc Sold it with a great Loss....the HTPC at the time it cost me the same money has the Oppo...

Please name one PC/graphic card/Android/Media player/whatever that outputs Native YCbCR (whithout RGB conversion) and with video Source direct output just want one product that does this- Native YCbCR + Source direct output..

Don't you want your benq with best picture quality ? so with feed him with chinese mess colors (like @wesk05 is showing with the Quantum analyser)
Or don't you want the best sound for your yamaha RX3050 (2000$) ? so why feed him with cheap boxes ?

The source is important...and more important is to us that have projectors and big screens

About Graphic cards and HTPC Lumagen forum

Quote:From madshi.net:
"Theoretically a graphics card could support output of YCbCr. Actually the best output would be a format which is as near to the native format of the Blu-Ray disc as possible to avoid any unnecessary (and lossy) conversions. The Blu-Ray disc uses YCbCr 4:2:0. HDMI and DVI do not support YCbCr 4:2:0, but YCbCr 4:2:2 and YCbCr 4:4:4 are both supported. So outputting YCbCr is possible and would be welcome. Most TVs accept both RGB and YCbCr, so there would also be no compatability problem.

However, YCbCr output makes sense only if it's a "pure" output, without a multitude of conversions in between. If the graphics card first converts the YCbCr source to RGB, then converts it back to YCbCr for output this is actually a negative thing. Ideally the graphics card should just take the YCbCr source and output it as it is.
To my best knowledge no graphics card on the market can do this today."

http://madshi.net/htpc/page4.html

Can anyone confirm ?
if it were really, with an HTPC output in YCbCr,
can be worse, because before going to Radiance the graphics card
makes a double conversion: YCbCr-->RGB-->YCbCr.

if it were really then,
is not better exit form HTPC directly in RGB, so as to eliminate a conversion ?

there is a way to verify if indeed the graphics card,
makes this double conversion or output with an "pure" YCbCr?

Thanks

P.S.
Sorry for my bad English

Yes it is true that most graphics cards - if not all - perform this double conversion.

However, if the Radiance is in the chain, sending YBC422 has some advantages and often gives better results.

Also, you have to consider what's happening after the Radiance.

If the display can process an RGB signal without first converting back to YCB422, then it might make sense to keep everything in RGB.

However, most displays do convert to YCB even when inputting RGB due to the color decoder processing, which means you go RGB -> YCB -> RGB inside the display. In that case, using RGB adds one more unnecessary conversion.

The way to check for this is to see if the color control - in the display - has any effect when inputting RGB. If it does, it means that RGB is converted to YCB inside the display for processing before being converted back to RGB internally.

While there are many possibilities, it's all down to your specific combination of source/AVR/processor/display. The Radiance prefers YCB in and out, and unless your display is able to process RGB directly or gives better results that way, YCB out usually makes most sense.

To determine whether you should output RGB or YCB from the HTPC, the best way to do so is to use the Spears & Munsil disc (either version) and check the effect of each setting on the Chroma multiburst pattern, using the HTPC to play the pattern bluray.

With my AMD 7870, RGB Full works better (I lose some chroma resolution when using YCB out) and it also gives me a slightly better peak white and on/off contrast. It's also the only pixel format that works with the PC Client 3 if you want to calibrate with Calman using patterns from the HTPC, which can be more accurate if the HTPC is your primary source (which is my case).

So try various combinations and decide what works best in your setup...

If the OPPO support Kodi,then i will be all over it....

No Kodi No Good...
That is why i am in the kodi forum everyday hopping that there will be such a device.
(2015-10-16, 01:19)langostino Wrote:
(2015-10-15, 21:43)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-10-15, 19:35)langostino Wrote: 1. Files: 2d.mkv, 3d.mkv and 3d.iso and mvc files (mts).

2. Onkyo SR501E

Dts and Dolby by optical spdif, no hdmi.i need optical audio out. May be I'll upgrade to a Yamaha v47x on next months.

You are looking a media player with all that features,you need replace your AVR first.
1-3D.ISO and MVC files will not work with your receiver
2-HD Audio not work
Etc...
(2015-10-16, 01:26)movie78 Wrote: You are looking a media player with all that features,you need replace your AVR first.
1-3D.ISO and MVC files will not work with your receiver
2-HD Audio not work
Etc...
Did you just put a dagger in his heart? Rofl
Seems that way. I also laugh when xx user insists HD Audio passthrough is the one requirement for a Kodi media to achieve a pass mark otherwise its deemed a failure.

What they usually fail to consider is do they actually have decent quality speakers to even hear the sounds frequencies output from the Lossless HD Audio fed into their AVR ?

• 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)5