• 45(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Most of my trailers are DTS:HD MA encoded so this is a nice addition to my main source for lossless trailers:

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/
Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA for a few. It's been busy. We're buttoning up a few things and getting the add-on ready to submit to the official repository, and the website just went through a pretty major upgrade. After the add-on is in the official repository, I'll be shifting my focus to the website, creating guides and templates for the community. Anyone is welcome to contribute, just let me know if you're interested. We're still pumping out content, but some of it hasn't been uploaded yet. Several folks have been hard at work collaborating to create new trivia content and post it up to the website. We're also working on revamping our Video Bumper content to include Dolby Audio, and have several bumper sets in the works. We'll start putting those up as soon as we can.

I want to take a moment to thank the community as a whole for their support. I can't tell you how much we appreciate the community and the excitement for what we're doing here. To the members of Team Kodi, thank you all for your hard work developing, maintaining and improving this platform. To all of the skinners and developers, thanks for doing what you do. None of this would be possible without all of your hard work, and I hope we can all work together to make really cool things in the future.

To all of the members of the community, thank you for your feedback, your support, your generosity and your character. It's been a long road getting here, with quite a few bumps. I hope you all see the value in what you're helping to build, and I hope you and your family and friends enjoy the experience. Show off your setup on YouTube, and brag that you had a part in developing it!

On to the Q&A.

(2015-10-28, 21:15)nolos Wrote: Huge help man. I got it from the source just fine. Weird thing is, I hadn't downloaded ANY files from the cinemavision site yet. That was my first one. I even tried a couple of different files with the same outcome. Maybe it had something to do with the browser. Oh well. Thanks for the help.

We've had problems with that in the past... I'm debating just taking away the wait. Let me know how it goes with different browsers.

(2015-10-29, 02:19)Toxic Man Wrote: Log captured. Kodi 15.2 with CinemaVision beta release.

http://pastebin.com/fFB8jezH

Thanks...

Thanks for the log, we'll look into it. Have you done a complete uninstall of the beta and reinstall the release candidate? You might be running into an issue that we fixed, but carried over in your settings.

(2015-10-29, 03:21)jubilex Wrote: Few questions, using Kodi 15.2 and Cinemavision 1.0.0.b1, and the Arctic: Zephyr skin.

Why does it have to add every single item in my KodiDB every single time I run Cinemavision editor?

It shouldn't be doing it every time, only when it detects changes after the first time. Can you do the following and post up a log for me:
  • Open the CinemaVision Add-on Configuration
  • Under the General menu, Update Content
  • Exit back to main menu
  • Open the CinemaVision Sequence Editor
  • Exit back to main menu
  • Open the CinemaVision Sequence Editor

(2015-10-29, 03:21)jubilex Wrote: I have a few different sequences. How do I choose one from the context menu when launching a movie with Cinemavision? I only have the Cinemavision option, no options for which sequence I want to use.

The ability to choose your sequence is built in to the CinemaVision Launcher and the Queue Editor. If the settings to hide the queue dialog are enabled, you won't be able to select your sequence, and the default sequence for the type of content you're watching will be used. You bring up a good question about the CinemaVision Launcher. It might be a nice feature to be able to hit the right arrow on the CinemaVision context menu item and have a list of your available sequences there for you to choose from.

(2015-10-29, 03:21)jubilex Wrote: Arctic Zephyr is listed as one of the skins with Cinemavision support, but I'm still getting the OSD popping up between all my sequence items. Are there any skins that don't do this?

I'm not 100% sure it's been added in yet. I know jurialmunkey has said he was going to add support for CinemaVision when it's released, so I know it's coming. I'm not sure if he added it to the GitHub yet or not. It might just be waiting for a pull request.

(2015-10-29, 03:21)jubilex Wrote: I keep crashing when trying to play a movie with Cinemavision, when it goes to play my 2 trailers from KodiDB. Can I upload an abbreviated version of the log? Pastebin won't let me upload the full thing. The sequence works every time when I test it from within CV.

I'd rather a full log, if possible. Give the Kodi Log Uploader a shot. You're also welcome to post the file to the CinemaVision site regardless of size.

(2015-10-29, 11:08)Dave the Minion Wrote: BTW Steve, curious if it's been mentioned (I think it may have) if there's a way to select the specific local trailers you want in a sequence so if you plan a specifc movie night only those trailers you want to be show will play. Right now I just rename my regular Trailers directory to Trailers1 and make a new Trailers directory where I copy the 3 specific ones I want to for CV to find. This way I get Star Wars every single time Big Grin

There's not, yet, but it is on our list of things to develop in the next release. Wink Early on, there was talk of developing a UI that listed out trailers and let you choose the trailers you wanted to watch during your sequence, but we put it on the back burner to develop all of the other things that went in to this release.

(2015-10-29, 11:08)Dave the Minion Wrote: Edit: Here's a link to their list of available 5.1 HD audio trailers with notes about 3D availability. AWESOME!
(2015-10-29, 12:14)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Most of my trailers are DTS:HD MA encoded so this is a nice addition to my main source for lossless trailers:

http://www.movie-list.com/forum/

Thank you both for these links! Those are very helpful for us purists. Big Grin
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2015-10-29, 03:21)jubilex Wrote: Arctic Zephyr is listed as one of the skins with Cinemavision support, but I'm still getting the OSD popping up between all my sequence items. Are there any skins that don't do this?

I'm using Rapier (the latest-and-greatest from the creator's repository), which hides the busy dialog when CinemaVision is being used. I also have it set up to hide the progress bar (I dont' need a progress bar on screen since the Yatse app on my phone has it), that way nothing pops up in between video bumpers during the CV sequence, giving it the intended cinematic feel.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Thanks Scott! Will post logs when I get home.

And thanks MW, will check out Rapier. I really like the look of Arctic Zephyr, though.
I have a question on the trailer settings. Does the KODI DB option represent Youtube trailers, the Content option local trailers on your hard drive, and the iTunes option of course is iTunes. Just wanted some clarification on that.

thx
(2015-10-29, 18:09)MidnightWatcher Wrote: I'm using Rapier (the latest-and-greatest from the creator's repository), which hides the busy dialog when CinemaVision is being used. I also have it set up to hide the progress bar (I dont' need a progress bar on screen since the Yatse app on my phone has it), that way nothing pops up in between video bumpers during the CV sequence, giving it the intended cinematic feel.

What Gade did with Rapier is the perfect example of how we think this should all work. Great work, and an example of how to improve the experience and make it as seamless as possible.

(2015-10-29, 19:30)jubilex Wrote: Thanks Scott! Will post logs when I get home.

And thanks MW, will check out Rapier. I really like the look of Arctic Zephyr, though.

No problem! jurialmunkey has said that support for CinemaVision is coming in Arctic: Zephyr, although the level of that support is something we'll have to wait and see. I'm not sure everyone will hide dialogs and such during CinemaVision playback. We also just got a commitment from Tgxcorporation to include CinemaVision in Black Glass Nova.

(2015-10-30, 02:54)leejk Wrote: I have a question on the trailer settings. Does the KODI DB option represent Youtube trailers, the Content option local trailers on your hard drive, and the iTunes option of course is iTunes. Just wanted some clarification on that.

thx

That's a question with a complicated answer. Kodi DB represents any trailers scraped in to the Kodi database. That could be local trailers that you put there and scraped in, or YouTube trailer links that the scraper added in for extra functionality. You can turn off cataloging YouTube trailers from the Kodi database in the CinemaVision configuration. The Content option represents the Content folder in your %CVROOT% folder, where all of your CinemaVision files live. iTunes represents iTunes, of course, and the same for StereoscopyNews.com. More scrapers are planned.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Thx Scott for the explanation.
Is it also possible to figure out what skinner's need to do to supress the 3D mode notification? It's MORE annoying than the waiting pop-up. Especially the sound!
(2015-10-29, 17:56)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Thanks for the log, we'll look into it. Have you done a complete uninstall of the beta and reinstall the release candidate? You might be running into an issue that we fixed, but carried over in your settings.

Never used the beta actually. Should have correctly identified the release candidate as the version I am using. I'm on 1.0.0.b1.
Are PayPal payments to CinemaVision failing for anybody else at the moment? I get to the end of the sequence and get a "page not found" error.

(Already reported to support, but wondering if it's just me…)
I did have some trouble setting CV up, as it was unable to create its folder structure.

When selecting an SMB source as the location, you're not prompted for username/password. (Not sure if this is a CV issue or a Kodi issue, though.)

CV then tries to create the structure as a guest user — and allowing guest users write access to network shares is generally Not A Good Idea Smile

I worked around this by manually inserting the path into userdata/addon_data/script.cinemavision/settings.xml's content.path entry and then updating content from the menu — but having to hack around in config files probably isn't the aim of CinemaVision!

For those having similar problems, the entry should be in the format
Code:
smb://username:password@server/path

After doing all that, I still don't seem to be able to access actions stored in the CV structure — I can only select root filesystem or home folder, neither of which are on the SMB share, of course!

A third problem I'm having is running a short feature before the main feature. I have a smart playlist to select random episodes of Tom & Jerry / Three Stooges and other suitable material, but when I add a short film bumper, I can only find options for a specific file, a directory, or manually putting things in the CV folder structure. Is there a way to give a playlist name there and have CV pick one item at random?

Thanks
(2015-10-31, 00:57)leejk Wrote: Thx Scott for the explanation.

You're welcome!

(2015-10-31, 02:31)Dave the Minion Wrote: Is it also possible to figure out what skinner's need to do to supress the 3D mode notification? It's MORE annoying than the waiting pop-up. Especially the sound!

Good idea, I'll talk to our developer and see what we can do.

(2015-11-01, 02:29)Toxic Man Wrote: Never used the beta actually. Should have correctly identified the release candidate as the version I am using. I'm on 1.0.0.b1.

Thanks for that, I'll check back in when I have some information.

(2015-11-01, 13:18)Tiny Clanger Wrote: Are PayPal payments to CinemaVision failing for anybody else at the moment? I get to the end of the sequence and get a "page not found" error.

(Already reported to support, but wondering if it's just me…)

You are the second person to report this, and we haven't seen anything come through via PayPal since we updated the website the other day. I think it's a real issue, and we've opened a ticket with support to figure it out. PayPal is working correctly, so we've reached out to IPS to get them to decipher their cryptic error message. If anyone else is having an issue, please let us know. If we know about more people, we should have more leverage. So far I know of two folks affected.

(2015-11-01, 15:28)Tiny Clanger Wrote: I did have some trouble setting CV up, as it was unable to create its folder structure.

When selecting an SMB source as the location, you're not prompted for username/password. (Not sure if this is a CV issue or a Kodi issue, though.)

CV then tries to create the structure as a guest user — and allowing guest users write access to network shares is generally Not A Good Idea Smile

I worked around this by manually inserting the path into userdata/addon_data/script.cinemavision/settings.xml's content.path entry and then updating content from the menu — but having to hack around in config files probably isn't the aim of CinemaVision!

Code:

Thanks for that bit of information! Question for you. Was the SMB share added in Kodi File Manager (not the video source, but file manager proper)? If not, that might've been part of the issue. We've seen odd things cross-platform when the source for your CinemaVision files isn't added in File Manager on network shares. I'll also bounce this off of our developer just in case.

(2015-11-01, 15:28)Tiny Clanger Wrote: Another problem I'm having is running a short feature before the main feature. I have a smart playlist to select random episodes of Tom & Jerry / Three Stooges and other suitable material, but when I add a short film bumper, I can only find options for a specific file, a directory, or manually putting things in the CV folder structure. Is there a way to give a playlist name there and have CV pick one item at random?

Thanks

We haven't added support for playlists. I totally forgot about that. I'm adding it to the list now and will talk to our developer about it as well.

(2015-11-01, 16:32)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-11-01, 15:28)Tiny Clanger Wrote: I did have some trouble setting CV up, as it was unable to create its folder structure.

CV then tries to create the structure as a guest user — and allowing guest users write access to network shares is generally Not A Good Idea :)

Code:

Thanks for that bit of information! Question for you. Was the SMB share added in Kodi File Manager (not the video source, but file manager proper)? If not, that might've been part of the issue. We've seen odd things cross-platform when the source for your CinemaVision files isn't added in File Manager on network shares. I'll also bounce this off of our developer just in case.

Thanks – it was added in video sources. I'm not even sure I've ever used the file manager — I'll give that a go.

EDIT: Yup, adding the share through the file manager fixed the issue. Always a good day when you learn something new :)

(2015-11-01, 16:32)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-11-01, 15:28)Tiny Clanger Wrote: Another problem I'm having is running a short feature before the main feature. I have a smart playlist to select random episodes of Tom & Jerry / Three Stooges and other suitable material, but when I add a short film bumper, I can only find options for a specific file, a directory, or manually putting things in the CV folder structure. Is there a way to give a playlist name there and have CV pick one item at random?

Thanks

We haven't added support for playlists. I totally forgot about that. I'm adding it to the list now and will talk to our developer about it as well.

Great — thanks!

Now back to trying to convince CV to run all the trailers and bumpers at 23.97fps rather than switching back and forth all the time… (quite why modern TVs can't switch instantly is beyond me :)
(2015-11-01, 02:29)Toxic Man Wrote: Never used the beta actually. Should have correctly identified the release candidate as the version I am using. I'm on 1.0.0.b1.

Does the crash happen during playback of the sequence, or in the Sequence Editor? There's nothing in the log to suggest that CV is causing the freeze, but we still want to track this down.

(2015-11-01, 17:10)Tiny Clanger Wrote: Now back to trying to convince CV to run all the trailers and bumpers at 23.97fps rather than switching back and forth all the time… (quite why modern TVs can't switch instantly is beyond me Smile

That kills us, too. We're brainstorming a fix for it, but it won't go in until after the first release.

Finally got a chance to play with RC1 and Trivia slides aren't working. Everything I have is segregated into sub-directories under the default CV Trivia directory. Worked up till this point then suddenly, nadda. On a few machines and systems. Is there a new bug where CV is not reading from sub-dir's suddenly?
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5