• 113(current)
v21 fTV
hi, can anyone help me with a problem using this skin on Isengard (Kodi on OpenElec 6.0).

When i hit start on a file, the file will begin to play however the skin will not disappear, instead i have to hit back a few times towards the main menu for it to show me the video. The audio is playing in the background. Has this happened to anyone else?

I mainly use the in progress tv shows view but it happens from favourites too.

Also when you hit play but stop straight away the file gets marked as 50% watched. Is this normal?
Try another skin.
(2015-11-09, 15:29)Hitcher Wrote: Do you have the toolbox script installed?
Sorry that's the first thing I should have checked. I installed and it's working now thanks.
(2015-11-10, 00:27)dave_parki_uk Wrote: hi, can anyone help me with a problem using this skin on Isengard (Kodi on OpenElec 6.0).

When i hit start on a file, the file will begin to play however the skin will not disappear, instead i have to hit back a few times towards the main menu for it to show me the video. The audio is playing in the background. Has this happened to anyone else?

I mainly use the in progress tv shows view but it happens from favourites too.

Also when you hit play but stop straight away the file gets marked as 50% watched. Is this normal?

I have the same issue. I'm using RPi2 on Kodi 15.2 on OSMC 2015.10-1 (didn't have this issue prior to the 2015.10-1 update). I don't have this issue using the OSMC default skin. Rebooting the Pi fixes the issue, however.
I am running FTV nightly on Jarvis nightly on Shield TV, connected to a 4K TV. I would like to have a 4K (2160p) GUI. Currently, the FTV GUI appears to be upsampled from 1080 and jacket art, as resized within FTV, is relatively poor quality (jagged edges).

The single biggest improvement that could help a 4K FTV experience is improving resized jacket art picture quality. I am using very high quality source jacket art, prior to caching (e.g. 2000px x 3000px).

After reading other 4K skinning threads, I have modified advancedsettings.xml as follows:

Code:
    <imagescalingalgorithm>bicubic</imagescalingalgorithm>
    <fanartres>2160</fanartres>
    <imageres>2160</imageres>

This didn't improve the picture quality, even after I deleted the database and thumbnails in the userdata folder.

Are there any quick changes to the FTV skin that could improve jacket art?

Longer term, is it possible to include higher resolution assets and support 2160 throughout the FTV skin?
I think the problem is your images are too high quality and suffer when downscaled. At 4K the images will have a height of 960px.
(2015-11-10, 00:31)Hitcher Wrote: Try another skin.

Tried with Confluence and Conq and i dont experience this behavior.
(2015-11-12, 16:44)Hitcher Wrote: I think the problem is your images are too high quality and suffer when downscaled. At 4K the images will have a height of 960px.

I ran a script to resize the poster art independent of Kodi ("sips -Z 960..."). That seems to address the jagged images. So I think your observation is correct that Kodi doesn't do as good a job resizing high resolution poster art as other image editors.

However, I also noticed that the resized images in Kodi on the 4K TV are fuzzier than viewed in Preview on my Mac. Is this because they are downsampled to 1080 rather than displayed at 2160?
(2015-11-15, 15:00)optics Wrote:
(2015-11-12, 16:44)Hitcher Wrote: I think the problem is your images are too high quality and suffer when downscaled. At 4K the images will have a height of 960px.

I ran a script to resize the poster art independent of Kodi ("sips -Z 960..."). That seems to address the jagged images. So I think your observation is correct that Kodi doesn't do as good a job resizing high resolution poster art as other image editors.

However, I also noticed that the resized images in Kodi on the 4K TV are fuzzier than viewed in Preview on my Mac. Is this because they are downsampled to 1080 rather than displayed at 2160?

feel free to sadly read this thread for better background on the gui scaling: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2150625

there isn't anything hitcher can do about it.
Hitcher, what instance of arial.ttf are you using? Thanks...
The Arial is found in Kodi not the skin.
I think I've asked this before, but I'm assuming that I'm missing something (or I'm the only user based in the U.S.). But is there any way to have FTV display the dates in a Month-Day-Year (US regional) format?

This is how my dates are displayed in Confluence:

This is how they display in FTV:

I have changed my international settings to Day/Month/Year and they'll at least display in a format that I can figure out, but I'm hoping I'm just missing something simple to allow FTV to display USA regional date codes, or I can easily modify the skin to add it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
HI, Please can someone help me install on Kodi Jarvis. As i have download the FTV Jarvis Build. When trying to install get Error "Videos Failed trying to install Addon"

Any help would be grateful. Also I am using Kodi 16 Beta 1 on Amazon FTV.
(2015-11-17, 22:25)imadunatic Wrote: I think I've asked this before, but I'm assuming that I'm missing something (or I'm the only user based in the U.S.). But is there any way to have FTV display the dates in a Month-Day-Year (US regional) format?

This is how my dates are displayed in Confluence:

This is how they display in FTV:

I have changed my international settings to Day/Month/Year and they'll at least display in a format that I can figure out, but I'm hoping I'm just missing something simple to allow FTV to display USA regional date codes, or I can easily modify the skin to add it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I agree. This would be nice to be fixed.
Changing the international settings has no affect on the formatting of the premiered date label unfortunately. I'm using variables to display the date as 19 November 2014 from the scraped info which is 19/11/2014 but what's happening in your case I think is the scraper is getting that as 11/19/2014 so the month doesn't display.
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fTV42