• 31(current)
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
@ DarkAngel

Thanks so much....
Thank you @ DarkAngel

I will try this asap.

Will you continue your work with Jarvis?
I will ... if I have enough time. Job and family come first Wink
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
Your build is working perfectly....thank you very much.
First of all, thank you for this wonderful patch!

I am using this since XBMC 13, as it enables me to output via spdif to a 7.1 receiver, and simultaneously to a bluetooth headset which is used by my wife (who is hearing impaired).

Unfortunately, the 15.2 version is not working for my setup.

Everything is working if I have both audio outputs enabled ... but as soon as I disable the second output (which is the bluetooth headset), kodi crashes as soon as I open any video file.

Disabling the second output is vital for me, as I do not need the second output all the time ... and I can't keep it enabled, because when the headset is switched off, the corresponding ALSA device is not available in the system.

Does anybody have the same issue?

regards,
Mike
(2015-01-07, 20:42)ReMi Wrote: Rofl SUCCESS ! Rofl

Installed fresh KodiBuntu and done the steps as below and now Kodi-DA builds with success Nod

Code:
apt-get build-dep xbmc (on XBMCBuntu)
apt-get build-dep kodi (on KodiBuntu)
sudo apt-get install automake autopoint bison build-essential ccache cmake curl cvs default-jre fp-compiler gawk gdc gettext git-core gperf libasound2-dev libass-dev libavcodec-dev libavfilter-dev libavformat-dev libavutil-dev libbluetooth-dev libbluray-dev libbluray1 libboost-dev libboost-thread-dev libbz2-dev libcap-dev libcdio-dev libcec-dev libcec1 libcrystalhd-dev libcrystalhd3 libcurl3 libcurl4-gnutls-dev libcwiid-dev libcwiid1 libdbus-1-dev libenca-dev libflac-dev libfontconfig-dev libfreetype6-dev libfribidi-dev libglew-dev libiso9660-dev libjasper-dev libjpeg-dev libltdl-dev liblzo2-dev libmad0-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmodplug-dev libmp3lame-dev libmpeg2-4-dev libmpeg3-dev libmysqlclient-dev libnfs-dev libogg-dev libpcre3-dev libplist-dev libpng-dev libpostproc-dev libpulse-dev libsamplerate-dev libsdl-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libshairport-dev libsmbclient-dev libsqlite3-dev libssh-dev libssl-dev libswscale-dev libtiff-dev libtinyxml-dev libtool libudev-dev libusb-dev libva-dev libva-egl1 libva-tpi1 libvdpau-dev libvorbisenc2 libxml2-dev libxmu-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libxslt1-dev libxt-dev libyajl-dev mesa-utils nasm pmount python-dev python-imaging python-sqlite swig unzip yasm zip zlib1g-dev -y

cd /tmp
wget http://taglib.github.io/releases/taglib-1.9.1.tar.gz
tar xvzf taglib-1.9.1.tar.gz
cd taglib-1.9.1
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local -DCMAKE_RELEASE_TYPE=Release .
./configure
make
make install

cd /tmp
git clone https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs
cd libnfs
./bootstrap
./configure
make
make install

cd /tmp
git clone git://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libcec.git
cd libcec
./bootstrap
./configure
make
make install

cd /tmp
git clone https://github.com/xhbl/Kodi_dualaudio
cd Kodi_dualaudio/
git branch -v -a  [not required, but will show you what options (branches) are available]
git branch -t remotes/origin/Helix-DA
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-external-libraries
make
make install

Update for Kodi 15.2

needed the libcec-dev as well for CEC
Code:
wget http://packages.pulse-eight.net/ubuntu/install-libcec.sh
chmod 777 install-libcec.sh
./install-libcec.sh
apt-get update
apt-get install libcec-dev

Now update kodi
Code:
cd /tmp
git clone https://github.com/xhbl/Kodi_dualaudio
cd Kodi_dualaudio/
git branch -v -a  [not required, but will show you what options (branches) are available]
git branch -t remotes/origin/Isengard-DA
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-external-libraries

to solve this error AddonManager.h:33:41: fatal error: lib/cpluff/libcpluff/cpluff.h: No such file or directory
edit xbmc/addons/AddonManager.h
-#include "lib/cpluff/libcpluff/cpluff.h"
+#include "cpluff/libcpluff/cpluff.h"

edit xbmc/addons/DllLibCPluff.h

edit xbmc/guilib/GUIStaticItem.h
-#include "xbmc/FileItem.h"
+#include "FileItem.h"

edit xbmc/network/upnp/UPnPServer.cpp
-#include "xbmc/GUIUserMessages.h"
+#include "GUIUserMessages.h"

edit xbmc/pictures/DllLibExif.h
-#include "lib/libexif/libexif.h"
+#include "libexif/libexif.h"

edit xbmc/addons/AddonManager.h

edit xbmc/filesystem/DllHDHomeRun.h
-#include "lib/libhdhomerun/hdhomerun.h"
+#include "libhdhomerun/hdhomerun.h"

edit xbmc/filesystem/SlingboxFile.cpp
-#include "lib/SlingboxLib/SlingboxLib.h"
+#include "SlingboxLib/SlingboxLib.h"

to solve this error: xbmc/playlists/PlayListM3U.h: No such file or directory
edit xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.cpp
-#include "xbmc/playlists/PlayListM3U.h"
+#include "playlists/PlayListM3U.h"

make (or use "LANG=C make")
make install
(2015-11-18, 15:47)MikeDK Wrote: First of all, thank you for this wonderful patch!

I am using this since XBMC 13, as it enables me to output via spdif to a 7.1 receiver, and simultaneously to a bluetooth headset which is used by my wife (who is hearing impaired).

Unfortunately, the 15.2 version is not working for my setup.

Everything is working if I have both audio outputs enabled ... but as soon as I disable the second output (which is the bluetooth headset), kodi crashes as soon as I open any video file.

Disabling the second output is vital for me, as I do not need the second output all the time ... and I can't keep it enabled, because when the headset is switched off, the corresponding ALSA device is not available in the system.

Does anybody have the same issue?

regards,
Mike
Same Issue here, Zotac Zbox AD04 (with AMD), maybe this can be fixed please!!! I don´t need dual audio all the time, just for my wife(she doesn´t know, how to switch...)
regards Setternixe
I tried to install the DA today in Win 10, Kodi version 15.2 without success. I downloaded from page one of this thread and relabeled the exe and 4 dll's. I can go into Kodi and perform the setup but after a second it stops working. I tried a couple configurations with no success. My setup was :
Audio1 Direct default, 2 channel, no pass through
Audio 2 WASPi,SPDIF, Pass through

When I try to exit Kodi the PC hangs and I wind up rebooting. I tried this earlier this year as I was new to Kodi and had enough new install challenges so I went back to a simpler setup. I could really get this working as my TV in the kitchen gets the audio through HDMI and I want my home theater to utilize the optical output to my preamp/processor. I am not sure what info you need to help out and your patience with me is appreciated.

John
I read back through the thread and saw someone's post on permissions. I checked the permissions on kodi executable and found it was not full control! I am now working! This is awesome! Time to donate
John
Is this addon working with audio DSP addon?
(2015-12-31, 14:51)cert_ Wrote: Is this addon working with audio DSP addon?

I guess no, because it is an hack. Several post before you can read that DualAudio duplicates our entire audio engine, which is really bad. AudioDSP doesn't support this behaviour.
Latest news about AudioDSP and my libraries is available on Twitter.

Developers can follow me on Github.
On the DA OE 5.0.8 raspberry Pi 2 build by DarkAngel, I only get the "boost center channel" option for the first audio device. However, if I enable this, it effects both devices (HDMI and optical hifiberry in my case). Is this an inevitable limitation or a bug somehow?
Hi

I have installed OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64.DA-6.0.0.tar on my HTPC and now Kodi reloads each time I try to stream video. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone know how it can be fixed?

I could stream fine with the official OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.0, apart from the fact that I didn't have dual audio.

This is taken from the Kodi log just before it reloads:
Code:
21:09:50 T:139732589574016 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
21:09:50 T:139729756309248  NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
21:09:50 T:139729756309248  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
21:09:51 T:139729756309248  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
21:09:51 T:139729840236288  NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
21:09:52 T:139729756309248  NOTICE: Opening stream: 0 source: 256
21:09:52 T:139729756309248  NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 28
21:09:52 T:139729756309248  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
21:09:52 T:139729756309248  NOTICE: Creating video thread
21:09:52 T:139729756309248  NOTICE: Opening stream: 1 source: 256
21:09:52 T:139729756309248  NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86018
21:09:52 T:139729739523840  NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayerVideo start, auto delete: false
21:09:52 T:139729739523840  NOTICE: running thread: video_thread
21:09:52 T:139729756309248  NOTICE: Creating audio thread
21:09:52 T:139729806665472  NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayerAudio start, auto delete: false
21:09:52 T:139729806665472  NOTICE: running thread: CDVDPlayerAudio::Process()
21:09:52 T:139729739523840  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::GetFormat - Creating VDPAU(624x360)
21:09:52 T:139729806665472  NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86018, channels: 2, sample rate: 44100, no pass-through)

Thanks
Try configuring the settings for both audio channels.
OpenELEC 6.0.1. DualAudio builds available. Link is in my signature.
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9