• 144(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Brazen1 What a FIND !... I ROFL'ed reading all the 18+ genre's present in Madnox...
the whole disaster genre naming is a disaster Wink
If you want to add your own genres without NFO files then use script.libraryeditor to append them to your existing library items. Alternatively if you just want to have a quick way to separate and manage movies then you can use tags and just add whatever movies you want to the disaster tag and use that as a smartplaylist rule.
the relevant genre images is all my fault, yes I did a heads up for people who like the adult side of things, just took a list of common genres and copied / created the images. But I think the majority of them will be removed soon if / when I can do the skin clean up and jarvis upgrade. It's a lot to do and time / motivation has been an issue, sorry. the same with music and movie genres, Schimi and I did a head start on the genres images as well.

Apologies to all who are having freezing issue, i do intend to try and update the skin for Jarvis but it is unknown if that will resolve the issue or not and as you know we cannot find the issue as when kodi freezes so does windows and as such it does not write anything to the log file that could be helpful in finding the issue(s).
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
hehe its funny... when you dont have enough " alternatives " everybody wants that we add some new - now we have almost all genres out there ( incl. the 18+ ! ) and now its not good again...maybe we should make for everything a seperate "pack" if we release a rc/final version one day... genre, backrounds etc and release just a naked madnox ...but if we do that, i see these postings " why is there no backround/genre etc " ... whatever we do - it wont make everybody happy Wink

and because of the disaster genre disaster ( hehe ) - thats one reason why i scrape all my stuff with a local media manager ( like mediaelch or ember ) - so i have FULL Controll what i get
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Hah Hah... a "Nakeed Madnox" !! indeed that WILL be a hit !
Its alright Mike & Schimi.. I dont think any one is complaining that there are 18+ genre's and frankly unless somebody adds such genre it will never be called upon by a user . so DONT worry ... this is the least of your worries. there are bigger things to fry.
I have to admit something here: I think our beloved skin ( due to NO One's fault ) is now lagging behind what other skins are able to achieve.
I have been quite closed & happy with all Nox4 iterations down the line with Shednox and Madnox and all. But we have to wake up smell the coffee and look at what else has been achieved by other skinners ;
1- Animated GIF support & related Dynamic views ( using extentedinfo / skin.helper)
2- skin.helper integration
3-Modular Widgets
4-Widgets from skin.helper
5-.STRM support for displaying artwork & library integration re playback stats

What COULD be done AFTER Code updating /cleanup with no more freezes
1- re working of Widgets with option to get widgets from anything ESP favourites
2- Pictures Support Built in Homescreen With Widgets-------------- or at least the option to enable
3-Games Support " " " " " " " "
4- further Animated GIF option for the whole Home Screen ( Schimi you know there are whole lot of Animated Cinemagraph stuff available that could be made available as a pack.. I could help organizing that )
3- Comics Support Built in Homescreen with Widget Support --- or at least the option to enable

But as I said ALL these are Wishlists --- the most important stuff is to get our Beloved stable with Jarvis. And then we should think about Moving ON.... maybe trying not to hold on to what we know used to be the best ... but what could STILL be the best.
I wish I could Code & was proficient with Skinning but Alas ... I am a Doc of a different kind.
Mike_Doc has been through quite a lot and we cannot expect him to delve into this completely--- Schimi's expertise lies in GFX so its going to be a waiting game unless some master skinner like phil/hitcher etc etc could help out.
PHEW --- thats some weight off my chest !
Just a small "bug" in low list view (maybe in other views too).

When you edit a movie to group it into movie set (using Kodi menus), you have a double Discart (first movie + movies from movie set) :

Default movie set from scraper :

Custom movie set Comics with bug :

After editing Viewtype_LowList.xml and adding a new condition in line 527 :

Code:
<visible>Container.Content(movies) + !SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://movies/sets/) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(discart))</visible>

Everything is OK :

Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2015-12-01, 12:33)mikebzh44 Wrote: Just a small "bug" in low list view (maybe in other views too).

When you edit a movie to group it into movie set (using Kodi menus), you have a double Discart (first movie + movies from movie set) :

Default movie set from scraper :

Custom movie set Comics with bug :

After editing Viewtype_LowList.xml and adding a new condition in line 527 :

Code:
<visible>Container.Content(movies) + !SubString(ListItem.Path,videodb://movies/sets/) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(discart))</visible>

Everything is OK :

thx buddy... will add it and it will be in the next push...

@shaktoo
you are a pure optimist Wink ... Mike and me are realy fighting against the "quit" word atm... so at least i dont even think about new features or changing or widgets hehe Wink
but the fight is not over ... yet
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Keep Fighting the good fight or in words of Liam Neeson : Into the Fray !!!
--- Into the Fray ---
Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live or die on this day
Live or die on this day
Love this Scene & Music ---- the Poem is so so but combine all these & tears well up EVERYTIME I SEE THIS !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A_o0ZBoSdA

The "Q" word has been erased form your dictionary guys !
(2015-12-01, 01:26)meowmoo Wrote:
(2015-12-01, 00:26)BugRaider84 Wrote: Hi Schimi,

maybe this helps, if not it was only a wast of my time so no worries there.
Since today I'm running Kodi 16.0 Beta2 from the main page on a Mac (latest OS - 64bit) with Madnox and so far no freeze or crash at all. Maybe its a Windows based problem?

so long

im a sad openelec user, with freezes Confused

Took my Mac 24h, since then I had several freezes... Sad

(2015-12-01, 11:26)Mike_Doc Wrote: Apologies to all who are having freezing issue, i do intend to try and update the skin for Jarvis but it is unknown if that will resolve the issue or not and as you know we cannot find the issue as when kodi freezes so does windows and as such it does not write anything to the log file that could be helpful in finding the issue(s).

Hm, OSX is not freezing while the application is, I can simply go to my desktop and force quit Kodi. Do you think it would keep writing the log file while Kodi is freezing? I'll give the log file a try later on...
I've noticed on win 10 that sometimes I can access the taskbar aft a kodi freeze but if I try to close Kodi it just doesn't happen so I can't force close kodi and generally have to reboot. When I check the log afterwards then there is no info at all that seems to be connected to the freeze so I just presuming that it can't write anything while frozen? could be wrong of course.
Does anyone have an idea how to force it to freeze? Now that I want to create a log its not doing it anymore ...
try going in / out of music viz, think that's been a common freeze issue.
edit

there it is
hope it helps
Log
that's the problem, its random, could be entering into any widget, main menu etc and there is NO log associated with this freeze.
Skin would function pretty normal for a while & BAM all of a sudden.
(2015-12-01, 16:36)shaktoo Wrote: that's the problem, its random, could be entering into any widget, main menu etc and there is NO log associated with this freeze.
Skin would function pretty normal for a while & BAM all of a sudden.

So far on my mac it only froze while going into movies or tv shows ...
  • 144(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39