• 8(current)
Release Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)
I think I would prefer the "No" option as well, so that is a welcome addition. The skin for me seems to be looking and working great for the most part! Here are a few things I've noticed:

1. When resuming playback of live tv from the widget it doesn't actually resume, but starts from the beginning, not sure if this was talked about before. It seems to resume fine if I go to the recordings and play it from there.

2. The Simple List (PVR) View, I actually prefer to use extended for myself, but for this view it might make better sense to have the Title field come before the date? As it is now, visually my eye is drawn to the date instead of the title. I think it is nice to have the date still there, but move it to the right. And to add to that, would it make better sense to use the episode title instead of the show title? That could be nice for all of the different views as well.

3. Would it be possible to add an option to show channel numbers but not channel names in the guide? It's probably kind of a selfish request, but I only have about 15 channels that I get ota, and mentally associate the channel numbers with the stations. I know you have an option to show icons with names, but it might round it out to have an option for the other way too. When I select "do not display channel names in guide" it only shows the icons.

Thank you so much for you continued support and dedication to the best skin out there!
(2015-12-01, 21:22)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-29, 00:25)diedrichg Wrote: 6. Back to my first request for the Titan home tile as a placeholder: I see the PNG in the folder. I see the code pointing to it in the xml file. But when I start Kodi I see the "missing image" image rather than titan.png. This is after deleting the Movies home tile and then adding it again.
6) Do you still have an issue with the fallback icon? It appears to be working fine on my testsetup
Well, I can't get it to display the 'missing image' image after a TV tile thumb reset but I'm still not seeing the titan.png fallback image on startup and am seeing the Breaking Bad TV show thumb. Below is what I see for the first few seconds (A) during startup and then it populates with the random TV show thumb (B).
(2015-12-04, 16:40)marcelveldt Wrote: Well, it's just an extra option. Users can enable it if they like.
In fact, there might be more users interested in having that dialog default to NO.

Thanks. That would be great.

Here is something else you might know the answer too. I asked this elsewhere, but got no answer. When you look at your shows that are scheduled to record, the usual stuff is there along with Season, episode and genre. After it records the show, that info is not able to be queried. It is in the database of all the recordings that the client controls, but a query for those fields return nothing. Just hit the program info key and see genre comes up unknown. You built all those nice $VARs for this info, but it's not working on the recordings. Is this the fault of the pvr client add on? It passes those fields on a scheduled show, but not a recorded one. Different database, but the same info is in both. It also resides in the xml that is written for each recording. I'm just trying to figure out how all this works. Thanks for your time.
(2015-12-04, 21:20)Spellman Wrote: 1. When resuming playback of live tv from the widget it doesn't actually resume, but starts from the beginning, not sure if this was talked about before. It seems to resume fine if I go to the recordings and play it from there.

2. The Simple List (PVR) View, I actually prefer to use extended for myself, but for this view it might make better sense to have the Title field come before the date? As it is now, visually my eye is drawn to the date instead of the title. I think it is nice to have the date still there, but move it to the right. And to add to that, would it make better sense to use the episode title instead of the show title? That could be nice for all of the different views as well.

3. Would it be possible to add an option to show channel numbers but not channel names in the guide? It's probably kind of a selfish request, but I only have about 15 channels that I get ota, and mentally associate the channel numbers with the stations. I know you have an option to show icons with names, but it might round it out to have an option for the other way too. When I select "do not display channel names in guide" it only shows the icons.

1) Fixed. Will be available in next beta.

2) I have swapped the title and date, I think t's better now indeed. Available in next beta.

3) This is already possible, I've added that a while back. Skin Settings --> Live TV --> Do not display channel names.
(2015-12-04, 22:01)diedrichg Wrote: Well, I can't get it to display the 'missing image' image after a TV tile thumb reset but I'm still not seeing the titan.png fallback image on startup and am seeing the Breaking Bad TV show thumb. Below is what I see for the first few seconds (A) during startup and then it populates with the random TV show thumb (B).

I'm afraid the only solution would be if you reset your shortcuts to the defaults...
Skin settings --> Configure shortcuts --> Restore shortcuts
Create a backup first to be safe.
(2015-12-05, 00:06)fishersman Wrote: Here is something else you might know the answer too. I asked this elsewhere, but got no answer. When you look at your shows that are scheduled to record, the usual stuff is there along with Season, episode and genre. After it records the show, that info is not able to be queried. It is in the database of all the recordings that the client controls, but a query for those fields return nothing. Just hit the program info key and see genre comes up unknown. You built all those nice $VARs for this info, but it's not working on the recordings. Is this the fault of the pvr client add on? It passes those fields on a scheduled show, but not a recorded one. Different database, but the same info is in both. It also resides in the xml that is written for each recording. I'm just trying to figure out how all this works. Thanks for your time.

1) Next beta will contain a setting to set the default button to NO in the confirmation dialog (skin settings --> advanced at the bottom)

2) Well, this is actually a Kodi bug I'm afraid. Looks like the genre info isn't pulled for recordings while it is for Tv channels and timers. I have just created a small workaround for this to use the genre that was stored by the skinhelper addon (for the pvr artwork). Note that this only works for the genre label, the others aren't stored in the skinhelper.
(2015-12-06, 02:05)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 22:01)diedrichg Wrote: Well, I can't get it to display the 'missing image' image after a TV tile thumb reset but I'm still not seeing the titan.png fallback image on startup and am seeing the Breaking Bad TV show thumb. Below is what I see for the first few seconds (A) during startup and then it populates with the random TV show thumb (B).

I'm afraid the only solution would be if you reset your shortcuts to the defaults...
Skin settings --> Configure shortcuts --> Restore shortcuts
Create a backup first to be safe.

1. Okay, that worked. I see the titan.png but it's not scaled to fit the tile. I created the image to the exact dimensions of the other home tiles, why does it not fit the tile?

2. For the default theme I've come to dislike the square navigation icons such as Home, Return, etc (Charcoal theme uses them too). I don't like how they are antialiased around the edges, it makes them look fuzzy. I'd be glad to clean them up and flatten them with a border to match the other themes. I'd be happy to provide different colors that users could enable too. I'd need the original files though.
(2015-12-06, 02:17)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-12-05, 00:06)fishersman Wrote: Here is something else you might know the answer too. I asked this elsewhere, but got no answer. When you look at your shows that are scheduled to record, the usual stuff is there along with Season, episode and genre. After it records the show, that info is not able to be queried. It is in the database of all the recordings that the client controls, but a query for those fields return nothing. Just hit the program info key and see genre comes up unknown. You built all those nice $VARs for this info, but it's not working on the recordings. Is this the fault of the pvr client add on? It passes those fields on a scheduled show, but not a recorded one. Different database, but the same info is in both. It also resides in the xml that is written for each recording. I'm just trying to figure out how all this works. Thanks for your time.

1) Next beta will contain a setting to set the default button to NO in the confirmation dialog (skin settings --> advanced at the bottom)

2) Well, this is actually a Kodi bug I'm afraid. Looks like the genre info isn't pulled for recordings while it is for Tv channels and timers. I have just created a small workaround for this to use the genre that was stored by the skinhelper addon (for the pvr artwork). Note that this only works for the genre label, the others aren't stored in the skinhelper.

1) Thanks
2)I found where the trouble is on Genre. The genre_translation.xml was in error. I was able to find a valid copy and everything on Genre is good now. Any chance of season and episode?
(2015-12-06, 02:03)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 21:20)Spellman Wrote: 1. When resuming playback of live tv from the widget it doesn't actually resume, but starts from the beginning, not sure if this was talked about before. It seems to resume fine if I go to the recordings and play it from there.

1) Fixed. Will be available in next beta.

2) I have swapped the title and date, I think t's better now indeed. Available in next beta.

3) This is already possible, I've added that a while back. Skin Settings --> Live TV --> Do not display channel names.

1. Thanks, works great now!

2. Looks great, I think it will be a welcome change!

3. I've tried that option and did some digging. It works unless you have TV channel icons loaded in kodi. When you have channel icons it doesn't display the channel number with that option, it seems to be replacing it with the icon.
(2015-12-06, 13:08)fishersman Wrote:
(2015-12-06, 02:17)marcelveldt Wrote:

1) Thanks
2)I found where the trouble is on Genre. The genre_translation.xml was in error. I was able to find a valid copy and everything on Genre is good now. Any chance of season and episode?

I spoke a little too soon on this. While I do have genre displayed, they are movie genre, not TV. While most are the same, some are not. The genre_translation.xml maps the genre to the hard coded Genre ID's for Kodi and either Kodi doesn't have them or somethings missing from the mediaporta addon. This is mediaportal specific, so I asked over there.
With this new update it wont let me use my youtube subscriptions as a widget anymore,

it gives me the error
Quote:Exception in ContentPovider
Mapping for path '/special/new_uploaded_videos_tv/&reload=2015120723026&reload=20151207230340' not found
I get a skin helper error when i try to change the home screen layout under german UI:

Code:
NOTICE: Skin Helper Service --> Parameter string: {'ACTION': 'setskinsetting', 'HEADER': 'Bitte w\xc3\xa4hlen Sie Ihre Startbildschirmanordnung aus', 'SETTING': 'HomeLayout'}
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                       - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                      Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                      Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 25-26: ordinal not in range(128)
                      Traceback (most recent call last):
                        File "C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Kodi_Alpha\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.service\default.py", line 229, in <module>
                          Main()
                        File "C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Kodi_Alpha\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.service\default.py", line 58, in __init__
                          setSkinSetting(setting,windowHeader)
                        File "C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Kodi_Alpha\portable_data\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\MainModule.py", line 300, in setSkinSetting
                          description = xbmc.getInfoLabel(description)
                      UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 25-26: ordinal not in range(128)
                      -->End of Python script error report<--

Probably there are more problems with german umlauts (ä,ö,ü) but i haven't tested all settings.
Is there a bug with the You Tube app?, I've signed into my YT account but keep getting no You Tube channels found ( or something along them lines ). And nothing works?

Ps I'm running this skin on a Nvidea Shield device.
(2015-12-06, 04:08)diedrichg Wrote: 1. Okay, that worked. I see the titan.png but it's not scaled to fit the tile. I created the image to the exact dimensions of the other home tiles, why does it not fit the tile?

2. For the default theme I've come to dislike the square navigation icons such as Home, Return, etc (Charcoal theme uses them too). I don't like how they are antialiased around the edges, it makes them look fuzzy. I'd be glad to clean them up and flatten them with a border to match the other themes. I'd be happy to provide different colors that users could enable too. I'd need the original files though.

1) What home layout are you using ?

2) You mean the touchscreen icons in the footer ? They should be colored dynamically by the skin. I only use white textures for all elements in the skin and white can be replaced dynamically by another color so if you want to have different icons, deliver me white versions of the icons and I can include them. Maybe possible best to discuss this with @Simograndi because he created all icons in the first place.

Atm the icons are not 100% white so they are not dynamically colored.This was on my TODO list for a rainy day ;-)

Maybe the best way to get this right is to just use the normal button layout and draw the actual icon on top of it.
Just like all other buttons in the skin but the text is replaced by the icon image. I will do some testing if I can get that right with some default icons.
(2015-12-06, 21:58)fishersman Wrote: I spoke a little too soon on this. While I do have genre displayed, they are movie genre, not TV. While most are the same, some are not. The genre_translation.xml maps the genre to the hard coded Genre ID's for Kodi and either Kodi doesn't have them or somethings missing from the mediaporta addon. This is mediaportal specific, so I asked over there.

I use tvheadend myself and I'm also missing the infolabels for recordings, seems to be a Kodi issue.
Did you already file a bug report on the forums or trac ?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan skin version 3.6.x (Kodi 16 Jarvis)11