• 385(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2015-12-08, 04:47)Manic D Wrote: It happened while my fingers accidentally pushed into the cable while I was upgrading the SSD.

looks like you separated the pins from the pads -- all 7 of them. Pretty easy solder repair for someone who knows what they are doing. PM/email me if you aren't comfortable doing it and I'll take care of it.
(2015-12-08, 07:33)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 04:47)Manic D Wrote: It happened while my fingers accidentally pushed into the cable while I was upgrading the SSD.

looks like you separated the pins from the pads -- all 7 of them. Pretty easy solder repair for someone who knows what they are doing. PM/email me if you aren't comfortable doing it and I'll take care of it.

Thanks for the offer. I can have it done locally; it's not something I can do myself. Hopefully it shouldn't cost more than it's worth.

Now I'm worried about the gaming PC I'm looking to build soon. It's easy to mess something up if you're not careful.
New here and just setup Openelec for the first time on my Asus Chromebox. Install went smoothly and got Kodi up and running but I have a couple questions. I currently have openelec installed on a USB and not the SSD.

1 - Because I installed it on the USB does that mean Suspend will not work in Kodi? I have turned on the suspend option but when ever I go back to the Chromebox (touch the keyboard or mouse) and wake it up its at the Chrome bios screen, not Kodi, and I have to go through CTRL-L to boot from the USB again.

2 - When I boot to Legacy BIOS (CTRL-L) I have to hit ESC and then pick the USB to boot from otherwise if I let it time out it tries to boot from the SSD. Is there anyway to have it boot from the USB by default?

I am sure making Openelec standalone or dual boot (on the SSD) would eliminate these issues but since installing on USB was the quickest easiest solution I am hoping its achievable this way.
(2015-12-08, 17:56)bcam01 Wrote: New here and just setup Openelec for the first time on my Asus Chromebox. Install went smoothly and got Kodi up and running but I have a couple questions. I currently have openelec installed on a USB and not the SSD.

1 - Because I installed it on the USB does that mean Suspend will not work in Kodi? I have turned on the suspend option but when ever I go back to the Chromebox (touch the keyboard or mouse) and wake it up its at the Chrome bios screen, not Kodi, and I have to go through CTRL-L to boot from the USB again.

2 - When I boot to Legacy BIOS (CTRL-L) I have to hit ESC and then pick the USB to boot from otherwise if I let it time out it tries to boot from the SSD. Is there anyway to have it boot from the USB by default?

I am sure making Openelec standalone or dual boot (on the SSD) would eliminate these issues but since installing on USB was the quickest easiest solution I am hoping its achievable this way.

1) resume from suspend doesn't work with the stock firmware, known issue listed on the wiki. You'll need to use the standalone firmware for it to work properly.

2) run the script and choose the update legacy bios option. It will prompt you to default to booting from USB
(2015-12-08, 18:12)Matt Devo Wrote: 1) resume from suspend doesn't work with the stock firmware, known issue listed on the wiki. You'll need to use the standalone firmware for it to work properly.

2) run the script and choose the update legacy bios option. It will prompt you to default to booting from USB

Thanks. Since I don't think I'll be using ChromeOS I'll just make this a standalone Openelec.
Hi, im now able to use the logitech k400 on boot and press the ESC key to pick the drive i want to boot from. Guess is working thanks to latest firmware.
Using standalone setup (coreboot firmware).
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2015-12-08, 23:44)Veronica Wrote: Hi, im now able to use the logitech k400 on boot and press the ESC key to pick the drive i want to boot from. Guess is working thanks to latest firmware.
Yep, have been some USB3-related fixes in SeaBIOS recently.
Hi everyone.
I have been running my openelec/kodi setup for 6 months and i am more than happy. However my version are old and i would like to update kodi and openelec. Spent last hour searching for information, but can't find anything.
How do i do that?
(2015-12-10, 21:17)mandzhalas Wrote: Hi everyone.
I have been running my openelec/kodi setup for 6 months and i am more than happy. However my version are old and i would like to update kodi and openelec. Spent last hour searching for information, but can't find anything.
How do i do that?
It's on the wiki page under Updating OpenELEC. Not sure how you missed it Smile
so just install on top of old versions?
(2015-12-10, 21:47)mandzhalas Wrote: so just install on top of old versions?
No, upgrading will complete replace the existing OpenELEC/Kodi version. Just follow the instructions.
(2015-12-08, 23:46)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 23:44)Veronica Wrote: Hi, im now able to use the logitech k400 on boot and press the ESC key to pick the drive i want to boot from. Guess is working thanks to latest firmware.
Yep, have been some USB3-related fixes in SeaBIOS recently.
Yes, i read your comment about that somewhere, its great thanks. The only thing that is odd is that the boot menu is displayed in small low res window, then it starts loading windows in my case in another resolution, finally when lockscreen window is reached it scales to 1080p.

(2015-12-11, 03:03)Veronica Wrote: Yes, i read your comment about that somewhere, its great thanks. The only thing that is odd is that the boot menu is displayed in small low res window, then it starts loading windows in my case in another resolution, finally when lockscreen window is reached it scales to 1080p.

that's the expected behavior. The video BIOS (which is run by SeaBIOS) inits the display, setting it to the highest VESA resolution reported as supported by the display - in the case of your TV, that's 640x480 @ 60Hz. Then Windows starts to load, and sets the video resolution based on who knows what, to 1024x768. Finally, Windows loads the display driver, and the resolution is set to the display's native resolution (or the user set resolution).

With my 24" Dell monitor, it gets set to 1900x1200 @ 60Hz from the get go and stays that way. It just depends on the attached display.
But that's the first time i see it does something like that.
Before the seabios menu used the whole display, at list for Linux <=14.04 if i recall well and openelec long time ago.
(2015-12-11, 06:08)Veronica Wrote: But that's the first time i see it does something like that.
Before the seabios menu used the whole display, at list for Linux <=14.04 if i recall well and openelec long time ago.

it's possibly related to the updated video BIOS included in the most recent update. Hard to say since I can't reproduce it here
  • 385(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37