• 120(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
MediaElch needs at least Qt 5.3 but Ubuntu 14.04 only has 5.2 in its repositories. So you need to find a PPA with Qt 5.3 (or higher) for Ubuntu 14.04. Maybe someone else knows a PPA with Qt 5.3 and up for 14.04?
Well this might help: http://sysads.co.uk/2014/05/install-qt-5...ntu-14-04/

Big Grin

Greetz,

_J@n_
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
thanks, I had actually installed qt5.5 from their site.. installed this in addition but however does not seem to update the libqt5core5a..
am I missing something?
These packages don't update the database in your package manager. They install Qt in your home directory or in /opt, /usr/local or elsewhere. Your default system wide installation is still Qt 5.2 coming from the apt sources.
But now that you have installed Qt 5.5 you can compile MediaElch on your own from the source code. It maybe just a little bit complicated if you've never used Linux before or don't have compiled software on your own.
I was afraid, you were going to say that ;-) I followed the instructions on your site, but when I get to "qmake .. && make" I get the following error:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quickwidgets quick qml
Looks like you are not using the correct Qt version. If you just type "qmake" then it will use the default version installed by your package manager (which should be in /usr/bin). Where did you install Qt 5.5? And was it the version from www.qt.io?
(2015-12-10, 21:16)SKEESiCKS Wrote: I was afraid, you were going to say that ;-) I followed the instructions on your site, but when I get to "qmake .. && make" I get the following error:

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: quickwidgets quick qml

I have a ridiculous time compiling anything from CLI when the default qt version isn't the required version by something, MediaElch included (though the newer QT requirement is a more recent thing, older versions not that long ago still compiled fine without the newer stuff).

What I ended up doing, while not ideal because its harder to create my own packages from, is just installing the required QT version and modules from the official QT site, loading the mediaelch project in Qt Creator, and compiling the project from there and skipping CLI/that environment entirely.
I can build and run it from within QT Creator, but it doesn't seem to be producing an "executable" standalone program.. It seems I have to run it always via QT creator, that's not the way it's supposed to work is it'?
When you've already built it within Qt Creator and you can run it, then there is also an executable. It should be in the build directory you've set up in Qt Creator, maybe in a subfolder "release". Just look for a file named "MediaElch" Wink
(2015-12-12, 00:28)Komet Wrote: When you've already built it within Qt Creator and you can run it, then there is also an executable. It should be in the build directory you've set up in Qt Creator, maybe in a subfolder "release". Just look for a file named "MediaElch" Wink

Thanks for your patience.. I am still learning.. the QT build process has created a "build-MediaElch-Desktop_Qt_5_5_1_GCC_64bit-Debug" directory with a lot of files in there - aprox.315,5 MB large.. There is a file inside called "MediaElch" but it is presented as "unknown" by the filemanager. I have set it to executable with chmod +x and it seems to have done the trick...
Can I rename and move the folder somewhere else and then create a .desktop file for this afterwards? Or do I only need the "MediaElch" file? Sorry for all the questions, I feel I am 99% there, but I am still doing baby steps on my Linux learning curve.

really appreciate all your help!!
Just open a terminal, cd into the build directory and type "sudo make install". This will install MediaElch system wide and also add the .desktop file. Afterwards it is safe to delete the build directory and all its contents.
nothing seems to be loading in music is the scraper down?
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
(2015-12-12, 13:33)Komet Wrote: Just open a terminal, cd into the build directory and type "sudo make install". This will install MediaElch system wide and also add the .desktop file. Afterwards it is safe to delete the build directory and all its contents.

Thanks - that worked perfectly!

Now for a "real" bug report :-) :

- it seems srt and other subtitle files are properly renamed, but not moved to the new folder during mass rename e.g. form "Season 1" to "Season 01"
- is there a possibility to have multiple episode files renamed to S01E01E02E03 instead of S01E01-03? I checked your renamer link, but it is not very detailed and only relates to movies...
Hi!

I'm a first time user of MediaElch, having decided to give it a try since I'm migrating my media server to a Linux box. I'm testing the program on Windows 7 before I commit to installing it on my server.

I've added my Movies folder as a source, and it scanned 99% of my movies fine. The only ones I have a problem with are ones with an ampersand (&) in the path -- like "Fast & Furious\Fast & Furious.nfo" for example. MediaElch doesn't seem to find the information from the .nfo file in that path.

I've tried searching this thread for a solution, but my search-fu was failing me, so I'm posting about it.

Is there anything I do in MediaElch to get it to read these files? Or should I just rename my problem files and put "and" instead of "&"? (Doesn't worry me if I have to do this -- it's a fairly simple thing to do)

Thanks in advance!

~Jondar
(2015-12-13, 14:35)Jondar Wrote: Hi!

I'm a first time user of MediaElch, having decided to give it a try since I'm migrating my media server to a Linux box. I'm testing the program on Windows 7 before I commit to installing it on my server.

I've added my Movies folder as a source, and it scanned 99% of my movies fine. The only ones I have a problem with are ones with an ampersand (&) in the path -- like "Fast & Furious\Fast & Furious.nfo" for example. MediaElch doesn't seem to find the information from the .nfo file in that path.

I've tried searching this thread for a solution, but my search-fu was failing me, so I'm posting about it.

Is there anything I do in MediaElch to get it to read these files? Or should I just rename my problem files and put "and" instead of "&"? (Doesn't worry me if I have to do this -- it's a fairly simple thing to do)

Thanks in advance!

~Jondar

Best way to avoid problems now and in the future would be to replace the "&" by "and". Just checked my library (using Linux host) and my favourite tool FileBot. FileBot suggests to replace the & (calls it "validate") and I haven't found any files containing an "&" in my entire library (600+ movies, 5500+ episodes).

If on Linux you might want to try pyRenamer (it is in the repo's) to replace the " & " by " and ". Note the extra spaces I have added between the quotes; it'll help pyRenamer Wink

Good luck!

Greetz,

_J@n_
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
  • 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9