Windows 10 and kodi
I did run from the moment windows 10 was out just fine whit the beta of kodi, even 16.

Until 3 days ago.

Suddenly kodi has 3 problems

1. Video get stuck and skips some of the video, also block frames
2. Kodi gets stuck and after that even windows
3. The entire pc reboots and get stuck at the bios screen. Only the power off and on whit the plug will start the pc up.

And yes I know 100% sure it is kodi. I if don't run kodi and play whit antoer player there is no problem at all.

Only a full reinstall of kodi (not beta) will resolve the problem for some time.
(2015-12-13, 04:03)anno006 Wrote: 3. The entire pc reboots and get stuck at the bios screen. Only the power off and on whit the plug will start the pc up.

I'm no computer expert, but that literally has nothing to do with Kodi as to my knowledge. You might want to look at failing pieces of hardware in your computer, aka hard drive etc.
--
I'm having the exact same issue, only started happening in the last couple of days.
I'm going to uninstall the last two windows updates, which were installed in the last two days, to see if one of those is the cause.
Your best bet will be to post a debug_log (wiki) after recreating the error, since it is happening frequently then that shouldn't be an issue.
Media_Center_Master (wiki) || First_time_user (wiki) || Kodi Store || T-shirts: Villian, Protest, Graffiti, Emoji, Black on Black, K-18L
[/quote]

I'm no computer expert, but that literally has nothing to do with Kodi as to my knowledge. You might want to look at failing pieces of hardware in your computer, aka hard drive etc.
[/quote]
--
You contact the developers by posting a link to the log here - not by determining yourself that there's nothing of interest in it. You may be right, but that's where folks will want to start...
I Agree i can play stuff with VLC all day long and even 15.2 but when i run 16 (Any version, daily or betas) the screen either goes black or i get a blue screen error of several sorts or the program crashes with a dialog. I've even had C errors, all in all its a mess of crashes so the posts above are 100% correct.

Just my 2p worth, i cant post logs as i have over 40 harddisks which i dont want shutting down due to a crash.

My hardware is not the problem as its a super stable server.
(2015-12-13, 16:20)Prof Yaffle Wrote: You contact the developers by posting a link to the log here - not by determining yourself that there's nothing of interest in it. You may be right, but that's where folks will want to start...
If noone can post a log i'll go for it to help the cause it just means disconnecting alot of hardware to save risking it. Angry HuhAngel

I must say i wish i'd stayed with linux as my media platform but wanted to run full 4k res and couldnt get it going on linux for some reason.
(2015-12-13, 16:51)anno006 Wrote:
(2015-12-13, 16:20)Prof Yaffle Wrote: You contact the developers by posting a link to the log here - not by determining yourself that there's nothing of interest in it. You may be right, but that's where folks will want to start...

And yes I can say myself of there is something interesting or not in a log.

Further in this case "folks" need to start whit the problem discretion and kodi whit windows 10.

Also there are already 3 people whit the same problem.
You can say what you like.
It might be ignored.
It might be deleted.
But if you want help you need to post a debug log of the time the problem occurs.
Nobody's forcing you to do that, obviously.
But I don't understand why you won't post a log.
If there's stuff on the log that would get a post deleted here then just remove it temporarily.
Otherwise why not just post a log?
--
(2015-12-13, 17:01)trogggy Wrote:
(2015-12-13, 16:51)anno006 Wrote:

And yes I can say myself of there is something interesting or not in a log.

Further in this case "folks" need to start whit the problem discretion and kodi whit windows 10.

Also there are already 3 people whit the same problem.
You can say what you like.
It might be ignored.
It might be deleted.
But if you want help you need to post a debug log of the time the problem occurs.
Nobody's forcing you to do that, obviously.
But I don't understand why you won't post a log.
If there's stuff on the log that would get a post deleted here then just remove it temporarily.
Otherwise why not just post a log?

Because it is useless!
(2015-12-13, 16:58)Derek Wrote: If noone can post a log i'll go for it to help the cause it just means disconnecting alot of hardware to save risking it. Angry HuhAngel

I must say i wish i'd stayed with linux as my media platform but wanted to run full 4k res and couldnt get it going on linux for some reason.
I'm just scratching my head in wonder at the thought of 40 hard drives connected to a media pc. Running windoze.

Sorry, I know that's not helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 and kodi0