• 168(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2015-12-18, 13:49)BobCratchett Wrote: My Silvo is rushing through the jobs like nobodies business - if he keeps going at this rate not only will I not have done anything towards it, but it will be done by xmas!

All the simple jobs have been ticked off already, but if you fancy taking on one of the harder jobs... Wink Otherwise code cleanup is hugely welcome.

Testing is of course encouraged - bearing in mind what has and hasn't been ticked off the list (so live backgrounds won't work yet, and widgets are, essentially, nowhere right now.) Fit and finish is always a bug bear with a project like this, so please concentrate on details Smile

I'm not sure changing the ID is a good idea, as we'd just have to revert that commit when time comes to do a PR. You could fork the fork and apply your own change to the ID, and then just rebase onto the fork whenever its updated. Or just change the ID manually Wink

Your Silvo? Is that like your Sam? Are you my Frodo or should I say FroBob or Bobdo Tongue

I agree that changing the ID is not the best approach. I just added old to the name and addon id to the other skin before cloning this one.

@Bob,
What about copy pasting Mr. V widgets, using his skinshortcuts template and dropping the old widget system? I will ask Mr. V if he is cool with that if it is decided that it would be a good idea. I do not like the complexity of the current widgets without the flexibility that should come with all that code. I have no interest in working on the widgets so that is why I am trying to avoid it all together and just use Mr. V's work since I think it can be made to look more Nox 4 easier than going through all that old widget code.
What do you think?

To everyone else reading along... I think I am at a point where the users (you Wink) can use the skin shortcuts updated skin and let us know about any bugs or missing features for the Main and Sub Menus. Testing takes time and I'd rather code so if anybody is up for it feel free to test away and please post screenshots and as much info as possible with every bug report.

I think the skin, minus the widgets (might comment them out till they work...) and live backgrounds, should be completely usable.

@Mike_Doc,
I think Bob is referring to anything that can be removed due to the skinshortcuts update but I could be wrong Confused
I have already done a cleanup and schimi made a PR for it Wink I plan on doing it again soon to comment out any new unused includes and variables but if you can tackle any of the font errors that would be appreciated since, like the Widgets, I don't want to do that either Undecided
(2015-12-18, 22:06)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 13:49)BobCratchett Wrote: My Silvo is rushing through the jobs like nobodies business - if he keeps going at this rate not only will I not have done anything towards it, but it will be done by xmas!

All the simple jobs have been ticked off already, but if you fancy taking on one of the harder jobs... Wink Otherwise code cleanup is hugely welcome.

Testing is of course encouraged - bearing in mind what has and hasn't been ticked off the list (so live backgrounds won't work yet, and widgets are, essentially, nowhere right now.) Fit and finish is always a bug bear with a project like this, so please concentrate on details Smile

I'm not sure changing the ID is a good idea, as we'd just have to revert that commit when time comes to do a PR. You could fork the fork and apply your own change to the ID, and then just rebase onto the fork whenever its updated. Or just change the ID manually Wink

Your Silvo? Is that like your Sam? Are you my Frodo or should I say FroBob or Bobdo Tongue

I agree that changing the ID is not the best approach. I just added old to the name and addon id to the other skin before cloning this one.

@Bob,
What about copy pasting Mr. V widgets, using his skinshortcuts template and dropping the old widget system? I will ask Mr. V if he is cool with that if it is decided that it would be a good idea. I do not like the complexity of the current widgets without the flexibility that should come with all that code. I have no interest in working on the widgets so that is why I am trying to avoid it all together and just use Mr. V's work since I think it can be made to look more Nox 4 easier than going through all that old widget code.
What do you think?

To everyone else reading along... I think I am at a point where the users (you Wink) can use the skin shortcuts updated skin and let us know about any bugs or missing features for the Main and Sub Menus. Testing takes time and I'd rather code so if anybody is up for it feel free to test away and please post screenshots and as much info as possible with every bug report.

I think the skin, minus the widgets (might comment them out till they work...) and live backgrounds, should be completely usable.

@Mike_Doc,
I think Bob is referring to anything that can be removed due to the skinshortcuts update but I could be wrong Confused
I have already done a cleanup and schimi made a PR for it Wink I plan on doing it again soon to comment out any new unused includes and variables but if you can tackle any of the font errors that would be appreciated since, like the Widgets, I don't want to do that either Undecided

I will test this weekend (staring tonight), I already cloned the repo and changed the addon ID manually so i can have both versions running on the same KODI instance. I will go through all the menus and submenus I use (sorry, I don't use Live TV or Music with KODI) and report the issues I find. Thanks again for getting to this point so quickly!

My opinion on the widgets is that it is a great idea, if Mr. V approves, to use his code and replace MadNox's current widget code. I love MadNox's panel-style widgets with different layouts, and Mr. V's widgets are the ones I have found which most closely resemble this.

One question to Mike Silvo and Bob, should we be testing that the default menus and submenus work, or can we also test the customization of menus and submenus? Please let me know so I know what to test. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Just test everything that has to do with the Home windowWink

Feedback is needed on what is missing from either the default install or in general that should be added back in since there is none of the old menu system left it all needs to be re-added manually.

Some of the default menus were removed since they can be added using skin shortcuts quite easily but if the users think it should be there just let me know Smile

@ Mike and schimi,
Do either of you have any specific requirements for the main menu?
After all, this is your baby guys Wink
I want pink candy and some bling bling and a date with katy perry...
I will test tomorrow and then i send you my feedback buddy Smile
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
You mean you're not my Silvo Huh Or, more likely, these old arthritic hands hit the 'y' rather than the 'r' key Wink

Dropping in Mr.V's widgets is a great idea - I've done so in about five minutes and, though graphics for the panels aren't showing up - they already work better than the one widget I've managed to update so far (the 'Classic' widget, which should now be just about usable...) If you can get permission, and Mr Doc et al are happy with the slightly different visual style, then I think that's a great idea. Otherwise, I'll keep plugging away at the widgets - as I say, the basic of the classic is now there - and with a little more work should be fairly easy to update for the different information that different widgets want to show. And, in comparison, the panel widgets should be easy...

(And yes, you're right - I meant anything that can be cleaned up as a result of the skin shortcuts rework.)
So i have tried to modify the files to display the atmos logo. Without any modifications i have gray logos in the movie info page only but in the pause dialog and movie shelf view i have colored logos.
Does anybody know why i have no colored icons in this view? The files are not modified. It's the latest madnox git from today. In the settings i enabled colored icons and pointed the path to the colored icons.

After i modified the DialogFullScreenInfo,variables,DialogSeekBar i have an atmos logo in the movie shelf view, info and pause screen and colored icons.
I use my own logo so it's a bit gray.

movie shelf

info screen

pause screen

So colored icons in the script-dialogvideoinfo are not working for me. Is this correct or should colored icons work in this view?
(2015-12-18, 23:24)_Andy_ Wrote: So i have tried to modify the files to display the atmos logo. Without any modifications i have gray logos in the movie info page only but in the pause dialog and movie shelf view i have colored logos.
Does anybody know why i have no colored icons in this view? The files are not modified. It's the latest madnox git from today. In the settings i enabled colored icons and pointed the path to the colored icons.

After i modified the DialogFullScreenInfo,variables,DialogSeekBar i have an atmos logo in the movie shelf view, info and pause screen and colored icons.
I use my own logo so it's a bit gray.

So colored icons in the script-dialogvideoinfo are not working for me. Is this correct or should colored icons work in this view?

mike is looking into this problem...be patient
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
http://goo.gl/gCRIZM
Schimi2k here is log i think u asked for mate can u look and see what causing extendedinfo script error plz
i tried your addons as well now it pops up as " login failed" then gives extendedinfo error
(2015-12-19, 00:34)Razieal121 Wrote: http://goo.gl/gCRIZM
Schimi2k here is log i think u asked for mate can u look and see what causing extendedinfo script error plz

I'm guessing you don't have local files and that you are streaming most of your videos. Most of your addons are banned addons so you probably won't get support from here but I might be wrong. Lots of them are renown for breaking Kodi install.
i really dont know about banned addons mate and as for movies all my movies are on external drive
(2015-12-18, 22:44)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Just test everything that has to do with the Home windowWink

Feedback is needed on what is missing from either the default install or in general that should be added back in since there is none of the old menu system left it all needs to be re-added manually.

Some of the default menus were removed since they can be added using skin shortcuts quite easily but if the users think it should be there just let me know Smile

@ Mike and schimi,
Do either of you have any specific requirements for the main menu?
After all, this is your baby guys Wink

Hello,

After a bit of testing, here are some findings:

1. All menus and default submenus from my MadNox install are there, except YouTube, which I added
2. The default backgrounds are not there for any menu item, and if you select the path to the skin backgrounds for each menu item, they still do not show.
3. When you select that you want the icon style main menu, the icons do not show, just the text.
4. All the menus bring up the right things, as well as the submenus for each menu option
5. The infolines for movies, tv shows, music videos, etc. all work correctly. I was not able to set the infloline to the video playlists associated with the Oscars and IMDb Top 250 menu options
6. When you customize the general main menu options, if you try to select a menu option to be focused on when you start KODI custom focus option), the list is empty (no text appears)
7. If you enable the bottom tab (usually shows the last in-progress movie), there is no way to select it to activate it

That's what I have so far. Please let me know if you want additional information. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2015-12-19, 04:48)bsoriano Wrote: Hello,

After a bit of testing, here are some findings:

1. All menus and default submenus from my MadNox install are there, except YouTube, which I added
2. The default backgrounds are not there for any menu item, and if you select the path to the skin backgrounds for each menu item, they still do not show.
3. When you select that you want the icon style main menu, the icons do not show, just the text.
4. All the menus bring up the right things, as well as the submenus for each menu option
5. The infolines for movies, tv shows, music videos, etc. all work correctly. I was not able to set the infloline to the video playlists associated with the Oscars and IMDb Top 250 menu options
6. When you customize the general main menu options, if you try to select a menu option to be focused on when you start KODI custom focus option), the list is empty (no text appears)
7. If you enable the bottom tab (usually shows the last in-progress movie), there is no way to select it to activate it

That's what I have so far. Please let me know if you want additional information. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

There seems to be an issue with the main menu thumb and skinshortcuts...

@Bob On a new install all the default backgrounds work but the MadNox skinshortcuts-include is built without that field populated if you have customized the menu for another skin and the xmls are saved in the skinshortcuts addon data folder.

Would this be a possible skinshortcuts bug or an implementation error Huh

I haven't looked into the icons layout yet but I will when I get some other stuff squared away first.

The focus on startup option is likely to be removed cause it will be handled by the position of the item. In other words the 3rd item will be the startup item so you would just sort the menu based on that fact.

--------------------------
FYI,
With permission of Mr. V, I have added his widgets but it is very early WIP so widget backgrounds and some images used are not yet available.
(2015-12-19, 08:37)mikesilvo164 Wrote: There seems to be an issue with the main menu thumb and skinshortcuts...

@Bob On a new install all the default backgrounds work but the MadNox skinshortcuts-include is built without that field populated if you have customized the menu for another skin and the xmls are saved in the skinshortcuts addon data folder.

Would this be a possible skinshortcuts bug or an implementation error Huh

Wow, that's been broken for at least the last two releases Blush though I can't think I've seen any reports about it - so thanks for the bug report Smile Should be fixed on this branch - I'll test it properly myself and get it merged into master if I have time this evening.
(2015-12-19, 09:35)BobCratchett Wrote: Wow, that's been broken for at least the last two releases Blush though I can't think I've seen any reports about it - so thanks for the bug report Smile Should be fixed on this branch - I'll test it properly myself and get it merged into master if I have time this evening.

Not working for me Sad I need to reset all shortcuts for it to show default properties... My skin seems to create a mainmenu.DATA.xml file in the addon_data folder (I assume for having the same menu items across skins) and it uses those values in the madnox includes including the icon path.

I deleted the madnox prop file in the SS addon_data folder as well as the include from the 1080i folder then restarted Kodi.

If you need something, like a debug log with particular steps taken, just let me know Smile
  • 168(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39