• 170(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2015-12-19, 11:56)schimi2k Wrote: wow... between the version ive tested yesterday night, and the last one ... WOW
backrounds are working - all links are working so far ... even the widgets are working ( not full functional i think, but wow ! )
i dont know if i should already post the things i "miss" right now while you guys are still working on it
( i use almost just playlists in my home menu, and i have some problems with infolines and a wish of " cloning " subemenus if its possible )
icons still dont work ... but i think this will be a bigger step ...

but its working already realy smooth, and i feel already at home with configuring my main menu

NICE JOB GENTLEMEN !!!! WELL DONE

( the new menu + my new default icons i have a feeling of a complete new skin now ^^ )

Yes post things you miss or any bugs you see. I'd rather get it all done at the same time then try to fix it all before asking for bug reports.
I like it when I am told what to fix instead of having to discover it on my own Tongue

Just post some screenies and I will take care of it Wink
(2015-12-18, 22:44)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Just test everything that has to do with the Home windowWink

Feedback is needed on what is missing from either the default install or in general that should be added back in since there is none of the old menu system left it all needs to be re-added manually.

Some of the default menus were removed since they can be added using skin shortcuts quite easily but if the users think it should be there just let me know Smile

@ Mike and schimi,
Do either of you have any specific requirements for the main menu?
After all, this is your baby guys Wink

Hello Mike, at this time I don't have any specifics and to be honest would not want to put more burden on you if i did.

(2015-12-18, 23:07)BobCratchett Wrote: You mean you're not my Silvo Huh Or, more likely, these old arthritic hands hit the 'y' rather than the 'r' key Wink

Dropping in Mr.V's widgets is a great idea - I've done so in about five minutes and, though graphics for the panels aren't showing up - they already work better than the one widget I've managed to update so far (the 'Classic' widget, which should now be just about usable...) If you can get permission, and Mr Doc et al are happy with the slightly different visual style, then I think that's a great idea. Otherwise, I'll keep plugging away at the widgets - as I say, the basic of the classic is now there - and with a little more work should be fairly easy to update for the different information that different widgets want to show. And, in comparison, the panel widgets should be easy...

(And yes, you're right - I meant anything that can be cleaned up as a result of the skin shortcuts rework.)

I am more than happy to let you gentlemen decide what is best / easiest for you while doing this for us. I can always try to undersrand the new widgets and re-visualize for madnox if nedded and probably with Mr. V's help, so if Mr. V gives the ok then fine with me. Graphic will hopefully just by image names, I know Mikes skin has diff image names so that is hopefully the issue.

(2015-12-18, 23:51)schimi2k Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 23:24)_Andy_ Wrote: So i have tried to modify the files to display the atmos logo. Without any modifications i have gray logos in the movie info page only but in the pause dialog and movie shelf view i have colored logos.
Does anybody know why i have no colored icons in this view? The files are not modified. It's the latest madnox git from today. In the settings i enabled colored icons and pointed the path to the colored icons.

After i modified the DialogFullScreenInfo,variables,DialogSeekBar i have an atmos logo in the movie shelf view, info and pause screen and colored icons.
I use my own logo so it's a bit gray.

So colored icons in the script-dialogvideoinfo are not working for me. Is this correct or should colored icons work in this view?

mike is looking into this problem...be patient

The info screen is the skins extended version and as such the normal vars etc. For media flags don't work. Maybe i can do something using skin helper vars. Will continue looking into it as i want colored icons in the skin extended info screen (s).

(2015-12-19, 00:45)Razieal121 Wrote: i tried your addons as well now it pops up as " login failed" then gives extendedinfo error

Try going into EI config and delete cache. I kept getting login failed and couldn't figure it out and tried delete cache and don't get the failed message anymore.

To MikeS & Bob, again from the team and our users thank you very much for everything you are doing and in the speed you are doing it. Just show I loads more to learn with skinning.

Mike
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Bob and Mike S,

After some more testing, using the latest from Git from Bob and the "fix" branch for skin.shortcuts, I have all the backgrounds, all the menus and submenus work, and the widgets are almost there!

Few things to note:

1. The infolines are not working, for any menu option. I even did a clean start (deleted the settings.xml for Aeon MadNox from my userdata folder, deleted all files from the skin.shortcuts folder in userdata/addon_data), and they do not show up, no matter what you select.

2. I know widgets have just been started, but just wanted to point out some things I miss, so you can hopefully keep them in mind:

- There is no border around the widgets, I liked the "Glass" look from original MadNox
- I miss the "info" layout for widgets, which would provide Title, plot outline and other infos
- When you click on a widget, the item plays automatically, I miss the dialog that MadNox has that allows you to see some info and either Play or go back
- I miss the ability to set as background the fanart that the widget provides (recent movies, episodes, a playlist, etc.)

Again, thank you so much for working on this so quickly!

Regards,

Bart
yeah, confirm this issues - i dont get any infolines neither

i will make some screens later how my "favorite" main menu is configured, but just a small info how i use my madnox mainmenu atm:

- icons instead of text - dont work atm

- almost just using playlists for my menus - i seperate movies/3d Movies/cartoons and Series/Cartoon Series/Anime Series with playlists - would be perfect to have infolines of the content of the playlists ( its already not working perfectly with jarvis... maybe its possible - if not, the regular movie TvShow infoline would be okay too Smile )

- i clone the submenus from movies to 3d-movies/cartoons ... is this maybe possible too in the future with skin.shortcuts ?

i already have a first small conversation with Mr.V because of some gfx etc... and i hope i found some time to make some mokups for him Smile but its nice to have his support too

like Mike wrote already ... our Team, and i bet the Madnox friends are so thankfull for all the help you guys provide ... thats why i have a realy bad feeling here to write down the things i notice that wont work atm and all the wishes i have Sad ... but i hope one day i can help you a bit more with some gfx stuff

i think we all are a bit busy in Private Life the next days ( after all this xmas stress i have also birthday... so a bit more stress for me here Sad ) - so realy dont rush things, and to all other ppl ... sorry in advance if we cant help right away, or if we miss some problems... just try again a bit later, or send me a pm if we realy miss some problem

schimi
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
Infolines should now be working again (along with the 'time panel' on the other side of the main menu). There's a couple of other includes that got cleared out as part of the widget switch-out which may still be needed, so let us know if anything else is missing (quite possible that now playing on the home page is currently broken - I can't actually test that on this machine - and there's an 'AlternateTimeAndStats' include that looks like it could still be useful)

Cloning a submenu isn't on the roadmap for Skin Shortcuts, but I'll consider any idea. I think I understand what you want, but let me be absolutely sure - you want to create a new menu item, and set it up with the same submenu items as in, for example, the 'Movies' submenu. If that's right, then it's do-able in code, but I don't know how the option would be exposed to users - it would ideally be in a way which isn't adding more controls to the gui, isn't popping up dialogs the user has to dismiss if they don't want the feature, etc (the next version of Skin Shortcuts will have a few end user changes to hopefully make the script more user-friendly - I don't want to counter this by making it more complex elsewhere if possible!) So please let me know about how you think the feature should work Smile
I know this the wrong time for feature mods but it may be the perfect time so I'm going to suggest it and completely understand if it's ignored. Please don't slap me.

Presently, we add movie titles as a favorite simply by using the context menu 'Add to favorites'.
Problem is, the favorites window only shows a poster and that's it. No rich metadata or artwork Nox 4 is famous for.
If a custom 'Favorite Mark' could be placed on a title (context menu or info/extras) and the 'Sort By' radio button have an addition of 'Sort by custom marked title' it would be unique and very beneficial imo. The sort could be at the beginning or end of the entire library perhaps or even limit the library to show only these uniquely marked titles much like Watched or Unwatched.

Presently, add-ons trying to do exactly this, and replace the existing Kodi Favorites, are of little to no benefit.
The custom playlist is clumsy and very hard to edit which is often for myself.

Thanks go out to those presently updating Madnox for Jarvis.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2015-12-19, 19:17)BobCratchett Wrote: Infolines should now be working again (along with the 'time panel' on the other side of the main menu). There's a couple of other includes that got cleared out as part of the widget switch-out which may still be needed, so let us know if anything else is missing (quite possible that now playing on the home page is currently broken - I can't actually test that on this machine - and there's an 'AlternateTimeAndStats' include that looks like it could still be useful)

Cloning a submenu isn't on the roadmap for Skin Shortcuts, but I'll consider any idea. I think I understand what you want, but let me be absolutely sure - you want to create a new menu item, and set it up with the same submenu items as in, for example, the 'Movies' submenu. If that's right, then it's do-able in code, but I don't know how the option would be exposed to users - it would ideally be in a way which isn't adding more controls to the gui, isn't popping up dialogs the user has to dismiss if they don't want the feature, etc (the next version of Skin Shortcuts will have a few end user changes to hopefully make the script more user-friendly - I don't want to counter this by making it more complex elsewhere if possible!) So please let me know about how you think the feature should work Smile

ok, what i mean is this:
i use playlists for my menus... but playlists dont have any "default" submenus
so it would be cool if i can choose the default "movie" submenu and put it under my "movie playlist" ( recent added movies,genre,year,actor etc) ... this is possible in actual menu setting
its just a wish... i think its not a big deal to configure it once and save this config

i hope its more clear now Smile

i will make some screenshots tomorrow, because i get some visitors now...
thx guys for making this things so quick ... damn so cool

schimi
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
OK. I'll think about it Smile

Is there anything I need to do to enable widgets, btw? I can see the templates are being built and the includes are being included, but they're not showing up for me Blush

@bsoriano - Please check latest version - lots of additional background options including using widget fanart or a playlist.
I just installed this skin from github, and I don't get any widgets or infolines on the main menu. Sad

The skinshortcuts work perfectly, however!
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2015-12-19, 20:47)BobCratchett Wrote: OK. I'll think about it Smile

Is there anything I need to do to enable widgets, btw? I can see the templates are being built and the includes are being included, but they're not showing up for me Blush

@bsoriano - Please check latest version - lots of additional background options including using widget fanart or a playlist.

Not sure what happened but the widget includes were missing from home.xml.

Fixed on Git, have no idea why or how they got deleted...
My bad. I was trying to do a minor cleanup and got it completely wrong Blush Thanks for quickly spotting my mistake!
(2015-12-19, 21:42)BobCratchett Wrote: My bad. I was trying to do a minor cleanup and got it completely wrong Blush Thanks for quickly spotting my mistake!
I responded on Git but to sum up *SH*IT Happens* Tongue

Feel like PR'ing that awesome MadNox fanart addition you just did for Nox SiLVO Wink

I also added SubMenu fanart to Nox SiLVO but I think I am missing something obvious with the playlist fanart for the submenu. Starting to see skin code when I close my eyes... Mind taking a peek Mr. Cratchett?
I'll be happy to give it a look, as long as you don't mind waiting until the morning Smile
(2015-12-19, 21:53)BobCratchett Wrote: I'll be happy to give it a look, as long as you don't mind waiting until the morning Smile

Of course, sir Bob. I patiently await thou Daring Do Gooder Smile
To lazy to scroll back and quote but somebody said something about the widget info panel... Just press info while focused on a widget item and it will open the info window. Click=Play Info=Widget info Wink
  • 170(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39