• 12(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
can anyone give a total newbie a hand?
i've followed all the instructions on this post to the "t" even used the youtube clip on how to do it. however when i go to add the .ipa file onto my iPad i get the message "App installation failed" (A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found)...
what am i doing wrong??

thx in advance...
(2015-12-27, 20:38)heretolearn Wrote: can anyone give a total newbie a hand?
i've followed all the instructions on this post to the "t" even used the youtube clip on how to do it. however when i go to add the .ipa file onto my iPad i get the message "App installation failed" (A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found)...
what am i doing wrong??

thx in advance...

You, my friend, have fallen prey to the same problem that pinched me to begin my quest also. You must first sign into the "system" Xcode program in the PREFS section. It will then be a matter of TIME before Apple replies with the code for your provisioning profile "account". Once this is showing in your PREFS account, you are ready to use the program, IOS.App.Signer, and the latest kodi-....-tvos.deb file. Hint: you will know you have your provisioning profile from Apple when you open IOS.App.Signer program and your very own account information will be in the pull-down list on line 3: Provisioning Profile:. This is the reason for the App installation failed message.

Hang in there.....the successful result will be worth the "wait".
what am i doing wrong??

thx in advance...

when creating the project on xcode, give it a different name instead of kodi, example: kodi123 instead of just kodi (pick any name you want but not kodi). Then on step 7 choose the provisioning profile of the kodi123 you just created (ex. com.DanTheMan827.kodi123 ). This worked for me...try it, hopefully it will work for you too.
Is there a stable tvOS deb file we can use instead of the nightlies?

There's a bug in the nightlie version where Appearance skin settings don't stick after closing Kodi (specifically, addon shortcuts). Plus that commoncache error is becoming annoying.
(2015-12-28, 21:07)gtoons Wrote: Is there a stable tvOS deb file we can use instead of the nightlies?

There's a bug in the nightlie version where Appearance skin settings don't stick after closing Kodi (specifically, addon shortcuts). Plus that commoncache error is becoming annoying.

The code you are using is currently in pre pre pre pre alpha. It's intended for development only and is currently unsupported. I'm sure there are still more than a few bugs that must be worked out before it is ready for an alpha release. Only been in development for a few days.

You could install MrMC. You won't have to worry about skin settings or common cache errors. No addons allowed.Big Grin
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Great job DanTheMan827!
(2015-12-28, 21:22)wgstarks Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 21:07)gtoons Wrote: Is there a stable tvOS deb file we can use instead of the nightlies?

You could install MrMC. You won't have to worry about skin settings or common cache errors. No addons allowed.Big Grin

MrMC is like taking one step forward and two steps back - we all just want Kodi.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAH
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
MrMC, no disrespect intended. I understand why your app is the way it is, just so it can get into the App store.

However, as a long-time XBMC/Kodi user, I need to be able to install and use legitimate add-ons. These add-ons I use everyday in tandem with my NAS library of movies and tv shows, plus news and podcasts add-ons. So unfortunately the MrMC app does’t suit my needs but may well suit others, and I wish you the best for the future.

Anyways, I’m still looking for a stable tvOS deb file if anyone has one.
(2015-12-29, 00:21)gtoons Wrote:
(2015-12-28, 21:22)wgstarks Wrote:

MrMC is like taking one step forward and two steps back - we all just want Kodi.

Honestly, I just want something that can play my media library (including DVD ISOs) and has a nice UI...

Addons are of course nice but not a requirement...

I do wish that MrMC had more skins though (I personally like Xperience1080)
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Does anyone else have issues with the signer not starting? For me it just freezes after launch. I've tried both the executable and built the latest version from github. The signer starts, there's no window visible, then just hangs.

Edit: needed to run as root.
(2015-12-29, 11:28)trusk Wrote: Does anyone else have issues with the signer not starting? For me it just freezes after launch. I've tried both the executable and built the latest version from github. The signer starts, there's no window visible, then just hangs.

Did you try running it from an admin account?
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2015-12-29, 20:36)winestock Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 11:28)trusk Wrote: Does anyone else have issues with the signer not starting? For me it just freezes after launch. I've tried both the executable and built the latest version from github. The signer starts, there's no window visible, then just hangs.

Did you try running it from an admin account?

This doesn't make any sense... The app uses commands that definitely do not need privilege escalation...

I did notice a couple times that the main window didn't open but closing and reopening it made it appear.

There is an issue where if there is a large provisioning profile that the app will hang and not continue past that process due to how the data is currently read
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Hi
I have followed all the steps and have installed kodi with no issues but when i try to start live tv(stalker client) it crashes kodi. I can use it on my jailbroken iPad but not on the one that is side loaded.

Thanks
(2015-12-28, 18:02)kemper Wrote:
what am i doing wrong??

thx in advance...

when creating the project on xcode, give it a different name instead of kodi, example: kodi123 instead of just kodi (pick any name you want but not kodi). Then on step 7 choose the provisioning profile of the kodi123 you just created (ex. com.DanTheMan827.kodi123 ). This worked for me...try it, hopefully it will work for you too.

That worked for me on my iphone 6..thanks mate..
Cant wait to get this on my apple tv 4..sadly ive goto wait for a cable..?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8