• 55(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
New builds will be uploaded in a few hours. The changelog is pretty impressive this time. Thanks guys for your contributions!
RetroPlayer releases: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases

Donations: eigendude.eth
Will there be an OpenELEC build?
(2016-01-08, 21:27)garbear Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 07:55)zachmorris Wrote: A few bugs I believe I've ran across with the latest build as far as input goes:
1) PS Controllers dont map the L1/L2/R1/R2 buttons as expected. They're included in the configure input page, but when I launch a game and hit say the Cross button it registers. The log shows:
game.controller.ps feature [ cross ] released
but when I press L1/R1/L2/R2 they don't register and I get something like:
game.controller.default feature [ righttrigger ] released

However, the fallback behavior is to resort to game.controller.default using the libretro mappings. I probably got these mappings wrong (they're hardcoded), so once we get the buttonmap.xml file for PS right, I'll correct the game.controller.default mappings in the code. Then beetle-psx will then work even without its buttonmap.xml.

I've used your PS buttonmap to fix the default mapping applied by game.libretro. Using the latest build (up sometime tonight), can you test a PS emulator missing its buttonmap.xml? game.libretro should "do the right thing" now

Couple of observations:

I've been playing N64 games recently, I noticed that buttons that have no mapping for example an n64 controller has a A and B button which are mapped on my Xbox 360 controller to X and A. Therefore the Y and B buttons are not mapped to anything. This causes an issue in game play as if someone hits the B button the emulator is closed and returns to kodi. I believe the unmapped buttons are implementing the kodi controllers default action, in Kodi B on my controller is back. Can these be set to disabled during gameplay.

I played 2 player n64 and playstation (rearmed) last night. Both of these work fine in 1 player. But in 2 player after a short while of gameplay they both got really laggy and the n64 crashed. Unfortunately I don't have any logs. My best guess is the kodi is struggling with the number of keypressesHuh I will try and reproduce at some point.

Occasionally when I launch an emulator, the controller will be working in the menus, and then suddenly stop responding to keypresses. Seen this on more then 1 emulator. Again sorry no logs at the moment. I will grab one next time I see this happen.

Controller GUI dialogue, I still have some key presses jumped over on this window which causes incorrect buttonmap XMLs to be created. I would guess this would have to be corrected before your PR will be merged? Any ideas on this one? I also have to manually edit the keymaps to make them correct.

Great work so far
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
New OpenElec Builds (Generic & RPI2) are available courtesey of lrusak here (you will probably get an SSL warning, proceed at your own risk). The latest builds will be added to the server with old builds being removed.

Lrusak has rebased garbears retroplayer KODI on top of OE 6.0, he has also added more cores / emulators. I believe the current builds are based on https://github.com/lrusak/OpenELEC.tv/co...enelec-6.0

Issues should be the same as in garbears newest builds. The kodi controller dialogue GUI window lists N64 twice, one of these is for a Dreamcast controller, you can tell by the image of the controller, this is a know issue.
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
(2016-01-10, 21:58)charlie0440 Wrote: New OpenElec Builds (Generic & RPI2) are available courtesey of lrusak here (you will probably get an SSL warning, proceed at your own risk). The latest builds will be added to the server with old builds being removed.

I use a self signed cert, just so people know. Smile

(2016-01-10, 21:58)charlie0440 Wrote: Lrusak has rebased garbears retroplayer KODI on top of OE 6.0, he has also added more cores / emulators. I believe the current builds are based on https://github.com/lrusak/OpenELEC.tv/co...enelec-6.0

Anything I add I will push upstream after I deem it ready.

(2016-01-10, 21:58)charlie0440 Wrote: Issues should be the same as in garbears newest builds. The kodi controller dialogue GUI window lists N64 twice, one of these is for a Dreamcast controller, you can tell by the image of the controller, this is a know issue.

This issue has been fixed in my latest builds.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2016-01-11, 03:23)lrusak Wrote: I use a self signed cert, just so people know. Smile

https://letsencrypt.org/ offers free valid SSL certificates now. I've used them on a couple personal sites, they're pretty easy to get going.

Regardless, I trusted your self signed cert, thanks very much for the RPi2 build. Keep them coming!

Furthermore, congrats garbear on a huge milestone, pushing your controller code upstream to Kodi is a major step.
(2016-01-11, 04:31)Appletalk Wrote: https://letsencrypt.org/ offers free valid SSL certificates now. I've used them on a couple personal sites, they're pretty easy to get going.

I am aware Smile however browser support still isn't there so it doesn't make much difference right now
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2016-01-12, 00:54)lrusak Wrote: I am aware Smile however browser support still isn't there so it doesn't make much difference right now

They're currently cross signed by another CA and certificates issued by them show as valid (Green secured lock) in chrome/firefox, no SSL warning page. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, sorry to take the thread off topic.
No problem either way Smile
So, I downloaded and updated my OE box using the link provided, but I'm still not seeing my N64 roms, nor can I find an N64 emulator. Am I doing something wrong? I can play my PS, NES, SNES, and Atari games just fine. Just wondering about the N64 stuff. Thanks for everything you guys are doing. This is awesome and has provided my daughter and I hours of fun together that doesn't involve a long complicated explanation of how to play.
(2016-01-13, 01:51)Copeyboy Wrote: So, I downloaded and updated my OE box using the link provided, but I'm still not seeing my N64 roms, nor can I find an N64 emulator. Am I doing something wrong? I can play my PS, NES, SNES, and Atari games just fine. Just wondering about the N64 stuff. Thanks for everything you guys are doing. This is awesome and has provided my daughter and I hours of fun together that doesn't involve a long complicated explanation of how to play.

mupen64plus is only available on my Generic build (if you are using my builds)

otherwise mupen64plus accepts roms with the following extensions: n64, v64, z64
(2016-01-10, 16:49)charlie0440 Wrote: I've been playing N64 games recently, I noticed that buttons that have no mapping for example an n64 controller has a A and B button which are mapped on my Xbox 360 controller to X and A. Therefore the Y and B buttons are not mapped to anything. This causes an issue in game play as if someone hits the B button the emulator is closed and returns to kodi. I believe the unmapped buttons are implementing the kodi controllers default action, in Kodi B on my controller is back. Can these be set to disabled during gameplay.

This is a known issue and will be fixed soon. We still need a UX guy to improve our joystick.xml keymap, and I'll make sure we add a <FullscreenGame> section and set unused buttons (except maybe "Guide") to a "noop" action.

(2016-01-10, 16:49)charlie0440 Wrote: I played 2 player n64 and playstation (rearmed) last night. Both of these work fine in 1 player. But in 2 player after a short while of gameplay they both got really laggy and the n64 crashed. Unfortunately I don't have any logs. My best guess is the kodi is struggling with the number of keypressesHuh I will try and reproduce at some point.

It's unlikely the input, can you try these same cores in RetroArch? If you get debug logs, can you open issues on their respective github projects?

(2016-01-10, 16:49)charlie0440 Wrote: Occasionally when I launch an emulator, the controller will be working in the menus, and then suddenly stop responding to keypresses. Seen this on more then 1 emulator. Again sorry no logs at the moment. I will grab one next time I see this happen.

This sounds like an input bug. I'd like to see your logs.

(2016-01-10, 16:49)charlie0440 Wrote: Controller GUI dialogue, I still have some key presses jumped over on this window which causes incorrect buttonmap XMLs to be created. I would guess this would have to be corrected before your PR will be merged? Any ideas on this one? I also have to manually edit the keymaps to make them correct.

Erratic input has been reported for the mapping "wizard". I'd like to try to reproduce so I can track down the issue in a debugger.

Actually, lrusak, I am using your generic build. I still can't seem to play the n64 roms. Do I need to maybe add the emulator? If so, how would I do that?
Also, will Retroplayer play MAME roms?
Yes, the MAME core is included in OSX and linux

• 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16