• 14(current)
Release TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper
(2015-12-08, 07:37)sjones.andrew Wrote:
(2015-12-01, 13:36)zag Wrote: This Add-on has now been marked as broken.

Sorry guys, the feature was just not sustainable with the number of users.

Hopefully a new Add-on will be written, I am happy to give out API keys for a non default Add-on

Could you tell me if I could use an alternate scraper for now ?

Sure there is one here

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=205755
(2015-12-08, 11:14)zag Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 07:37)sjones.andrew Wrote:
(2015-12-01, 13:36)zag Wrote: This Add-on has now been marked as broken.

Sorry guys, the feature was just not sustainable with the number of users.

Hopefully a new Add-on will be written, I am happy to give out API keys for a non default Add-on

Could you tell me if I could use an alternate scraper for now ?

Sure there is one here

It doesn't work
(2016-01-02, 01:47)gorx76 Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 11:14)zag Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 07:37)sjones.andrew Wrote: Could you tell me if I could use an alternate scraper for now ?

Sure there is one here

It doesn't work
Any other option?
Thanks
I'm a little disappointed that music videos are no longer supported. However, if you decide to keep it broken please be more straightforward on your wiki about it:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:TheAudioDb....sic_Videos

"Broken due to website overload" at first does not sound like it's intentional. Please make it clear that the plugin has been disabled in order to reduce server load.

And suggesting the usage of another scrapter with the total number of alternatives being zero seems a bit mean, tbh.
So I guess you have a better suggestion then?! Can you come up with that? There is no site to scrape from, so what we should do? Oh Master, please tell us!
Enable mp4 tag reading for music videos...
(2016-01-08, 21:50)DarkHelmet Wrote: Enable mp4 tag reading for music videos...

This assumes that tags are available to be read. So how do you add tags which don't exist already? (Sincere question, because even though I have nearly 500 music videos they are nearly all in mp4 format so I would be willing to bunker down and add tags if it ensured that my stuff would always be detected from this point forward.)
Use the program mp3tag. There might be others equally capable but it's the one I use. It's as easy as tagging music.

BUT these tags cannot be read by kodi sadly. There is a hacky way to enable tag reading for mp4 music videos but there are side effects. If you add mp4 as a music format in advancedsettings kodi treats the files as if they were music files and not video. The tags will be read, the music videos will be added to the music library and NOT to the music video library. Also there are some playback issues.

As long as kodi does not read tags for videos the tags are nice to have but can't be used in kodi.

Music videos users are pretty much stranded right now. Only an individual nfo file for every music videos can be used right now.
Just to give some people hope, I will re-release the scraper after the release of Kodi Jarvis as an optional download.

The problem was always that, being the default scraper on a bit of software that 10 million people use caused traffic issues.

All I ask is people sign up on TheAudioDB and start adding YouTube links to your artists and rating their favourite tracks by clicking the "Love" button.
Zag, that's awesome! Thanks a bunch. What's still bugging me is why the api got hammered for music videos, a feature of kodi that I'd assume to be rather a niche. Could it be that the api got called when people just hit "update all videos"? I have to admit I almost exclusively use the music section and the only thing in the video library that I use are music videos. So I don't really know how updating the video library works. Maybe that's something that should be looked into.

Also I know this thread is probably not the ideal place but using embedded tags from music video files is something that might be good for the future. Since it's possible with a small hack in the advancedsettings in the music section even with music videos it kinda "feels" easy to implement even though that's most likely not the case.
(2016-01-13, 11:16)zag Wrote: Just to give some people hope, I will re-release the scraper after the release of Kodi Jarvis as an optional download.

The problem was always that, being the default scraper on a bit of software that 10 million people use caused traffic issues.

All I ask is people sign up on TheAudioDB and start adding YouTube links to your artists and rating their favourite tracks by clicking the "Love" button.

Bandwidth isn't free. If it would help you, we could start a bitcoin donation bucket for you! Smile
(2016-01-04, 00:15)marcelg Wrote:
(2016-01-02, 01:47)gorx76 Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 11:14)zag Wrote: Sure there is one here

It doesn't work
Any other option?
Thanks

Not sure if this has been answered yet, but using the "metadata.last.fm.zip" I found a few months ago seems to work fine after I had issues with the "Music Video Scraper" meant for the new versions of Kodi/XBMC (Downloaded it and then forgot about it until recently). Not sure if this still exists on the web, but I can add it to my "Drive" and share it publicly if that will help. If it isn't available, let me know and I will upload and share it.

Gadget
Curious. I thought all last.fm scrapers are broken, because the site did not want the traffic kodi created.

I would to have that *cough* to see if it really works. Angel
(2016-02-02, 00:15)DarkHelmet Wrote: Curious. I thought all last.fm scrapers are broken, because the site did not want the traffic kodi created.

I actually also thought it was obsolete, but thought I would give it a bash anyway, and lo and behold, it found a few of the music videos I recently added, so it must still be operational to some degree. I haven't added more music videos since it found the new stuff, so I guess it would be a good idea to double check it again.

Gadget.
(2016-02-02, 00:15)DarkHelmet Wrote: Curious. I thought all last.fm scrapers are broken, because the site did not want the traffic kodi created.

AFAIK Last.FM removed the image query/download from their api, but the rest is still there. You might need to sign up and get your own api key though.

scott s.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheAudioDb.com Music Video Scraper4