• 9(current)
Release Livestream
I'm trying to get the Spanish channel 'Clan' to play through your excellent add-on. I can play it here:
http://original.livestream.com/tveclan.

However as others have mentioned, 'original.livestream' streams don't necessarily show up on livestream.com and therefore neither on the add-on search results.

Is there any way of being able to play these streams as well? Thank you for your time.
This is such a cool AddOn I can't Thank you enough for it.

It seems to be working well for me (complete NOOB), but I do have one question: Is it possible to control it through the command line? I'm trying to use Raspbmc on a Raspberry Pi2 (neat project for my son and I) and I am wanting to have it installed behind a TV without a keyboard, etc.

Is it possible to launch/control this Addon through command line?

Best Regards, and Thanks again for such a cool addon!
(2016-01-07, 00:41)bob.cook Wrote: This is such a cool AddOn I can't Thank you enough for it.

It seems to be working well for me (complete NOOB), but I do have one question: Is it possible to control it through the command line? I'm trying to use Raspbmc on a Raspberry Pi2 (neat project for my son and I) and I am wanting to have it installed behind a TV without a keyboard, etc.

Is it possible to launch/control this Addon through command line?

Best Regards, and Thanks again for such a cool addon!

Using the kodi remote app is probably your best bet.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Smartphone/tablet_remotes
Hi eracknaphobia,
Feature request. I don't know if it's doable or not, but it would be nice to see a selection in Settings where a person could choose the stream quality they prefer without receiving a prompt before the tv station starts streaming.

In my case, for WCYB, out of Bristol, Va, I am presented with two selections. I always choose the higher quality.

Thanks eracknaphobia. Smile.

Also, a question to anyone, is there a LiveStream NBC east coast station that shows the NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt as part of it's programming? I presently use USTVNow but for some reason the program drops the station/stream every once in a while.

Bob
(2016-01-08, 19:06)Trespasser Wrote: Hi eracknaphobia,
Feature request. I don't know if it's doable or not, but it would be nice to see a selection in Settings where a person could choose the stream quality they prefer without receiving a prompt before the tv station starts streaming.

In my case, for WCYB, out of Bristol, Va, I am presented with two selections. I always choose the higher quality.

Also, a question to anyone, is there a LiveStream NBC east coast station that shows the NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt as part of it's programming? I presently use USTVNow but for some reason the program drops the station/stream every once in a while.

Bob

Turn on Automatically play best stream available in the addon settings
(2016-01-08, 19:24)eracknaphobia Wrote:
(2016-01-08, 19:06)Trespasser Wrote: Hi eracknaphobia,

Bob

Turn on Automatically play best stream available in the addon settings

The version of LiveStream that I'm using doesn't have a Settings listing. If "Automatically play best stream available" is located somewhere else within Kodi Isengard 15.2 could you please direct me to it. I've done a search but couldn't find it.

Thank you. Smile.

Bob
You can get the latest version by installing my repo, which is found on the first post. I'll submit the most current version to the kodi repo, which I probably should have done anyway.
(2016-01-08, 20:23)eracknaphobia Wrote: You can get the latest version by installing my repo, which is found on the first post. I'll submit the most current version to the kodi repo, which I probably should have done anyway.

Nice. Just what I was wanting.

Big thanks, eracknaphobia. Big Grin.

Bob
eracknaphobia: What are the arguments for using the plugin in an strm file? I can favourite a stream and see what the links look like in a text editor but when I try to use that for an strm file, it never works. What do I use after the:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.livestream/?url=
part?

I got this from the Favourites.xml file in Kodi:
Code:
<favourite name="[COLOR=FF00B7EB/]WFXT - 24/7[/COLOR]" thumb="http://img.new.livestream.com/events/000000000027a5fc/ecd99969-57d5-41dd-a5cc-c40a9c8fa52b_0.jpg">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.livestream/?url=%2Flive_now&amp;mode=104&amp;name=%5BCOLOR%3DFF00B7EB%2F%5DWFXT+-+24%2F7%5B%2FCOLOR%5D&amp;icon=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.new.livestream.com%2Fevents%2F000000000027a5fc%2Fecd99969-57d5-41dd-a5cc-c40a9c8fa52b_0.jpg&amp;event_id=2598396&amp;owner_id=6396048&amp;video_id=LIVE&quot;)</favourite>
...which I stripped down to:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.livestream/?url=%2Flive_now&amp;mode=104&amp;name=%5BCOLOR%3DFF00B7EB%2F%5DWFXT+-+24%2F7%5B%2FCOLOR%5D&amp;icon=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.new.livestream.com%2Fevents%2F000000000027a5fc%2Fecd99969-57d5-41dd-a5cc-c40a9c8fa52b_0.jpg&amp;event_id=2598396&amp;owner_id=6396048&amp;video_id=LIVE
...but that didn't work so I decoded it and cleaned it up to:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.livestream/?url=/live_now&mode=104&name=[COLOR=FF00B7EB/]WFXT - 24/7[/COLOR]&icon=http://img.new.livestream.com/events/000000000027a5fc/ecd99969-57d5-41dd-a5cc-c40a9c8fa52b_0.jpg&event_id=2598396&owner_id=6396048&video_id=LIVE
...again, that never worked. I cleaned it even further to:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.livestream/?url=/live_now&mode=104&event_id=2598396&owner_id=6396048&video_id=LIVE
...but alas, I'm stuck as nothing worked.

Can I use plugin://plugin.video.livestream/?url= in an strm file and if so, what are the correct arguments for it?
I don't think so, the strm has to contain the url to the location where the stream is held such as:
http://api.new.livestream.com/accounts/1...09375.m3u8
(2016-01-22, 18:30)eracknaphobia Wrote: I don't think so, the strm has to contain the url to the location where the stream is held such as:
http://api.new.livestream.com/accounts/1...09375.m3u8
Ahhh. I was hoping you wouldn't say that. I can get the m3u8 file no problem and use that in the strm file but some streams require the secure authorization details after the *.m3u8 part and they obviously expire.

EDIT:
I got it to work in an strm file. Linked the channel from my favourites to iVue TV Guide then opened the database file and seen how Kodi uses that link. I see now how it works. The link has to be cleaned up and then encoded.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.livestream/?url=%2Flive_now&mode=104&name=%5BCOLOR%3DFF00B7EB%2F%5DWFXT+-+24%2F7%5B%2FCOLOR%5D&icon=http%3A%2F%2Fimg.new.livestream.com%2Fevents%2F000000000027a5fc%2Fecd99969-57d5-41dd-a5cc-c40a9c8fa52b_0.jpg&event_id=2598396&owner_id=6396048&video_id=LIVE

That link works fine in an strm file now. I thought I could strip the image url and channel name out and get away with just the owner and event id's -- which would be easier for editing -- but no such luck.

EDIT 2:
You can safely strip the img url out. Still needs the channel name though:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.livestream/?url=%2Flive_now&mode=104&name=%5BCOLOR%3DFF00B7EB%2F%5DWFXT+-+24%2F7%5B%2FCOLOR%5D&event_id=2598396&owner_id=6396048&video_id=LIVE

EDIT 3: (Working Solution)
OK, so you can leave the channel name -- &name= -- empty but you still have to have the argument included. This makes it so much easier now that all you have to do is get the owner and event id's and replace them in your strm file. Here is what I'm using now.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.livestream/?url=%2Flive_now&mode=104&name=&event_id=2598396&owner_id=6396048&video_id=LIVE
...which works perfect.

Nice post. I think something similar was proposed a few pages back and maybe paves the way for one of the final remaining enhancements that was requested a few pages back i.e an option to play a a) URL directly b)or accept a providerID/eventID combo to play a stream directly.
Add-on works nicely for me. When I do a search in YouTube add-on, my search terms are added to a list, which I can use for subsequent searches. It'd be nice to have that functionality in the Livestream add-on too!
Hi,

Is anyone else having issues using 'My Channels'? I'm getting the following error...

Quote:13:27:04 T:1480586128 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/var/lib/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.livestream/main.py", line 725, in <module>
LOGIN()
File "/var/lib/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.livestream/main.py", line 560, in LOGIN
addDir(name,'/accounts',105,icon,fanart,None,owner_id)
File "/var/lib/kodi/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.livestream/main.py", line 616, in addDir
u=sys.argv[0]+"?url="+urllib.quote_plus(url)+"&mode="+str(mode)+"&name="+urllib.quote_plus(name)+"&icon="+urllib.quote_plus(iconimage)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib.py", line 1307, in quote_plus
if ' ' in s:
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
-->End of Python script error report<--

Addon version is 2016.1.8 and user and password in the addon configuration are correct.

Thanks,

Richard
Works fine here. Incorrect username/pass gives a diff error. What version Kodi and which platform is this? Was it working before?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Livestream3