• 403(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2016-02-02, 03:50)bolmsted Wrote: Thanks. what is this Intel EGL verison and how does it differ from what i have already? Is it faster at something?

It's explained in the exact same section of the wiki as the link I just confirmed Angry
script and firmware update 2016-02-02
------------------------------------------------------------------
- Update coreboot to v4.3
- Update SeaBIOS to latest upstream commit
- Update OpenELEC to v6.0.1 / 6.0.198-Intel_EGL
- Add "headless" booting option for dual boot / Legacy boot update
- misc fixes/improvements

OpenELEC 6.0.198-Intel_EGL is OpenELEC 6.0.1 plus fritsch's Intel/VAAPI/EGL backports as applied in his final OE6/Kodi 15.2 build (version 6.0.98). It's still the best / most stable option for most systems using an Intel GPU, IMO. A download link (and instructions) for manually updating (like everything else) can be found on the wiki page.
It has better graphics/video implementation. ie looks better Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-02-02, 04:45)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-02-02, 03:50)bolmsted Wrote: Thanks. what is this Intel EGL verison and how does it differ from what i have already? Is it faster at something?

It's explained in the exact same section of the wiki as the link I just confirmed Angry

sorry Smile I was just looking for a layman's quick explanation.
(2016-02-02, 10:43)bolmsted Wrote: sorry Smile I was just looking for a layman's quick explanation.

That is the layman's explanation Smile
since i have ASUS Chromeboxes is this build the best most stable build OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.98-fritsch.tar to run on them since it fixes the wifi dropping issues after a reboot or is there a better release?

Thanks
(2016-02-02, 16:23)LilSnoop40 Wrote: since i have ASUS Chromeboxes is this build the best most stable build OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-6.0.98-fritsch.tar to run on them since it fixes the wifi dropping issues after a reboot or is there a better release?

Thanks
It has now been superseded by my 6.0.198-Intel_EGL release, linked on the wiki
Can i use the Intel EGL OpenElec build on my HP Stream Mini Pc, I'm currently running the official OpenElec generic build on it. Or is it just for the chrome boxes?
(2016-02-02, 17:43)nemsis72 Wrote: Can i use the Intel EGL OpenElec build on my HP Stream Mini Pc, I'm currently running the official OpenElec generic build on it. Or is it just for the chrome boxes? And what is the difference between the builds? Thank you!

RTFW (or the last 5 posts before yours) Smile
Kodi page down? Somebody can up this 6.0.198 version?
(2016-02-02, 20:27)magy77 Wrote: Kodi page down? Somebody can up this 6.0.198 version?

edit: links removed, version superseded
Gracias Mr. ChromeBox
Those download links should be in the wiki (also for manual update). Smile

And thank you again!
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
(2016-02-03, 18:24)BoxFreak Wrote: Those download links should be in the wiki (also for manual update). Smile

And thank you again!

they already are, the only reason I reposted them here is because the Kodi wiki site was down at the time.
As I'm heading towards creating a new OpenELEC dual-boot system from scratch, I probably should first set the startup options to default and perform a factory reset just to be sure. At the moment, I'm unable to boot to ChromeOS to launch the EZ script. No matter how early or how much I try to hit [CTRL+D], I just get the dreaded low memory error. I have been able to boot to ChromeOS with the keyboard I've tried so it cannot be the problem here. That means, I shouldn't perform a factory reset as per the wiki.

How the get around the problem without bricking the device?
  • 403(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37