• 16(current)
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?
Maybe I misunderstand what you're recommending then. My understanding is MythTV (at least for Android devices) is just a front end to the MythTV DVR/server that you need running on another device.

Is there a MythTV app that is a straight media player that doesn't require the backend?
I wouldn't have a clue about android sorry. I am talking about running mythfrontend.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Android aside. How is a front end specific to a DVR program a replacement for a fully functioning media player?
I'm really confused what you're recommending.
mythfrontend plays videos as well as recorded TV. ie it IS a fully functioning media player.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Question 
Hi

I've just updated openelec to the latest Milhouse build (#2020) (on Rpi) using then OpenELEC-Dev-Build addon (http://ls80.github.io/script.openelec.devupdate/)
I'm unable to find the "accelerated playback speed" option at the menu location mentioned, or anywhere else.. Huh

I've tried to figure out if this has moved in the more recent builds, but no success.

Has it been moved or removed?
Or do I need to apply/add something else to get this ?

Thanks
Geno

(2016-01-07, 11:16)tripkip Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 23:59)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-10-10, 18:14)popcornmix Wrote: I've taken FenerMenta's update and added a GUI setting. It's in latest Milhouse build for Pi.
I believe it is also in Milhouse's latest x86 OpenELEC build.

Use settings/video/playback and change "Accelerated playback speed" from disabled to one of 110%, 120%, 130%, 140%, 150%.
Now when playing a video the first fastforward step will play with sped up audio.

Isn't this an odd spot to have the setting? Speeding up the video payback is something someone would normally want to do on a per-video basis, just like adjusting other video options while they're watching the video. Having it as an OSD setting option is also how other video players handle the feature.

I second this remark. This needs to be an OSD setting, so to be added in Krypton/Confluence.
I'm really stoked to have this feature in the future. Until then, can someone recommend a player that gives the best experience for lecture style YouTube videos (on Windows), that has audio speedup and pitch normalization maybe even skip silence? Remote support wouldn't hurt either. Thanks.
For Windows, VLC player all the way. It runs choppy on my Android TV, but on a PC it's smooth as glass and runs with the audio up to 4x speeds. +/- on your keypad lets you adjust the speed, but it should be mappable to a remote.
Been a while since ive been on here, so were kinda back to square one? official kodi devs just dont want to hear about it? maybe we should have a petition? aahah
its kind of sad that kodi can do so much, but is really lacking in this one department, which if all the devs got together, and their infinite coding knowledge, they can easily come up with a proper solution.
This function was added into the Milhouse nightly builds.
update:
I just checked and the option is still in the settings but it no longer works. Ill report it.
I had omxplayer enabled I don't know when I did that it does work sorry.
(2016-06-03, 15:04)tixx Wrote: Been a while since ive been on here, so were kinda back to square one? official kodi devs just dont want to hear about it? maybe we should have a petition? aahah
its kind of sad that kodi can do so much, but is really lacking in this one department, which if all the devs got together, and their infinite coding knowledge, they can easily come up with a proper solution.

Sorry my time is limited. Although I try to avoid writing that silly posts as you do, there are todos of higher priority. If you read this entire thread, you would know the current status.
An update to my suggestion, VLC runs choppy on my Android TV from a USB flash drive, but via DLNA using Plex it's completely smooth.
Unfortunately, I can't make VLC work with Serviio my preferred DLNA server.

Sounds like this is a dead issue for Kodi.
(2016-06-03, 18:52)FernetMenta Wrote:
(2016-06-03, 15:04)tixx Wrote: Been a while since ive been on here, so were kinda back to square one? official kodi devs just dont want to hear about it? maybe we should have a petition? aahah

Sorry my time is limited. Although I try to avoid writing that silly posts as you do, there are todos of higher priority. If you read this entire thread, you would know the current status.

sorry about the earlier post, but just being frustrated at the lack of backing from kodi. I know youve put time and effort into this so far, and theres still a long way to go, but you are doing this as a side project on your own it seems, and at the moment the issue is put on a back burner and stuck in side builds of kodi on pi. the fact that everyone says its not ever going to be supported by kodi (even in the last few posts) seems like that is always going to be the case.

this post has almost 100k views, im guessing its not as irrelevant as people think it is, and that it would actually be a welcome feature by a large number of kodi users.
It looks like this isn't just a fringe request anymore...

https://entertainment.slashdot.org/story...st-forward

I, for one, really look forward to it. I watch a lot of educational and talk-show video that would really benefit from it.
Trust me, being annoying about this and bumping the thread like that will only discourage the developers. They work on this in their free time, on features they are interested in. They don't work on or care about what is "most in demnand" or what slashdot cares about. That's how a volunteer open source project works.
(2016-06-27, 18:38)Ned Scott Wrote: Trust me, being annoying about this and bumping the thread like that will only discourage the developers.

So you bumped the thread to write that the thread shouldn't be bumped?

LMAO.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed up playback watching video (include 1.1x to 1.5x ffwd rate with audio)?11