• 82(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2016-02-16, 15:05)scansbar Wrote: Hello folks,
Is there a way by only using the Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home remote and hub to send the x,y commands or any additional commands to the shield? I read both forums and searched the internet many hours.
I came across folks using a usb to ir adapter but I'd like to stick with the harmony remote if possible.
I read about the key mapper and adding windows and Nvidia to an activity but didn't work. Maybe I'm not doing it right but hopefully someone out there has the expertise to assist. I honestly read every form and spend many hours and can't figure it out. Not sure if there is a step by step but would truly appreciate it if someone out there can help.
Thank you in advance
Mark

You can not add x, y or any other controller commands to the setup. However, you can add more control but it requires adding 2 devices to the Activity (Shield ATV via IR and Windows PC via BT). See the first post in this thread which has a link to the setup for Logitech Harmony Smart Control Hub.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi

I`m trying to find the best way of controlling my Shield, with my Harmony One (IR) remote.

1: I want it to be able to turn on the Shield and turn it off (sleep).

2: And I want to assign special keys, like change of subtitles, sound, etc etc.

I have a Flirc, but if it is not necessary, I would not use it.

And what component are you adding in the Harmony software and Flirc (whole keyboard/Just Kodi) to control the Shield?
What is the best to use, with or without Flirc?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
I have been having trouble too but made some head way and added computer to the devices. Then on my phone paired computer keyboard. All that work and now I can have any button act as a right click. A lot of work to have one extra button. But I'm no expert on it so I'm probably missing something.
Did I understand you right, that you are using your phone as an control? (the free android control for ATV)

For me, I just want to use my remote inside Kodi. Wife friendly :-)
Hi guys, I have one big issue and I can't found any solution on forum. I have router wchich send signal both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. I read that if I want to watch streams and have stable connection I should use 5ghz. When watching movies and clips on build in youtube app everything works just fine. But it doesn't in kodi. When trying play any streams it plays just few seconds of video and freeze. I can not at this time do anything with app, I need to wait about 30 seconds and then get information that it buffer video but it stops at 0% and do nothing. At this time I can quit streaming and do whatever I want. Overall when connected to 5ghz wifi streaming is not working in kodi, only on basic 2,4ghz. Any ideas why? Any solution? Have any of You exeperienced such a problem? My router is Tp-link archer d2 if it helps. Thanks!
Kodi is indifferent to your internet/lan connection. It probably has more to do with whatever stream/addon you are using.
But I experience this on different addons, not just one.
(2016-02-18, 10:47)pettergulbra Wrote: Hi

I`m trying to find the best way of controlling my Shield, with my Harmony One (IR) remote.........

Here is my current setup with a Harmony 650 and Flirc.

Harmony Set Up
1: Add Flirc to My Harmony devices as Flirc Kodi, half the commands will not work.

Outside of obvious buttons I have Button First, then Command:

Info = Info (Duh)
Guide = Context
Menu = Parent Folder
Exit = Rotate (Rotate is a redundant command)
Channel Up = Page Up
Channel Down = Page Down
Up Arrow = Codec Info (this is not Direction Up, this is the Up/Down control just below LCD screen)
Down Arrow = Screenshot (As above)
Skip Forward = Big Step Forward
Skip Backward = Big Skip Back
Record = Power Off
Previous Channel = Back

Screen Buttons, whatever you want, I have:

Screenshot
Codec Info
Next Subtitle
Subtitle On/Off
Toggle Watched
Fullscreen (doesn't work)
Audio Next Language (doesn't work)
Toggle Fullscreen (doesn't work)
Zoom Control
Aspect
Context Menu

As you see some duplicates of hard buttons in case I have brain fade, and some that don't work, for when they can.

Flirc Setup.
Use the program for the computer start with Kodi Controller and assign

Toggle Subtitles
Fullscreen
Volume Controls
Home

Use Full Keyboard Controller
Assign Kodi keyboard commands relevant to the control settings in the Harmony setup.
Page Up & Down = Page Up & Down has to be done again, as the default Flirc Kodi Harmony setting will actually result in Up & Down.
Rotate = Escape
For the rest I followed this – http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

I made sure to reassign most things to ensure it was accurate, including all numbers.

Then set-up your Activity as you like. I have Nvidia native controls where at all possible, then Flirc after that.

Flirc are working on a Shield TV Controller profile, but nothing has come of it so far, see here - http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/1...shield-tv/
Does anyone have installed the test marshmallow rom?!
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
(2016-02-19, 01:12)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: Here is my current setup with a Harmony 650 and Flirc.

Use Full Keyboard Controller
Assign Kodi keyboard commands relevant to the control settings in the Harmony setup.
Page Up & Down = Page Up & Down has to be done again, as the default Flirc Kodi Harmony setting will actually result in Up & Down.
Rotate = Escape
For the rest I followed this – http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

Maybe I am way off here, but would it be possible to choose an keyboard i Harmony setup instead (don`t really know if there is one),
and assign the right keys to the right keys in the Flirc?
So we just could follow the normal setup of Kodi, X=Stop, P=Play and W=Warched and so on?

Or is this just not possible? (just tought of this, as if I use an normal keyboard attaced that works :-))
(2016-02-18, 20:36)Cob2 Wrote: But I experience this on different addons, not just one.
One way around would be to load Android TV streaming apps to your shield and use those instead. Just mark them as favorites in Kodi and launch them instead of the python based addons in Kodi
(2016-02-19, 20:59)pettergulbra Wrote: Maybe I am way off here, but would it be possible to choose an keyboard i Harmony setup instead (don`t really know if there is one),

No, you do the opposite, set the keyboard up on the Flirc, and assign it to controls in the Harmony.
(2016-02-19, 16:10)onesolo Wrote: Does anyone have installed the test marshmallow rom?!

You can install it yourself, links in this post - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257190
(2016-02-19, 23:43)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2016-02-19, 16:10)onesolo Wrote: Does anyone have installed the test marshmallow rom?!

You can install it yourself, links in this post - http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=257190

If you have the 500GB model yes, the 16GB link is broken.

You could also just request OTA from nVidia.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
@Hiphopopotamus:
I think I understood, you ment to add Flirc Kodi inside the Harmony GUI. Use the buttons from that "remote" and link that with both Kodi and Full keyboard in Flirc setup GUI.

But is it enough free commands/buttons in Flirc Kodi to add extra commands?

In my little head, I thought it would be easier to set and normal keyboard in Harmony setup (mce keyboard), and just use the same buttons straight over to the full keyboard in Flirc. This because Kodi is made to be controlled with that. Just a thought. But if Shield can't do it, then it is a no go.

Sorry for the questions, but like to be sure and understanding before I try to much. Smile
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6