All the loose-ends should be in v0.7.32

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.32.zip

v0.7.32 (2016-02-22)
- fix for single-file cache not clearing between plays
- fix: prompt user with cache + original in never transcode mode
- make offline stream files a video extension for universal playback
- fix transcode selection screen disappearing after a fix in 0.7.31
- add option to settings to terminate cache download on playback user-stopped
You're THE HERO!!! I tried lots of combinations in settings, everything seems fine. I'll let you know if I find anything wrong but, for now... great!!! Big Grin

Thank you so much for all the work.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-02-21, 10:36)finalmakerr Wrote: Thank you!
I really like your work Smile

btw will it auto select public too? I simply want it to not show the dialogselect window.

I have downloaded 0.7.17 today but issue remain - It's still show dialog select both for public and quality.

Please don't rush yourself we will wait Smile
(2016-02-22, 17:20)finalmakerr Wrote:

btw will it auto select public too? I simply want it to not show the dialogselect window.

I have downloaded 0.7.17 today but issue remain - It's still show dialog select both for public and quality.

I don't get what you're asking. I'd be glad to help if I could. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-02-22, 16:45)ashlar Wrote: You're THE HERO!!! I tried lots of combinations in settings, everything seems fine. I'll let you know if I find anything wrong but, for now... great!!! Big Grin

Thank you so much for all the work.

Far from. I did notice that in the recent change in the last 24 hours that when you play + cache, it didn't bother asking for transcoding selection, but then again, maybe I had never transcode selected. It was a minor thing at minimum. Music cache was failing to playback last week if you clicked on it to replay, but I was going to test it again today and fix if not working.

Still got a lot of exhaustive testing with subtitles and timed text in cache mode before I would consider things working. After all the testing and tweaks are done, then it'll be ready for promoting to non-testing. Then I can start rolling out some of the testing changes I've been thinking up.
Nonetheless a (very) small donation was the least I could do to thank you for all the effort. Cheers!
(2016-02-22, 17:20)finalmakerr Wrote:

Since you are using the non-testing it won't show up in the non-testing build until the build has been tested and signed off. I don't like to push out new builds to the general public to have them auto-update and realize they can't playback anymore. I have a long list of automated and manual test cases that I need to see working before I'm happy (regression testing). I was hoping to them done last week. I did go through each last week at least once, but there was a slew of left-over issues needing work. Working on those this week.

I could generate a special build that you can validate if the fix works. It would be based off 0.7.17 with only the one single fix you requested.

It would be a good time to also let me know if there is a feature you need that is missing.
(2016-02-22, 19:13)ashlar Wrote: Nonetheless a (very) small donation was the least I could do to thank you for all the effort. Cheers!

I appreciate it. Donations help to pay for hosting the repository and my Google Apps account that I use to host the scripts and test cases, etc.
What i saw is that caching through the plugin seems slower than using Kodi's cache and "opening it up" through advancedsettings.xml (
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache).

Checking with task manager in Windows we are talking one third the speed with the plugin compared to Kodi's caching (which clearly offers less functionality).
(2016-02-22, 19:14)dmdsoftware Wrote: Since you are using the non-testing it won't show up in the non-testing build until the build has been tested and signed off. I don't like to push out new builds to the general public to have them auto-update and realize they can't playback anymore. I have a long list of automated and manual test cases that I need to see working before I'm happy (regression testing). I was hoping to them done last week. I did go through each last week at least once, but there was a slew of left-over issues needing work. Working on those this week.

I could generate a special build that you can validate if the fix works. It would be based off 0.7.17 with only the one single fix you requested.

It would be a good time to also let me know if there is a feature you need that is missing.

Thank you very much! I will be happy to test it out.
One more thing i have a conern of is sending not only the URL but information to the video player:
Code:
liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(name, iconImage="DefaultFolder.png", thumbnailImage=iconimage)
    liz.setInfo( type="Video", infoLabels={ "Title": name, "Plot": desc} )

I have those information in my plugins and would like to pass them along with the URL.
(2016-02-23, 04:41)ashlar Wrote: What i saw is that caching through the plugin seems slower than using Kodi's cache and "opening it up" through advancedsettings.xml (

Checking with task manager in Windows we are talking one third the speed with the plugin compared to Kodi's caching (which clearly offers less functionality).
Hmmm... I need to do more tests on this. I'll report back if I can confirm it.
(2016-02-23, 17:26)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 04:41)ashlar Wrote: What i saw is that caching through the plugin seems slower than using Kodi's cache and "opening it up" through advancedsettings.xml (

You mean it uses 1/3rd the network bandwidth?

There might be better optimizations with chunk sizing, etc, that I can test. Also, I had to add a sleep that would slow down the caching to allow for KODI to listen for player interrupts. Without the sleep, it seems to miss the player stopping a video interrupt (which I use to stop a download if user sets that up).
(2016-02-23, 09:50)finalmakerr Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 19:14)dmdsoftware Wrote: Since you are using the non-testing it won't show up in the non-testing build until the build has been tested and signed off. I don't like to push out new builds to the general public to have them auto-update and realize they can't playback anymore. I have a long list of automated and manual test cases that I need to see working before I'm happy (regression testing). I was hoping to them done last week. I did go through each last week at least once, but there was a slew of left-over issues needing work. Working on those this week.

Thank you very much! I will be happy to test it out.
One more thing i have a conern of is sending not only the URL but information to the video player:
Code:
liz = xbmcgui.ListItem(name, iconImage="DefaultFolder.png", thumbnailImage=iconimage)
    liz.setInfo( type="Video", infoLabels={ "Title": name, "Plot": desc} )

I have those information in my plugins and would like to pass them along with the URL.

Will add this functionality.
(2016-02-23, 18:05)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 17:26)ashlar Wrote:

There might be better optimizations with chunk sizing, etc, that I can test. Also, I had to add a sleep that would slow down the caching to allow for KODI to listen for player interrupts. Without the sleep, it seems to miss the player stopping a video interrupt (which I use to stop a download if user sets that up).
Yes, upon further testing it seems that bandwidth gets capped somehow. With both DVDPlayer and DSPlayer. If I access gdrive from NetDrive2 (which basically gets you gdrive as a regular drive on your PC), it has unrestricted bandwidth, so I think it's something in the plugin that limits it. What's strange is that I think it wasn't like this until a few versions ago (when we isolated the problem on cache). I had to do use it without cache but then bandwidth was full. Now it seems capped.

See the following two pics:

This one shows DVDPlayer reproducing a movie through NetDrive2:

This one shows DVDPlayer reproducing the same movie through your plugin:

Your plugin starts fast but then hits a plateau of some sort, whereas with NetDrive2 bandwidth is more or less free to go wherever Google allows it to go.

Edit: This is also interesting. While reproducing the above movie through your plugin, I sought ahead. You can see bandwidth use jumping up for a little while and then settling down on the capped situation.

(2016-02-23, 18:27)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 18:05)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 17:26)ashlar Wrote: Hmmm... I need to do more tests on this. I'll report back if I can confirm it.

Yes, upon further testing it seems that bandwidth gets capped somehow. With both DVDPlayer and DSPlayer. If I access gdrive from NetDrive2 (which basically gets you gdrive as a regular drive on your PC), it has unrestricted bandwidth, so I think it's something in the plugin that limits it. What's strange is that I think it wasn't like this until a few versions ago (when we isolated the problem on cache). I had to do use it without cache but then bandwidth was full. Now it seems capped.

See the following two pics:

This one shows DVDPlayer reproducing a movie through NetDrive2:

This one shows DVDPlayer reproducing the same movie through your plugin:

Your plugin starts fast but then hits a plateau of some sort, whereas with NetDrive2 bandwidth is more or less free to go wherever Google allows it to go.

Edit: This is also interesting. While reproducing the above movie through your plugin, I sought ahead. You can see bandwidth use jumping up for a little while and then settling down on the capped situation.

Can you confirm the name of the stream file that is downloaded? It almost sounds like it is caching a transcoded stream.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12