• 8(current)
Beta Youtube Library
Sleuteltje, this is a great add-on! It is exactly what I was looking for. I do have a question for you about how often it "updates". I have a playlist that has a new eps everyday at 8am. I noticed it usually won't show up in my recently added episodes until several hours later. I can go into the context menu and hit "update now" and it will add it.

Is there a way to increase the automatic update frequency or change the time it is set to update?

Keep up the great work!
Rainbow 
Version 0.9.6 is here!
Its been a long wait, but it has been more work than I would've liked it to be Sad. But we do have a lot nicer addon now Smile. It brings a lot of new features & bugfixes. Most importantly; encoding issues are fixed now! Japanese characters are accepted in dirnames etc. The only problem is I can't seem to get japanese characters to work in the frontend of Kodi, but all will still work fine! If you have a configuration with "weird" characters in it, you will notice episodes are now being put into different folders. If it causes problems, please re-scan these shows.

The most important new feature this version brings is the option to update playlists at a specific day and time. You can set this differently for each playlist. See the changelog for all fixes / features.

The next features that are on the list to be included before version 1.0 are (from there we'll hopefully get to v1.1):
- Movie support
- Setting a startpoint for videos to start at from certain channels (to skip annoying standard beginnings)
- Setting an endpoint for videos to end from certain channels (to skip annoying standard endings)
- Donor function. I wanna do something special for my (currently) one and only donor <3 (See the first post if you like to donate, steam games also welcome to relax after this whole coding xD). Every endresult the donor version can do, the free version can to. And always will!
- Translations
- Maybe a community list?

Download Youtube Library v0.9.6
Code:
0.9.6:
- Uses normal icon/fanart again. (if you liked the newyear art better, you can still find it in the root)
- Added Feature: Only grab the last X videos instead of grabbing all videos from the channel / playlist
- Completely redid the way the service works, making different updating rules for each playlist possible
- Added Feature: Set frequency of updates for each playlist seperately
- Added Feature: Set desired day of the week for the updating of playlists
- Added Feature: Set desired time of the day for the updating of playlists
- Added Feature: song_fallback: video title (original). Just use the original video title as the song title, just as it is on youtube.
- Added Feature: Creates artist.nfo & artwork (unfortunatly kodi does not seem to grab these. Perhaps some skins will)
- Added: You can turn on/off the notify message when a playlist gets updated
- Added: TV Fanart also saved in a subdir called extrafanart
- Added: TV .strm & .nfo files are now stored in subdirectories of their season
- Fixed Bug: Unicode error when playing videos
- Fixed Bug: Unicode file paths (japanese characters etc work)
- Fix: Support for smb:// paths
- Fix: When song_fallback is set to video title / video title (original) & artist_recognisition is set to hardcoded, just those values will be used. No further stripping or altering of the artist / song will be done
- Fix: special://profile is now used (fix for double userdata/userdata included :S)
- Fix: Changed service start from startup to login
- Fix: Since the googleoathclient module is fixed, ytlibrary can depend on that now and loses its own oathclient.
- LOTS of small fixes & little changes
Feedback welcome!

all_users_with_suggestions_and_bugs_before Wrote:.... suggestions & bugs...
All should be fixed now Big Grin! And I think even all feature requests are implemented!

(2016-02-25, 06:33)waverz Wrote: Sleuteltje, this is a great add-on! It is exactly what I was looking for.
Is there a way to increase the automatic update frequency or change the time it is set to update?
Thnx Smile. In v0.9.5, you can change the frequency of how many times the addon updates the playlists in the addon settings (Library settings -> Scan for new Tv Shows / Music Videos every X hours).
In the new v0.9.6 you can even set a specific day of the week and time of day for each playlist seperately Big Grin!
Thanks for the update and especially for the ability to set the desired time of the day for the updating of playlists.

The version number still shows as v0.9.5 (the addon.xml shows version="0.9.5.1")
(2016-02-26, 03:23)pdops Wrote: Thanks for the update and especially for the ability to set the desired time of the day for the updating of playlists.

The version number still shows as v0.9.5 (the addon.xml shows version="0.9.5.1")
How very strange, it did sync with v0.9.6 in addon.xml on my git. I've repackaged the whole deal and adjusted the links just to be sure.
I downloaded the file again, reinstalled and the proper version number is displayed. I didn't test things after the first install but I'm now getting an error when I try to play a video. I get the 'First Run' pop-up, click OK and get the error

Looking at the log file I think it might be a problem with the path to the Settings.xml file
Code:
IOError: (2, 'No such file or directory', '/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/Settings/settings.xml')

On my system (OSMC running on a RaspberryPi) the path is:
\\OSMC\osmc\.kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtubelibrary\Settings\settings.xml

Note the extra 'userdata' in the path from the log file.

Let me know if you want the entire log file.
Hi, same thing here.

As soon as I did the upgrade, or install from zip over the previous version. I got same log error. I did a workaround, removed all, dependencies included, clean all cache, reinstalled. But couldn't figure out where was the link error, while I saw google api errors. Noticed:

Quote:'/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/Settings/settings.xml' where should be:
'/home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtubelibrary/Settings/settings.xml'

I did a uninstall again, and I rolled back to v0.9.5, now working smooth and nice in 0.9.5. I past you the log Smile http://pastebin.com/gMApAvUr

the v0.9.5 gave me a warm welcome back Big Grin
Quote:21:24:15 1240.220947 T:1450914736 NOTICE: MICHS YOUTUBELIBRARY plugin.video.youtubelibrary: SERVICE.py started!
21:24:16 1240.910400 T:1450914736 NOTICE: MICHS YoutubeLibrary:::::::: Running

ps: running on RPI 2, Kodi 16.0 "Jarvis"
Hey, thanks for this. Very useful.
(2016-02-26, 07:55)pdops Wrote: ...
Note the extra 'userdata' in the path from the log file.
Yes, I thought I fixed it. But I probably assumed windows paths to much. Hopefully v0.9.6.1 will fix it for you.

(2016-02-26, 23:40)spyvspyaeon Wrote: Hi, same thing here.
Yes, I see you are also running Linux. Please try the new version to.

(2016-02-27, 01:55)bluenote Wrote: Hey, thanks for this. Very useful.
You're welcome. Thnx for coming by and saying thanks without a bug report Smile! I sometimes get the feeling I wouldn't have heard from most users if they haven't got a problem with the addon Sad.
(2016-02-27, 15:21)Sleuteltje Wrote: ...Yes, I thought I fixed it. But I probably assumed windows paths to much. Hopefully v0.9.6.1 will fix it for you.
Yup that fixed it (and it shows the correct version number). Thanks for all your hard work.
(2016-02-26, 02:36)Sleuteltje Wrote: - Added Feature: Set frequency of updates for each playlist separately
There is the original frequency setting under 'Library Settings' then settings under 'Default TV Show Settings' and 'Default Music Videos Settings'. Which has priority or am I misunderstanding what the original setting does?

Quote:- Added: You can turn on/off the notify message when a playlist gets updated
I don't see this setting?
(2016-02-27, 17:57)pdops Wrote:
(2016-02-27, 15:21)Sleuteltje Wrote: ...Yes, I thought I fixed it. But I probably assumed windows paths to much. Hopefully v0.9.6.1 will fix it for you.
Yup that fixed it (and it shows the correct version number). Thanks for all your hard work.
Thnx.
Nice that fixed it. Could be nice if other OS users can confirm it works to.

(2016-02-27, 18:08)pdops Wrote:
(2016-02-26, 02:36)Sleuteltje Wrote: - Added Feature: Set frequency of updates for each playlist separately
There is the original frequency setting under 'Library Settings' then settings under 'Default TV Show Settings' and 'Default Music Videos Settings'. Which has priority or am I misunderstanding what the original setting does?
The original frequency setting under 'Library settings' has changed in its behaviour. It is the number of minutes the service waits before checking if playlists have to be updated. So lets say it is set at 30 minutes. This means it will check every playlist every 30 minutes if it meets the requirements to be updated. If you have a playlist that should be updated every day at 20:00 it could happen it will only do so at 20:23 if you have this setting set at 30 minutes (because the last time the service checked is 19:53).

So it doesn't really take priority. Its just how many times it will check if playlists should be updated.

The setting under at TV show / Music videos settings regulates when a playlist should be updated (like every 12 hours or every monday at 23:00). What you set in the addon settings will be the default choice when you add new playlists. But you can set this seperately for each playlist.

Quote:- Added: You can turn on/off the notify message when a playlist gets updated
Yeah, made a typing error so the label wasn't visible. You can see it in v0.9.6.2 under Addon settings -> Library Settings.
(2016-02-27, 18:57)Sleuteltje Wrote:
Yeah, made a typing error so the label wasn't visible. You can see it in v0.9.6.2 under Addon settings -> Library Settings.
Thanks for the explanation of the update settings and I do see 'turn on/off the notify message' setting now in v0.9.6.2
Again, I bloody love you addon, and all your effort. I did ( uninstall complete, including remove the addon_data from the addon). Installed the latest and 5 stars!!

1st - I'll drop you a fee for the support and dev. asap.
2nd - To share ideas that I am using atm. I have a group of friends, about science and for long time we share between us youtube playlists (basically we add everything we like in the subject). So on your addon we all can watch the same playlists, that we are all sharing within. Smile

Thanks to you, and thanks again!
Cheers M8
(2016-02-27, 19:59)pdops Wrote: Thanks for the explanation of the update settings and I do see 'turn on/off the notify message' setting now in v0.9.6.2
You're welcome. Thnx for using my addon Smile. Spread the word! Convert the heathens!

(2016-02-28, 01:05)spyvspyaeon Wrote: Again, I bloody love you addon, and all your effort. I did ( uninstall complete, including remove the addon_data from the addon). Installed the latest and 5 stars!!

1st - I'll drop you a fee for the support and dev. asap.
2nd - To share ideas that I am using atm. I have a group of friends, about science and for long time we share between us youtube playlists (basically we add everything we like in the subject). So on your addon we all can watch the same playlists, that we are all sharing within. Smile

Thanks to you, and thanks again!
Cheers M8
5 out of 5 stars I hope Tongue? Thnx for your kind words Big Grin. The new version should be compatible with old settings.xml files (no need to delete your userdata directory). It will just use defaults when the new settings are not set yet. I'm not sure I quite follow what you're saying on your 2nd point.
(2016-02-28, 03:42)Sleuteltje Wrote: (no need to delete your userdata directory).

Thank was the only way to get riddle of that error logs. For some reason, I couldn't add or remove playlists (kept that link error in the log). Deleted the addon data and reinstalled and solved the problem Big Grin sharing my solution, might help someone. Wink
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Youtube Library3