• 241(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2016-02-28, 12:25)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 11:38)thumber Wrote: First of all, Congrats on RC1 guys. Great Job.

Just installed it and setting stuff up. I did stumble on something with Genres under Movies tho.

When i initially entered Genres, it was on "List" view, i normally have it on "Showcase", so i go to switch it and find these 3 options.
Are these the only options available now? No showcase? and why can't i choose "List" which it was originally on.

Im running Windows, Jarvis and the newest build from Master Branch after the RC1 announcement.

Looks like Mike still has a little work to do on the conditions for the new view selector Smile In the meantime, you can go back to the old one - which should give you all the options you had previously - by toggling 'Enable New View Selector' from the very bottom of the General screen in skin settings.

Ah nice, thanks BobCratchett. Disabled that setting, and it was back to normal, Ill check in future updates to see if its fixed.
Running Kodi Krypton/Aeon Nox Silvo on Nvidia Shield
(2016-02-28, 11:38)thumber Wrote: First of all, Congrats on RC1 guys. Great Job.

Just installed it and setting stuff up. I did stumble on something with Genres under Movies tho.

When i initially entered Genres, it was on "List" view, i normally have it on "Showcase", so i go to switch it and find these 3 options.
Are these the only options available now? No showcase? and why can't i choose "List" which it was originally on.

Im running Windows, Jarvis and the newest build from Master Branch after the RC1 announcement.
should be fixed now ... i add some more possible views
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2016-02-28, 09:12)schimi2k Wrote: @Lockos
nonono...the bet between me and Bob is something else - its absolute Okay when you guys post your problems, and when you are posting screenshots its even better - so please keep posting when you have some troubles !

because of your problem - you say you delete guisettings.xml and all those textures files etc - if you check my first page tutorials you can see, that with JARVIS kodi have change something realy IMPORTANT ( and realy good ) - the pure SKIN settings are stored now in a single settings.xml file in
...Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeon.madnox" folder >>> settings.xml
the guisettings.xml dont need to "refresh" anymore if you have madnox problems with jarvis and after

but i can reproduce your problem - when you go to viewtype setting-appearance setup - and change the layout from thumbnail to fanart you will get at least a fanart at this position... we need to check this problem Smile THX 4 finding this
with all this many possible combinations its impossible for us to check all those combinations Wink

(2016-02-28, 10:07)BobCratchett Wrote: @Lockos - I've just PR'd what I hope will fix the missing image to Mike.

Damn you're fast guys ! Thanks I will try that in a minute !

Can I make advantage of your speed in answers to get an answer on this ? (I posted a question on Kodi animation thread but no answer) :

Does anyone knows what is the max duration of a gif supported by Kodi ? I use 6 seconds gifs for my animated landscapes but it seems that they have been cut so they are shorter to fit Kodi requirements.

Can we increase this duration ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
Hey everyone,

I've been trying to setup my main menu using the new skin shortcuts in RC1.

I'm having trouble finding out how to make a simple Video Folder (SMB) in the main menu, can anyone give me a hint on how to?

Thanks in advance
Running Kodi Krypton/Aeon Nox Silvo on Nvidia Shield
ATTENTION ATTENTION

we need some help with some of our translation files - we already have: English, Spanish and German translated
if someone here could help with translation of a different language - please contact me for info and for help if needed
you can do it with normal text editor or much better with the tool "poedit"
i can send you some instruction screens if you want - its just read and translate
( Language IDs are still WIP - will be fixed step by step Wink )

thx in advanced Smile

UPDATE:
French - Lockos >>> DONE and available - THX for Help Smile

ATTENTION ATTENTION
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

@Shimi : sent you a pm for french translation
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
(2016-02-28, 14:09)schimi2k Wrote:
ATTENTION ATTENTION

we need some help with some of our translation files - we already have: English, Spanish and German translated
if someone here could help with translation of a different language - please contact me for info and for help if needed
i can send you some instruction screens if you want - its just read and translate

thx in advanced Smile

ATTENTION ATTENTION

I have not a lot of time but i can help some day like today..... .(french)

a little mistake in trad here.

So good work team!! Congrats for RC1
(2016-02-28, 14:36)alantino46 Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 14:09)schimi2k Wrote:
ATTENTION ATTENTION

thx in advanced Smile

ATTENTION ATTENTION

I have not a lot of time but i can help some day like today..... .(french)

a little mistake in trad here.

So good work team!! Congrats for RC1

Okay I'll correct that, thanks !
très bien Big Grin

(2016-02-28, 14:06)thumber Wrote: Hey everyone,

I've been trying to setup my main menu using the new skin shortcuts in RC1.

I'm having trouble finding out how to make a simple Video Folder (SMB) in the main menu, can anyone give me a hint on how to?

Thanks in advance

To the 'files' (non-library) view? 'Choose item for main menu' or 'Choose action' (if you want the label and icon set or not) > 'Video Library >' > 'Sources >' > [Your source] > 'Create menu item to here' > 'Files view' (the others options auto-create smart playlists to show content from that source in the library)
Congratulations madnox mad men on the rc1. Gonna try this on my rpi2 later. Can you recommend an openelec version? Only asking here as I read many pages back that one of the madnox devs use an rpi2. Thanks :-)
i am using the latest from "Chris Swan" over leopold repo... have no big problems with it, but its still not a final kodi16... the only other good version you can test is the Milhouse version from 03.December 2015 - but this is the BETA 3 of kodi 16 ... ( the 04.12 have some problems with 3d and passthrough )
but i didnt test the swan rls with 3d stuff or passthrough, because i use the lill PEEPEE ( i call this lill bugger peepee ... cause its soooo cute hehe ) just in my bedroom for some tvshows or sometimes a movie
maybe this will help you a bit:
http://devupdate.leopold.me.uk/#installation

dont know if you will get this "problem" too, but on my settings, i need to wait 14-20 seconds when i first access any library ! on second access its just 2-3 seconds until next reboot ( not realy often hehe ) - i am using a SQL server and ... lets say a normal Movie/TVshow collection

good luck

Thanks. I had the same issue with library when I last tried madnox on my rpi2 about 3 months ago. But seeing as it's on 24/7 it's not really an issue. I use a buffalo linkstation nas drive. Cheap, cheerfull and does the trick for my house. I won't be using 3d or pass through on it as it's just going straight into a TV in my bedroom
Small RC-1 Tipps Update !

>>> General Main Menu Settings <<<

have fun Smile

(2016-02-28, 09:12)schimi2k Wrote: @Lockos
nonono...the bet between me and Bob is something else - its absolute Okay when you guys post your problems, and when you are posting screenshots its even better - so please keep posting when you have some troubles !

because of your problem - you say you delete guisettings.xml and all those textures files etc - if you check my first page tutorials you can see, that with JARVIS kodi have change something realy IMPORTANT ( and realy good ) - the pure SKIN settings are stored now in a single settings.xml file in
...Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeon.madnox" folder >>> settings.xml
the guisettings.xml dont need to "refresh" anymore if you have madnox problems with jarvis and after

but i can reproduce your problem - when you go to viewtype setting-appearance setup - and change the layout from thumbnail to fanart you will get at least a fanart at this position... we need to check this problem Smile THX 4 finding this
with all this many possible combinations its impossible for us to check all those combinations Wink

@schimi and @Lockos,

I found that if you enable extra-fanart, then the fanart shows up correctly, so in the mean time, that can be a workaround.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Disregard this post, I am slow today, this has already been fixed!
  • 241(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39