• 413(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2016-02-29, 21:51)giant25 Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 21:18)Neil123 Wrote:
(2016-02-28, 23:11)Matt Devo Wrote: Yes, there are examples on the Chromebox wiki page, linked in my sig. The one recommended for 4k sets should work for you

Seriously am I blind, I have been looking for 2 1/2 hours on the wiki page and I cant find the examples you are refering to Matt. Could you point me in right direction please..
This is my autostart.sh:

#!/bin/sh
xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080 -r 60

Place it in /storage/.config

Thanks giant25
Where should I post with issues regarding losing video connection (sometimes it goes in and out while watching) as well as losing sound?

Sometimes the only way to fix these are a full reboot...

Should I post in the hardware forum or here?
(2016-02-29, 23:55)jmhenry5150 Wrote: Where should I post with issues regarding losing video connection (sometimes it goes in and out while watching) as well as losing sound?

Sounds like a HDMI handshaking issue. Are you connected thru an AVR? Tried a different hdmi cable?
(2016-03-01, 00:18)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 23:55)jmhenry5150 Wrote: Where should I post with issues regarding losing video connection (sometimes it goes in and out while watching) as well as losing sound?

Sounds like a HDMI handshaking issue. Are you connected thru an AVR? Tried a different hdmi cable?

I've had a lot of handshaking issues on the current wiki build as well. My tv is a vizio, connected through a Denon receiver. It is intermittent when changing refresh rates (even with 1.5 second delay). HDMI is good, it is an issue with the television brand I think. My plasma has no such issue with the same equipment and software. It hasn't bothered me enough to make a report as a simple on/off on the television corrects it.
script update 2016-02-29

- Update OpenELEC to v6.0.298-Intel_EGL
-- OpenELEC 6.0.2 + fritsch's 6.0.98 EGL enhancements
(2016-03-01, 00:48)jsp1 Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 00:18)Matt Devo Wrote:

I've had a lot of handshaking issues on the current wiki build as well. My tv is a vizio, connected through a Denon receiver. It is intermittent when changing refresh rates (even with 1.5 second delay). HDMI is good, it is an issue with the television brand I think. My plasma has no such issue with the same equipment and software. It hasn't bothered me enough to make a report as a simple on/off on the television corrects it.

Mine is a Sharp 70" with a Denon receiver (fairly new)...

To get the video back I just go back to DirecTV and then go back to Kodi...

The audio is a weird one - to get it back I have to reboot...and it usually dies right AFTER I finish watching something...

Could this be a Kodi issue? This started with the move to 6.0 I think...
(2016-03-01, 16:38)jmhenry5150 Wrote: Mine is a Sharp 70" with a Denon receiver (fairly new)...

The audio is a weird one - to get it back I have to reboot...and it usually dies right AFTER I finish watching something...

do you have auto-adjust refresh rate to match video frame rate enabled? If so, try turning that off. It's definitely not a Kodi issue; if anything it would be related to the video driver. You can always update to the 7.0 beta and see if it persists if disabling auto refresh rate switching doesn't help
(2016-03-01, 16:42)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2016-03-01, 16:38)jmhenry5150 Wrote: Mine is a Sharp 70" with a Denon receiver (fairly new)...

do you have auto-adjust refresh rate to match video frame rate enabled? If so, try turning that off. It's definitely not a Kodi issue; if anything it would be related to the video driver. You can always update to the 7.0 beta and see if it persists if disabling auto refresh rate switching doesn't help

Forgive my ignorance Smile

If the problems started at 6.0.0, and you say it could be a video driver - then wouldn't be a "Kodi issue"? I mean if the video driver changed with 6.0.0, could that be the root of my issues?

I will definitely try your suggestion - hopefully that will fix it...or the move to a stable 7.0 when it's released - I can deal with it for now...

Thanks!
(2016-03-01, 16:58)jmhenry5150 Wrote: Forgive my ignorance Smile

If the problems started at 6.0.0, and you say it could be a video driver - then wouldn't be a "Kodi issue"? I mean if the video driver changed with 6.0.0, could that be the root of my issues?

I will definitely try your suggestion - hopefully that will fix it...or the move to a stable 7.0 when it's released - I can deal with it for now...

Thanks!

no, it would be an OS / OpenELEC one - Kodi is just an application after all. The OpenELEC 7.0 beta build I've posted includes Kodi 16.0 and is "stable" - the only things holding up an official OE 7.0 beta release are related to other platforms (not the Generic x86_64 build). I've been running it for a while now on my main box, and if there were any issues I'd have heard about it by now ;-)
(2016-03-01, 17:02)Matt Devo Wrote: no, it would be an OS / OpenELEC one - Kodi is just an application after all. The OpenELEC 7.0 beta build I've posted includes Kodi 16.0 and is "stable" - the only things holding up an official OE 7.0 beta release are related to other platforms (not the Generic x86_64 build). I've been running it for a while now on my main box, and if there were any issues I'd have heard about it by now ;-)

Right on - I forgot kodi was not the OS...thanks for the help!
I'm thinking of downgrading from OE 7.0 beta to 6.0.398 to see if it will fix some issues. Has anyone done this successfully without having to do a clean install? I'm concerned about some plugins I have installed such as the skin Xonfluence which was upgraded to a version for OE 7.0 beta.
script update 2016-03-01

- Update OpenELEC to v6.0.398-Intel_EGL
-- OpenELEC 6.0.3 + fritsch's 6.0.98 EGL enhancements

no real change from 6.0.2/298, as the changes in 6.0.3/398 only affect ARM-based devices, but wanted to keep everything up to date
(2016-03-02, 03:39)wongnog Wrote: I'm thinking of downgrading from OE 7.0 beta to 6.0.398 to see if it will fix some issues. Has anyone done this successfully without having to do a clean install? I'm concerned about some plugins I have installed such as the skin Xonfluence which was upgraded to a version for OE 7.0 beta.

do a clean install, trying to boot up OE6/Kodi 15.2 with OE7/Kodi 16 data structures in place is going to cause issues, without question.
does anyone else use an HP chromebox with both HDMI and displayport output? before Jarvis dual output via this method worked perfectly for me. It no longer works now though running OpenElec on the chromebox. I don't think there is a stable version of OpeneElec for Jarvis out yet on their page I've been running nightlies and even Krypton nightlies.

basically now, you can see the boot up process on the 2nd display but after that it is just a blank screen.

EDIT - ok i see there are specific versions of OpenElec for the chromebox in the wiki now i will try one of those.

I have tried both of these

OpenELEC 6.0 / Kodi 15.2 (stable: 6.0.398-Intel_EGL)
OpenELEC 7.0 / Kodi 16.0 (unofficial beta: 6.94.2)

the same problem still exists with both.
Matt,

Thanks very much for your dedication, I have used your standalone coreboot code to setup a Plex standalone server. It has been working rock solid for well for over a year.

I just picked up a new ChromeBox relatively cheap on eBay: Dell ChromeBox 3010 (Haswell i7-4600U) [Tricky]

I noticed the following in your custom coreboot firmware warning.

- Dell ChromeBox 3010 (Haswell Celeron 2955U/i3-4030U) [Tricky]

The i7-4600U processor is not listed (for Dell anyway). I was wondering if there was anyway you can add support for this specific ChromeBox? Or is it already added, just not on the list?

Thanks in advance for your time.
  • 413(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37