• 262(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2016-03-03, 22:43)WolvesPhil Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 00:43)bsoriano Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 23:52)WolvesPhil Wrote: I know you put the info in the first few posts but I am unable to find out how to configure smart playlists in the new version. We use it for recently added shows in a certain playlist etc

WolvesPhil,

Go into Skin Settings, Customizers, Set up the Aeon MadNox Main Menu, and add your playlist as a menu item, or, if that is what you are looking for, as a widget for one of your menu items. Please look at this post from schimi that shows all of the options and explains them: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2040817.

Please let me know if you still need help after looking at that. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Yes what I would like is to show as a widget with the recent unwatched added movies or episodes to that playlist.
I am able to follow your instructions and set the playlist up a as widget however this appears to show all items in the playlist alphabetically rather than recently added unwatched items.

I can't find the smartplaylist manager by following schimi's post - copied below

Most of the Settings here are for the Optics and Colors u want - important settings here is to set the paths to the wanted icons in "Customize Icons"
- under General Settings u can configure the Playlists in "Smartplaylist Manager" - if u dont see your playlists here, u dont have the Addons needed
(script.randomandlastitems and script.playlists) u should see your playlists directly > no need to search for them when u have them inside your playlistfolder
- In Main menu item customizer u configure your main menu - u can choose what items u want, widgets, backrounds etc...

Thanks
Phil

Phil,

In the RC1 version of MadNox, we don't have a smartplaylist manager anymore, it is actually not needed anymore.

To do what you want, create a playlist and include playcount = 0 as a rule, and order it by dateadded descending. You can also limit it to a certain number of items. Then, use that playlist as a widget.

Since I cannot add files here, here follow the contents my Recent Top 250 playlist, which shows the 25 most recent unwatched movies in my IMDB Top 250 playlist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>RecentTop250</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playlist" operator="is">
        <value>IMDB Top 250</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>25</limit>
    <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist>

Hopefully that will be useful to you.

Regards,

Bart
(2016-03-03, 23:01)bsoriano Wrote: Hopefully that will be useful to you.

Regards,

Bart

That worked a treat, thanks Bart!
Hi and thanks to all involved for their continued hard work and brilliant turn out of the skin.
I love the versatility of all the new widgets. Apologies if this is a known issue. I am not sure if this is a bug or something that has been overlooked but when setting up my music artists widget and enabling widget info nothing comes up within the the box accept genre.
Here are some screen shots for extra clarity.

Widget setting screen

Widget
I was expecting to see the artist biography here is this the same for everyone else? I have my music tagged with MusicBrainz Picard and nfo's created with MediaElch.

Please keep up the good work! Blush

EDIT

I have just found a new bug whilst I was in the process of refreshing my movies folder.

(2016-03-03, 16:07)Lockos Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 15:22)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi lockos, I think you have major problems with that film, not with Madnox, just look at your log:

Code:
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: Attempting to retrieve meta data for movie: Lone Ranger, Naissance d'un Héros
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: Looking up in local cache by name for: movie lonerangernaissancedunhros
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: SQL Select: SELECT * FROM movie_meta WHERE title = 'lonerangernaissancedunhros'
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: No match in local DB
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: Requesting TMDB : http://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movie?language=fr&api_key=af95ef8a4fe1e697f86b8c194f2e5e11&query=Lone%20Ranger%20Naissance%20dun%20Hros
13:29:31 T:13136   ERROR: metahandler: Error connecting to TMDB: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: Requesting IMDB : http://www.omdbapi.com/?t=Lone%20Ranger%2C%20Naissance%20d%27un%20H%C3%A9ros
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: IMDB Meta: {u'Response': u'False', u'Error': u'Movie not found!'}
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: Requesting IMDB : http://www.omdbapi.com/?t=Lone%20Ranger%2C%20Naissance%20d%27un%20H%C3%A9ros
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: IMDB Meta: {u'Response': u'False', u'Error': u'Movie not found!'}
13:29:31 T:13136   DEBUG: metahandler: Studios failed:

texture bug is not going to be a quick fix as it is believed to be a core Kodi problem and it will take a LOT of work to redo things in Madnox and then we are not guaranteed those changes will completely resolve the problem. It is going to be looked into, for the mean time you should have 'reload' option on you context menu, just use that when it happens

Okay, but what exactly is the problem ? The movie do show up fine in library with all (cast, cd, poster). I'm confused

(2016-03-03, 16:21)Mike_Doc Wrote: we use what Kodi makes available to us, if could be that metahandler is reponsible for this due to this description:

Downloads Artwork for TV shows, Movies and Music videos for addons and stores them in a local SQLITE database

If it can't find anything in the meta db as such:

13:29:31 T:13136 DEBUG: metahandler: SQL Select: SELECT * FROM movie_meta WHERE title = 'lonerangernaissancedunhros'
13:29:31 T:13136 DEBUG: metahandler: No match in local DB

Then it is a possible reason why no artwork?

although I think most of the properties we use come from Artwork downloader or it could possibly be the Kodi property issue. When we can't reproduce an error then we can't find where the issue is 100%?

Tell us exactly what the widget is, if possible take a screen shot of the widget screen and then also detail what exactly the widget is / made up of and all the details for whatever, I know you've done some of this but until we can find the issue we can't fix it!

Looking at your logs, you are using a SQL database and like mike has suggested the 'no match in local db' might be the reason for no artwork.

I have never used a centralized database my self but searching through the forums there seems to be some reports of missing artwork related to a SQL database.

1. Is your database setup so your artwork is cached locally?

2. Is this an issue for all widgets or only your custom playlist?

3. The information shown above (or below) the widget, does a poster show? (general settings - show panel widget info)

The first step would be to use the 'texture cache utility' to build a local cache of the artwork. This will speed everything up.

The second thing is to try is to change over to a local database (using your existing install) to see if the issue disappears just to rule out any issues with the SQL database. As I mentioned I have had no experience in setting up a SQL database so I don't know how hard this would be.

The third step is for me to do up a rough replacement for the oninfo screen to see if the artwork issue can be resolved by some code changes (my only concern about this is I don't want to spend to much time on this as you do have error 'No match in local DB' and would be best to clear that up first)
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2016-03-03, 19:24)bsoriano Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 18:16)Lockos Wrote: The playlist thing did nothing, I used the original playlist and modified it (I suppressed the banned addon rule as I no longer use it, I figured out those addons were killing kodi)

As for a translation :

Style -> Compact pannel
Background -> Color
Pannel label --> when highlited
Type of Widget -->Mediatheque
Art-->Poster
Case -->Case
Sort by-->predefined
Sort order -->predefined

What I really don't understand is that Poster and CD do show up in the infopannel, but not in the widgets, and only for some movies. It's really weird. Can it be an nfo thing ?

It could be. To rule out that any of the art is not properly cached, you could try this: Texture Cache Maintenance Utility I run it with the c option to ensure that all of my artwork is properly cached.

You do have to have python installed in order to run that utility.

Regards,

Bart

It is not the nfo (tried a new one given by schimi) Undecided
This utility is like too hard to use, I'm kind of a noob at that, I,ve read the page but can't run it. I'm stuck, this is so frustrating...
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
(2016-03-04, 01:13)Mr. V Wrote: Looking at your logs, you are using a SQL database and like mike has suggested the 'no match in local db' might be the reason for no artwork.

I have never used a centralized database my self but searching through the forums there seems to be some reports of missing artwork related to a SQL database.

1. Is your database setup so your artwork is cached locally?

2. Is this an issue for all widgets or only your custom playlist?

3. The information shown above (or below) the widget, does a poster show? (general settings - show panel widget info)

The first step would be to use the 'texture cache utility' to build a local cache of the artwork. This will speed everything up.

The second thing is to try is to change over to a local database (using your existing install) to see if the issue disappears just to rule out any issues with the SQL database. As I mentioned I have had no experience in setting up a SQL database so I don't know how hard this would be.

The third step is for me to do up a rough replacement for the oninfo screen to see if the artwork issue can be resolved by some code changes (my only concern about this is I don't want to spend to much time on this as you do have error 'No match in local DB' and would be best to clear that up first)

1)What do you mean cached locally. I use local art and local nfos and scrape all locally yes.
2) It's an issue for several widgets if you consider that missing art/cd/cast/poster is the same problem
3)the poster is shown in the widget, but only before pressing info

Can't manage to use this f***ing utility (sorry I'm starting to see red)
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
@Lockos

This is my setup for the texture cache utility. Just change the '-shortcut' link, the path C:\Python\python.exe to where you have installed python.

Then change these two line texturecache.cfg.defaults in notepad to your locations.
userdata = C:\Kodi\portable_data\userdata
#dbfile = Database/Textures13.db

It should then work.

http://1drv.ms/1QuC5UA
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2016-03-04, 01:21)Lockos Wrote: 1)What do you mean cached locally. I use local art and local nfos and scrape all locally yes.
2) It's an issue for several widgets if you consider that missing art/cd/cast/poster is the same problem
3)the poster is shown in the widget, but only before pressing info

Can't manage to use this f***ing utility (sorry I'm starting to see red)

1. Kodi's local cache is stored here - userdata\Database\somedatabase.db
3. That's a good thing. Its possible that some code changes might help.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
I changed the 3 first lines to :

userdata = C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
#dbfile = C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\Textures13.db
#thumbnails = C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Thumbnails
#xbmc.host = localhost
#webserver.port = 8080
#rpc.port = 9090
#download.threads = 2
#extrajson.albums =
#extrajson.artists =
#extrajson.songs =
#extrajson.movies =
#extrajson.sets =
#extrajson.tvshows.tvshow =
#extrajson.tvshows.season =
#extrajson.tvshows.episode=
#qaperiod = 30
#qa.file = no
#cache.castthumb = no
#logfile =
#logfile.verbose = no
#network.mac = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

(also tried with only the 2 first ones)
And I got a prompt error message specifying that the path does not exist
@Lockos

It should be like this
userdata = C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
#dbfile = Database/Textures13.db
#thumbnails = Thumbnails/

And make sure you drop the program in your root directory of c drive.

EDIT: you need to enable the webserver in kodi - settings/services (you wont see the option if your setting level is basic)
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Okay I just had to rename Python 27 on my C: drive to Python

Then when I click on the shortcut it opens a command prompt for like half a second and then nothing

What should I do next ?
just pushed the "Blow Home Bar info for Videos"

Meowmoo, you're a king ! (and I love Shameless too, especially Fiona Wink)
(2016-03-04, 01:45)meowmoo Wrote: just pushed the "Blow Home Bar info for Videos"

Please pardon my ignorance, but, what is this and how is it set?
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
@Mike_Doc

Is there any upcoming feature to simplify adding .gif posters?
I read a thread about on online database and using an add-on but did not understand the discussion you replied to.
Also, I wonder if there is any thought of an option coming up in the code like 'Prefer .gif if present inside local movie folder'.
If not, no big deal. Will just add manually. Just don't know if patience is a better choice or not?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
  • 262(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39