• 266(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2016-03-04, 21:26)ShadowTek Wrote: Hello.

Is it possible to limit the number of items in a widget?
like will this work:
Code:
<limit>15</limit>

I'm trying to limit the number of items in a widget by having it ignore my <recentlyaddeditems>5000</recentlyaddeditems> setting in my advancedsettings.xml file, as I really want to leave that in the file but don't want 2000 movies showing in my widget so Im trying to find a way to do both.

Would it be the shortcuts/template.xml file I would have to play with or the Includes_Widgets.xml file?
Any hints would be appreciated.

It can be done in the template.xml file, but ideally you'd do it in the widget provider. If you just want, say 50 recently added items create a new smart playlist whose content is 'Movies', ordered by 'dateadded' and with a limit of '50' and use that as the widget.

If you really want to start manually editing the skin (and bear in mind you'll need to re-do the changes whenever the skin updates) then head into the template.xml file and do a search for <content - every time you find it, add a new attrib within that element limit="x", where x is maximum number of items you want to display. Each one (and there are several) will look something like:-

Code:
<content limit="10" target="$SKINSHORTCUTS[target]" sortby="$SKINSHORTCUTS[sortby]" sortorder="$SKINSHORTCUTS[sort]">$SKINSHORTCUTS[content]</content>

Note that this will limit all widgets to that maximum number.
(2016-03-04, 23:04)Lockos Wrote:
ATTENTION TO ALL

I found the solution to ALL bugs concerning widgets :

- character "&" in the titles of the nfo ---> the widget will display no cast at all
- accented characters in the titles of the nfo (é, è à î, ô, ù, etc....) ------>the widget will display a wrong cast (cast of another movie). Thats why I was the only one to have this (as a reminder I'm french)
- coma in the name of the files (that is to say name of the movie, name of the nfo and name of the local trailer) ---->the widget will display no poster nor CDart (you have to replace the comma by a "-" for instance)

I just gave the list to Mr. V

Cheers for the info (great find btw Smile ). I have been pulling my hair out over this one as I thought I had the comma issue sorted a couple of months ago. Looking at the xml I have found a few issues and now noticing problems with my setup with discart not showing on certain movies that use kodi's in built scraper. I will try to get this sorted over the next couple of days.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2016-03-04, 23:35)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 21:26)ShadowTek Wrote: Hello.

Is it possible to limit the number of items in a widget?
like will this work:
Code:
<limit>15</limit>

I'm trying to limit the number of items in a widget by having it ignore my <recentlyaddeditems>5000</recentlyaddeditems> setting in my advancedsettings.xml file, as I really want to leave that in the file but don't want 2000 movies showing in my widget so Im trying to find a way to do both.

Would it be the shortcuts/template.xml file I would have to play with or the Includes_Widgets.xml file?
Any hints would be appreciated.

It can be done in the template.xml file, but ideally you'd do it in the widget provider. If you just want, say 50 recently added items create a new smart playlist whose content is 'Movies', ordered by 'dateadded' and with a limit of '50' and use that as the widget.

If you really want to start manually editing the skin (and bear in mind you'll need to re-do the changes whenever the skin updates) then head into the template.xml file and do a search for <content - every time you find it, add a new attrib within that element limit="x", where x is maximum number of items you want to display. Each one (and there are several) will look something like:-

Code:
<content limit="10" target="$SKINSHORTCUTS[target]" sortby="$SKINSHORTCUTS[sortby]" sortorder="$SKINSHORTCUTS[sort]">$SKINSHORTCUTS[content]</content>

Note that this will limit all widgets to that maximum number.

Thanks!! I always have to edit allot of things anyway when the skin is updated so I'm used to it Smile
Thanks for the info!!!

EDIT: worked perfectly! Thanks so much BobCratchett!!
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
@Mr. V - I need a couple of changes to how templates function in Skin Shortcuts for my own purposes, so I'm going to be spending a little time with the code this weekend. I know you've previously requested a change to how properties are matched. If you have any more requests, now is the time to get them in Wink
I made new Music backgrounds, that match more my taste of music, i used mister gfx template, you can find it in his signature :>

Sharing is caring, maby someone wanna use them, drop them into skin.aeon.madnox\backgrounds\music
watch gallery

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9bSf6...XAyWWg2cms
Where is the helene fisher backround?
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
helene who?
(2016-03-05, 00:19)BobCratchett Wrote: @Mr. V - I need a couple of changes to how templates function in Skin Shortcuts for my own purposes, so I'm going to be spending a little time with the code this weekend. I know you've previously requested a change to how properties are matched. If you have any more requests, now is the time to get them in Wink

Cheers Bob.

The only request is to match multiple properties. Think that was the previous one. This would half the amount of code in the template.

Code:
<property name="leftartwork" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetStyle" value="Panel" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="Poster" attribute="name|widgetCase" value="Glass">5</property>
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
concerning the music background, i prefer the more neutral simple style

watch gallery
(2016-03-05, 00:59)Mr. V Wrote:
(2016-03-05, 00:19)BobCratchett Wrote: @Mr. V - I need a couple of changes to how templates function in Skin Shortcuts for my own purposes, so I'm going to be spending a little time with the code this weekend. I know you've previously requested a change to how properties are matched. If you have any more requests, now is the time to get them in Wink

Cheers Bob.

The only request is to match multiple properties. Think that was the previous one. This would half the amount of code in the template.

Code:
<property name="leftartwork" tag="property" attribute="name|widgetStyle" value="Panel" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="Poster" attribute="name|widgetCase" value="Glass">5</property>

Yes, that's the one I've got. It can't be done quite as your example as having multiple attributes with the same name isn't supported by the library I use to parse xml (and may not even be supported by the xml format), but I'll come up with something - my current thought is:

Code:
<property name="leftartwork" propertyValue="5">
    <tag="property" attribute="name|widgetStyle" value="Panel" />
    <tag="property" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="Poster" />
    <tag="property" attribute="name|widgetCase" value="Glass" />
</property>

But however I end up doing it, I'll give you a ping when it gets PR'd.
(2016-03-05, 00:36)meowmoo Wrote: I made new Music backgrounds, that match more my taste of music, i used mister gfx template, you can find it in his signature :>

Sharing is caring, maby someone wanna use them, drop them into skin.aeon.madnox\backgrounds\music

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9bSf6...Gx0ZFNJMk0

watch gallery

Thanks, those are awesome, grabbed and using.
(2016-03-05, 01:10)BobCratchett Wrote: Yes, that's the one I've got. It can't be done quite as your example as having multiple attributes with the same name isn't supported by the library I use to parse xml (and may not even be supported by the xml format), but I'll come up with something - my current thought is:

Code:
<property name="leftartwork" propertyValue="5">
    <tag="property" attribute="name|widgetStyle" value="Panel" />
    <tag="property" attribute="name|widgetArt" value="Poster" />
    <tag="property" attribute="name|widgetCase" value="Glass" />
</property>

But however I end up doing it, I'll give you a ping when it gets PR'd.

Looks good. Smile Thanks
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2016-03-05, 01:25)Temujin Wrote:
(2016-03-05, 00:36)meowmoo Wrote: I made new Music backgrounds, that match more my taste of music, i used mister gfx template, you can find it in his signature :>

Thanks, those are awesome, grabbed and using.

just added 2 more Tongue
http://imgur.com/a/ZnBnF
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9bSf6...XAyWWg2cms

still looking thru all my extrafanart...more to come Big Grin
Guys, sorry to be the one who brings the rain here, but here's a list of new bugs/issues :

1) In shiftview, manual pannel is available but not accessible. You can have it with a delay, but when you chose manual and press up, it brings the viewtype settings tab.

2) I think this is in relation with texture issue (if it is disregard N°2) but here's what i've got when entering the actor section in wall view (I have a lot more than 8 actors) :

3)The "make default" option doesn't work wor me :

Normally, when clicking onto that, then when you press enter from the main menu on music you should be directed straight up to the artist section...doesn't work for me !

4) The "Formed" and "Born" fields is populated here :

But not here (same artist) :

5) I have to press what's in the yellow circle in 4) for each artist to have his biography populated. It doesn't work on first scan, and it doesn't work when I do "get info for all artists).

I think n° 4) and 5) are for Meowmoo as he is the music guru here
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
Possible bugs and/or issues and questions

OK I say "Possible" as I don't know if its a skin issue, a Kodi issue or a user (me screwing up) issue..

1. Music: when you go into the music main menu item, you should be able to right click on say "artists" and select make default, what this should do (if I remember correctly from previous versions) is when you then after click on music, it should goto artists as that's the default you selected, not the library list. Not a big deal as you can change it in skin settings.

EDIT: what are the odds, someone posted about this above before I read it.

2. Nevermind, user error :/

3. How do I set up music videos so when I click the main menu item, it goes to artist view?

4. Music Videos: when you goto music video artists, only a few random images show for each artist (they all showed a image before in Isengard and previous Madnox, so not sure what changed things), this is using list view "round covers" selected. What should the image be named for this image to show up?

5. Music videos: I'm not sure when you export your video library as separate files, that music videos images are all exported.. The reason I wonder this is (see number 4 above) I see an image for some music videos when I'm in #4 setup posted above. The images I see are not on my hard drive so I assume they were downloaded, when I export my video files, that image does not show up in the folder it should. (if it did I would not have to ask the #4 question)

6. Music Videos: Why is there an "album" level in between clicking artist and song, this isn't music, its music videos?

That's what I've seen so far I wonder about.

EDIT: Updated above post
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
  • 266(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39