• 11(current)
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds
(2016-03-05, 18:49)Skank Wrote: This all sound very promising
Goddamn im gonna have to buy another product again Sad

Just DidNerd
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Just tried the latest mvc build with a video made with makemvk using a Intel nuc D34010WYK displaying on a benq 1070W just wanna say you guys who have developed this build are the best it worked awesome it fired up automatically switched into 3d and away she goes Smile if this makes it into v17 it will be my favorite release yet

edit: found one problem after afew movies finished it failed to turn off 3D mode will check logs
Does this special 3d windows build include any egl stuff for Braswell.

Because without egl the colour banding makes impossible viewing on this chip.
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
@afedchin

When testing MVC MKV, how are these files identified as 3D? Are you using the video stream header stereo mode settings at all?

I ask because if yes, and once things get working, this should be the defacto method for MVC MKV used by Kodi overall, and included for all forms of MKV 3D files in general. It takes an extra step when ripping/creating the file and then everything is automatic.

Also, just as a general note for all members looking for help and assistance posting test results I find it tricky to follow along who's who doing what. If you take a few seconds to state the format of the files used, full rips, stripped ISO, HD audio etc. and for MKV if you are using proper header settings, then it might make figuring out issues quicker. Help others help you, as it were. I can't read everyone's logs all day but if I notice someone doing something odd I can mention it or inquire further and I'm far from a developer on this project.

The progress to date is very interesting and only seems to be picking up steam. Just in time for everyone to NOT watch Star Wars in 3D! Thanks, Mickey Sad
(2016-03-05, 20:51)Mylo75 Wrote: Does this special 3d windows build include any egl stuff for Braswell.

Because without egl the colour banding makes impossible viewing on this chip.
There is no Kodi windows build with EGL at all.

(2016-03-05, 21:44)Dave the Minion Wrote: @afedchin

When testing MVC MKV, how are these files identified as 3D? Are you using the video stream header stereo mode settings at all?

I ask because if yes, and once things get working, this should be the defacto method for MVC MKV used by Kodi overall, and included for all forms of MKV 3D files in general. It takes an extra step when ripping/creating the file and then everything is automatic.

Also, just as a general note for all members looking for help and assistance posting test results I find it tricky to follow along who's who doing what. If you take a few seconds to state the format of the files used, full rips, stripped ISO, HD audio etc. and for MKV if you are using proper header settings, then it might make figuring out issues quicker. Help others help you, as it were. I can't read everyone's logs all day but if I notice someone doing something odd I can mention it or inquire further and I'm far from a developer on this project.

The progress to date is very interesting and only seems to be picking up steam. Just in time for everyone to NOT watch Star Wars in 3D! Thanks, Mickey Sad
Kodi uses three methods to detect stereo TAB/SBS files.
1. File naming.
2. mkv header (13)
3. special stream SEI/NALU

for mvc mkv Kodi uses h264 profiles (information included in stream details). So, for any MVC files no need special naming, no need header in mkv container because it doesn't make sense.
(2016-03-06, 08:51)afedchin Wrote: for mvc mkv Kodi uses h264 profiles (information included in stream details). So, for any MVC files no need special naming, no need header in mkv container because it doesn't make sense.

Is this new to Krypton?

Regardless, it takes me seconds to add the stereo field mode in a MKV so I'll continue to do so as insurance.
(2016-03-06, 09:09)Dave the Minion Wrote: Is this new to Krypton?

Regardless, it takes me seconds to add the stereo field mode in a MKV so I'll continue to do so as insurance.
All related to MVC are new in Krypthon.

I would recoment to don't do that, because this doesn't make sense and may confuse Kodi's video player which stereo mode is right.
New build http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...dk_mvc.exe

Fixed:
1. Decoder hangs on some 3DBD ISOs.
2. Correct playback multi-part titles (with regional differences)
(2016-03-06, 17:14)afedchin Wrote: New build http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...dk_mvc.exe

Fixed:

Good!!

Keep the updates coming!!!

PS: I saw your work been added to Linux/OpenElec build,it this going to require the same hardware as windows?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-03-06, 14:08)afedchin Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 09:09)Dave the Minion Wrote: Is this new to Krypton?

All related to MVC are new in Krypthon.

I would recoment to don't do that, because this doesn't make sense and may confuse Kodi's video player which stereo mode is right.

And how is Krypton automatically handling SBS/TAB material? Naming tags only? In which case stereo field is far more useful.

There are a number of headers in MKV's that can be changed to instruct Kodi how to handle the streams. So far they've all worked without issue, including for 3D for the past 2 releases if not more. The only confusion would be on one of the few movies with right-eye first before discovering this. But that only takes a quick moment to test.
(2016-03-06, 17:14)afedchin Wrote: New build http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...dk_mvc.exe

Fixed:

just installed this build and now no 3D, will reinstall old build and test again

edit: 3d works still on my movies, just not the Full MVC 3D ISO #3 for Pop-out & Depth Evaluation listed below
http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples#3D_Test_Clips

Log file
https://mega.nz/#!zMExyLTJ!thrAGQqkZwlVQ...-0XsVMP800 was too big for pastebin and didnt know what to cut incase cut something important

Edit 2: converting the sample iso into mvc using makemvk now kicks in 3d mode again
(2016-03-06, 18:07)movie78 Wrote:

Fixed:

Good!!

Keep the updates coming!!!

PS: I saw your work been added to Linux/OpenElec build,it this going to require the same hardware as windows?

Thanks!

What?! Where did you see OpenElec integration? This would make my day.
(2016-03-06, 21:29)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: What?! Where did you see OpenElec integration? This would make my day.
Milhouse builds for the RPI contain theses changes.

Dave the Minion Wrote:And how is Krypton automatically handling SBS/TAB material? Naming tags only? In which case stereo field is far more useful.
Headers are still the preferred way for MKVs, just not MVC files, as there the MVC part already is enough.
(2016-03-06, 21:35)da-anda Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 21:29)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: What?! Where did you see OpenElec integration? This would make my day.
Milhouse builds for the RPI contain theses changes.

Dave the Minion Wrote:And how is Krypton automatically handling SBS/TAB material? Naming tags only? In which case stereo field is far more useful.
Headers are still the preferred way for MKVs, just not MVC files, as there the MVC part already is enough.

Oh, no luck for NUC owners running OpenElec then... Thanks for clarifying.
(2016-03-06, 20:07)Dave the Minion Wrote: And how is Krypton automatically handling SBS/TAB material? Naming tags only? In which case stereo field is far more useful.

There are a number of headers in MKV's that can be changed to instruct Kodi how to handle the streams. So far they've all worked without issue, including for 3D for the past 2 releases if not more. The only confusion would be on one of the few movies with right-eye first before discovering this. But that only takes a quick moment to test.
Kryphon does this as Jarvis did. codec lever for MVC mkv is enough. no need to change headers. Changing headers may confuse video player to select proper mode.

(2016-03-06, 21:15)freddy12 Wrote: just installed this build and now no 3D, will reinstall old build and test again

edit: 3d works still on my movies, just not the Full MVC 3D ISO #3 for Pop-out & Depth Evaluation listed below
http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples#3D_Test_Clips

Log file
https://mega.nz/#!zMExyLTJ!thrAGQqkZwlVQ...-0XsVMP800 was too big for pastebin and didnt know what to cut incase cut something important

Edit 2: converting the sample iso into mvc using makemvk now kicks in 3d mode again
Known issue of VideoPlayer, some times stereo mode isn't changed automacality, just need to switch stereo mode manually.

(2016-03-06, 21:40)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Oh, no luck for NUC owners running OpenElec then... Thanks for clarifying.
Only when Intel release libmfx for linux.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds5