• 274(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
(2016-03-09, 01:05)Mr. V Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 00:30)Lockos Wrote:
(2016-03-08, 23:19)Mr. V Wrote: 2. All fixed. One thing to note is the cast for the flash wont work for the next aired. It doesn't like the (2014) in the name. The same may be true for other media. First the script will check for a Database ID, if the widget content has no Database ID it will use the actual name. Some times skin helper service cant find a match due to the name of the media. Saying that if we could narrow down what characters in names that are having issues matching, I then can ask the question in the skin helper forum.

There is improvement with the latest cast fixes on git, but still :

- Recommended shows and movies casts show well but only if they are in my dB, but I think it's how it should be, (due to the fact that I use local nfo scrapper, the script can't find DBID for casts of those particular movies/TV shows, if Mr V could confirm that it would be great).

- Cast for next aired still doesn't work for me , for none of my shows (not only the flash) so : Am I the only one to have this persistent issue ? (again)
I just don't understand that one cause cast do work fine from the other widgets, that is to say when it's loaded from my playlists.

- For the "stalling widget" issue, I might be able to send you a debug log and a screenshot of my addon folder to look at what could be blocking the script on Kodi boot.

Cheers

Cast is working for all widgets for TV shows, Movies and Episode.

I would take a guess that you are the only one the issue. Is the cast working for everyone elseHuhHuh

As I said previously the only exception is for some widgets without a Database ID. It will use the actual title to search for information, if the skin helper service cant find the cast using the title it wont show anything.

Also it quite possible it is related to the stalling issue. The link in the previous post will give you an idea of what you can try yourself to fix the issue.

Working fine for me.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2016-03-09, 01:19)Lockos Wrote: Here's a debug log : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110057345/kodi.log

I will take a look on the link given by Mr V.
Meanwhile, if you find something unusual in this...

Thanks in advance !

Looking at your log, there is an error related to python.
Code:
00:09:22 T:652   ERROR: C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:315: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#snimissingwarning.
                                              SNIMissingWarning
00:09:22 T:652   ERROR: C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:120: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.
                                              InsecurePlatformWarning

I am not sure what to make of it or what plugin is causing the issue. I am open to suggestions from anyone that has an idea what the issue is. But my gut feeling is that there is an issue with one of your plugins.

(2016-03-09, 07:00)bobrap Wrote: Working fine for me.

Cheers man. Thanks for confirming.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Fair warning: Long, boring and technical post ahead.

(2016-03-09, 07:45)Mr. V Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 01:19)Lockos Wrote: Here's a debug log : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110057345/kodi.log

Thanks in advance !

Looking at your log, there is an error related to python.
Code:
00:09:22 T:652   ERROR: C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:315: SNIMissingWarning: An HTTPS request has been made, but the SNI (Subject Name Indication) extension to TLS is not available on this platform. This may cause the server to present an incorrect TLS certificate, which can cause validation failures. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#snimissingwarning.
                                              SNIMissingWarning
00:09:22 T:652   ERROR: C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.requests\lib\requests\packages\urllib3\util\ssl_.py:120: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.
                                              InsecurePlatformWarning

I am not sure what to make of it or what plugin is causing the issue. I am open to suggestions from anyone that has an idea what the issue is. But my gut feeling is that there is an issue with one of your plugins.

That particular error shouldn't make any difference with getting information out of the local library - the requests module is used to retrieve information from a server and, whilst Kodi has an inbuilt server, widget providers normally use the python api to get the info they need. (And even then, the error will only affect SSL connections). I suspect that can be safely ignored for this particular issue.

There's also none of the traditional signs that a script has 'stalled' - most notably, you'd see Kodi killing the script on exit, but all scripts are exiting in a timely manner.

What is interesting is the Library Data Provider logging. That particular widget provider (unless things have changed dramatically since I contributed to it) is two different scripts working in unison - a service and a plugin. The service retrieves and keeps up to date the library data that the widgets will be built from, the plugin actually builds the widgets.

Now, the plugin side of the addon appears to be working absolutely perfectly. As much as I hate log snippets, here's a snippet showing that:-

Code:
00:09:24 T:13432   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::StartScript - calling plugin Library Data Provider('plugin://service.library.data.provider/','5','?type=recentepisodes&reload=20160308230923')
00:09:24 T:13432   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - waiting on the Library Data Provider (id=21) plugin...
00:09:24 T:10292   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.py): start processing
00:09:24 T:10292   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.py"
00:09:24 T:10292   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "service.library.data.provider" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
00:09:24 T:10292   DEBUG: Library Data Provider: script version 0.1.5 started
00:09:25 T:10292   DEBUG: Library Data Provider: script version 0.1.5 stopped
00:09:25 T:10292    INFO: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.py): script successfully run

So that means that the problem is in the data that the service element of the script is gathering, and indeed it does seem to manage it all very quickly:-

Code:
00:09:15 T:3008   DEBUG: Library Data Provider: service version 0.1.5 started
00:09:16 T:3008   DEBUG: Library Data Provider: Total time needed for all queries: 0:00:00.390000

Less than half-a-second to get all the needed data is very quick. Of course you may just have a very quick system, but on my own system this process takes over half a minute.

This is where things get less clear, though. Looking at what happens between the service being started and all queries being completed, I can see the queries and I can see media being returned - for example:-

Code:
00:09:15 T:3008   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 1 ms for 31 items query: select * from movie_view  WHERE (movie_view.idFile  IN (SELECT DISTINCT idFile FROM bookmark WHERE type = 1))

Now, there isn't a lot of media being returned, but it's definitely there and that would suggest the service is doing its job correctly. Add to that the fact that reloading the skin really shouldn't affect Library Data Provider, where the separation of service and plugin exists, and I'm utterly confused Confused
Hello! I have a big problem's right now. every time I try to change the settings or some library views setting i ened to frozen KODI.
something inside log

11:30:53 T:139932319606528 ERROR: metahandler: Error connecting to TMDB: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
11:30:53 T:139932319606528 ERROR: metahandler: ************* Error Date conversion failed: time data u'N/A' does not match format '%d %b %Y'
11:30:53 T:139932319606528 ERROR: metahandler: ************* Error Date conversion failed: time data u'N/A' does not match format '%b %Y'
11:30:54 T:139932319606528 ERROR: metahandler: Error connecting to TMDB: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
11:30:54 T:139932319606528 NOTICE: metahandler: No SQLite rows requiring update
11:30:54 T:139932319606528 ERROR: metahandler: Error connecting to TMDB: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
11:31:09 T:139932319606528 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 111
11:31:09 T:139932319606528 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 309
11:31:12 T:139932300433152 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/mika/.kodi/userdata/library/video
11:31:12 T:139932300433152 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/mika/.kodi/userdata/library/music
11:31:17 T:139934536718336 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
11:31:17 T:139934536718336 ERROR: Control 6 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't

log ended here.....
MADNOX + CUSTOM MEDIA FLAGS
"I'm utterly confused"

hmm, sound like my world right now Bob, which isn't helping right now!
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Ok guys thanks for taking the time to study my log, but I think the best thing for me to do right now is a fresh install of everything (not only the skin), as it will save some time for everybody (I think).

I'll let you know how it goes and if the bugs I'm experiencing remain after that
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
(2016-03-09, 12:03)Mike_Doc Wrote: hmm, sound like my world right now Bob, which isn't helping right now!

I know the process of tracking down errors can be an absolute nightmare Sad If there are any in particular that I can assist with, do let me know.

(2016-03-09, 14:34)Lockos Wrote: Ok guys thanks for taking the time to study my log, but I think the best thing for me to do right now is a fresh install of everything (not only the skin), as it will save some time for everybody (I think).

If you can hang on till this evening, I took another look over your log and did notice one thing - when playing the intro video, your home.xml de-inits before re-init'ing. Now, this can lead to disappearing widgets - if the widgets were loading when the window de-init'ed, Kodi won't try loading them again until the URI changes. It's a problem I've come across and fixed in my own skin, and can code up the fix for MadNox this evening if you're willing to try it (and the git version of skin shortcuts.) It may not make a difference in your case, but it certainly can't hurt Wink

(Otherwise I'll code up and PR the solution when script.skinshortcuts is next updated on the repo)
Thanks Bob, but you've done more than enough and still doing so like your next PR. Yes the biggest problem is reproducing which just seems impossible and then there's the textures issue. Went through your PoC last night but didn't fully understand it. Try to understand why the VARs become empty? is it connected to the property limitation or something else? It's always been there in the skin since earlier incarnations of the skin i.e Nox 4.1.9.9 Gotham and then Shednox!!
(2016-03-09, 15:37)Mike_Doc Wrote: Thanks Bob, but you've done more than enough and still doing so like your next PR. Yes the biggest problem is reproducing which just seems impossible and then there's the textures issue. Went through your PoC last night but didn't fully understand it. Try to understand why the VARs become empty? is it connected to the property limitation or something else? It's always been there in the skin since earlier incarnations of the skin i.e Nox 4.1.9.9 Gotham and then Shednox!!

I'm fairly confident it's connected to the property limitation - I could write another very long, boring and technical post here but I'll leave it as: From what I can tell, the property limit isn't actually being hit. Rather, I suspect that Kodi has a bug in it which means that when accessed in certain ways - VAR, ListItem.Property being ones we've seen in MadNox, it's writing their values wrongly in some way - possibly to an incorrect memory address range, which would directly explain textures going missing, for one. Unfortunately to take my line of reasoning to any sort of conclusion I'd need to find the time and inclination to learn C and find my way around Kodi's source code, and I have neither. (And yes, that's me trying to be short, interesting and non-technical Tongue)

Maybe I should just say: Yes, it's (beyond any reasonable doubt in my mind at least) a Kodi bug, not a MadNox one.
Cheers Bob, yes it would seem to be Kodi not Madnox and it seems that as we are a gfx heavy skin then pehaps we get the problem more often then some. I also think it might be memory related as sometimes when coding and using F5 / reload all the time I've found that more and more things can get lost and then also after a good amount of F5ing I find there is not choice but to re-start Kodi to release the memory, but that could just be my dodgy way of testing ;-)
(2016-03-09, 15:17)BobCratchett Wrote: If you can hang on till this evening, I took another look over your log and did notice one thing - when playing the intro video, your home.xml de-inits before re-init'ing. Now, this can lead to disappearing widgets - if the widgets were loading when the window de-init'ed, Kodi won't try loading them again until the URI changes. It's a problem I've come across and fixed in my own skin, and can code up the fix for MadNox this evening if you're willing to try it (and the git version of skin shortcuts.) It may not make a difference in your case, but it certainly can't hurt Wink

(Otherwise I'll code up and PR the solution when script.skinshortcuts is next updated on the repo)

It was that ! You are a genious !

I realized I just add a <onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">XBMC.PlayMedia(C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.madnox-master\intro.mp4)</onload>

on my onload conditions on home.xml (I didn't found another way to play a second video after the intro). I didn't realized changing so litlle code could mess up the skin so much and lead to some huge consequences !

I have not modded other things other than this and my recolored cases.

If you have an idea of how to load a second video after intro I'll take it

You are the best , big thanks to you !

Stalling widget bug : ok !
Last bug to erase before having a perfect Madnox : cast for next aired and recommended shows/movies (tmdb widget when those shows movies are not in the db) which is still not working for me. -----------------> all is working fine after latest skin helper service update ! (Jumped from version 1.0.56 to 1.0.60 released today on repo)

P.S. : my apologies to everyone who has lost time on this, it was entirely my fault Confused
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
(2016-03-09, 12:01)Mika Kiviniitty Wrote: Hello! I have a big problem's right now. every time I try to change the settings or some library views setting i ened to frozen KODI.
something inside log

11:30:53 T:139932319606528 ERROR: metahandler: Error connecting to TMDB: HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized
11:30:53 T:139932319606528 ERROR: metahandler: ************* Error Date conversion failed: time data u'N/A' does not match format '%d %b %Y'
11:30:53 T:139932319606528 ERROR: metahandler: ************* Error Date conversion failed: time data u'N/A' does not match format '%b %Y'
11:30:54 T:139932319606528 NOTICE: metahandler: No SQLite rows requiring update
11:31:09 T:139932319606528 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 111
11:31:09 T:139932319606528 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 309
11:31:12 T:139932300433152 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/mika/.kodi/userdata/library/video
11:31:12 T:139932300433152 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /home/mika/.kodi/userdata/library/music
11:31:17 T:139934536718336 WARNING: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
11:31:17 T:139934536718336 ERROR: Control 6 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't

log ended here.....

I'm Really sorry guys! indeed seems that the problem is mostly for my setup than MADNOX. I tried different linux latest MASTER GIT and so far everything is fine. However, just the same addon's are not installed however i keep looking what cause errors!
MADNOX + CUSTOM MEDIA FLAGS
(2016-03-09, 16:30)Lockos Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 15:17)BobCratchett Wrote: If you can hang on till this evening, I took another look over your log and did notice one thing - when playing the intro video, your home.xml de-inits before re-init'ing. Now, this can lead to disappearing widgets - if the widgets were loading when the window de-init'ed, Kodi won't try loading them again until the URI changes. It's a problem I've come across and fixed in my own skin, and can code up the fix for MadNox this evening if you're willing to try it (and the git version of skin shortcuts.) It may not make a difference in your case, but it certainly can't hurt Wink

It was that ! You are a genious !

I realized that some days ago I added an <onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">XBMC.PlayMedia(C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.madnox-master\intro.mp4)</onload>
on my onload conditions for home.xml (I didn't found another way to play a second video after the intro). I didn't realized changing so litlle code could mess up the skin so much and lead to some huge consequences !

You are the best , big thanks to you !

Stalling widget bug : ok !
Last bug to erase before having a perfect Madnox : cast for next aired and recommended shows/movies (tmdb widget when those shows movies are not in the db) which is still not working for me. -----------------> all is working fine after latest skin helper service update ! (Jumped from version 1.0.56 to 1.0.60 released today on repo)

P.S. : my apologies to everyone who has lost time on this, it was entirely my fault Confused
(2016-03-09, 16:30)Lockos Wrote: I realized I just add a <onload condition="Window.Previous(startup)">XBMC.PlayMedia(C:\Users\Dam\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.madnox-master\intro.mp4)</onload>

on my onload conditions on home.xml (I didn't found another way to play a second video after the intro). I didn't realized changing so litlle code could mess up the skin so much and lead to some huge consequences !

Just coded up the fix - here - which requires this branch of script.skinshortcuts (until it's merged, probably tonight or tomorrow, after which time it will need the master git). With those in place, your modification should work without stalling the widgets.

It's experimental code based on a new and in-progress feature of skin shortcuts, though, so there is a chance of unintended side effects or of it just not working!
(2016-03-09, 01:19)Lockos Wrote: Here's a screenshot of my addon folder :

Here's a debug log : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/110057345/kodi.log

Thanks in advance !
maybe clean up this 2 addons before you get again some strange problems

script.cinema.experience - old version - no longer under dev
script.cinemavision - new version

service.nextup.notification
service.nextup.notification-master
both the same ?
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
  • 274(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39