• 244(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Thumbs Up 
(2016-03-07, 12:57)mandricus Wrote: Hi guys. First of all, thank you for your great efforts on the plugin. I really appreciate it, as you are trying to restore this important Kodi functionality. Please don't mind useless people ranting about the fact that the plugin is not working. I see that you are trying to do your best in order to find a viable solution and a viable approach. This is not easy but I'm pretty sure a solution will be found.

As far as I can understand, there is still a pretty amount of work to be done before the plugin can be declared stable and pushed into the Kodi repository.

From an user perspective: if you want to have a working Youtube plugin in Kodi, there are two options at the moment:

1) Wait for the development of the plugin. Some day this plugin will be pushed in the main Kodi repository, and people will receive the update via the usual Kodi plugins update method.

2) Try to manually update the plugin with the version still in development (it will require a certain amount of skills).

Regarding point 2), I think would be useful for the users to have a reference post always updated with latest install instructions.

There are a lot of post in this thread from different users providing install instructions. I think a reference post, regularly updated by the developers, would be useful for all users wondering what they have to do in order to install and test the plugin.

This could also help to spread plugin usage, and to gather more feedback from users (but please make clear to the users that the plugin is still a work in progress)

AFAIK at the moment these are the steps needed in order to install the plugin:

1)

Delete

$KODI/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube folder

$KODI/addons/plugin.video.youtube

2) restart kodi.

3) Download latest version of the plugin in development from https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...e/releases . Put the .zip file into a folder readable by Kodi. Install the plugin from the .zip file (Settings → Add-ons → Install from zip file -> Navigate to the ZIP file)

you should be gold at that point, if it still doesn't work go ahead and get the kodi.log file.

see http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Please correct / integrate steps if needed.

Thank you very much. I've just followed your post, and now I'm having youtube plugin working again.
When you add a youtube channel (from the add-on) as a favorite in Kodi, it does not update/refresh the video list. It will take some time to test since you need to add a channel, then wait for it to upload new videos, then access it from your favorite list again. This is not an issue (within the add-on) if you subscribe to the channel. I like to add channels I don't watch to often too favorites, so those videos doesn't "fill" up my subscription list.
If the plugin url is saved as plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/xxxx, instead of plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/yyyy, things works as expected.
I'm guessing this is an issue with the value passed from the add-on to Kodi when the favorite is created. This worked as it should in the "old Bromix version".

(2016-03-04, 03:32)jdf76 Wrote: I'm sorry i'm a little lost. What is it you are doing exactly?

Thank you,
Jeff

(2016-03-04, 03:04)DjDiabolik Wrote: (Text replaced by me/Crowly)
This favorite do not refresh/update the video list:
Code:
<favourite name="Momenti di Qualità" thumb="https://yt3.ggpht.com/-WC8hPMQB7VU/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/xmFhtSqj0hQ/s240-c-k-no/photo.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/UCkpyMmNsb7Qb_G-SUn7fM0A/&quot;,return)</favourite>

This does, when you replace channel/UCkpyMmNsb7Qb_G-SUn7fM0A with user/momentidiqualita
Code:
<favourite name="Momenti di Qualità-Prova" thumb="https://yt3.ggpht.com/-WC8hPMQB7VU/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/xmFhtSqj0hQ/s240-c-k-no/photo.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/momentidiqualita/&quot;,return)</favourite>
Might not be a bad idea, put kodiforum/bromix as the author or put Kodi Forum as the author and put in the comments saying originally from bromix. this was ppl don't gripe to bromix about a plugin he doesn't maintain but the forum does.

my 2 cents.

Jeff

(2016-03-11, 16:53)Fludizz Wrote: Just as a minor suggestion... would it be an idea to update the plugin provider string:
Code:
<addon id="plugin.video.youtube" name="YouTube" version="5.1.20.4" provider-name="bromix">

I'm not suggesting removing bromix his name from the plugin (Credit where credit is due and such), but more to update it to the current maintainer(s) for clarity sake.
Any thoughts?
It would be best to just rename the author as Kodiforum and be done with it. It wouldn't hurt to add "Developer Wanted".

(2016-03-12, 01:24)jdf76 Wrote: Might not be a bad idea, put kodiforum/bromix as the author or put Kodi Forum as the author and put in the comments saying originally from bromix. this was ppl don't gripe to bromix about a plugin he doesn't maintain but the forum does.

my 2 cents.

Jeff

(2016-03-11, 16:53)Fludizz Wrote: Just as a minor suggestion... would it be an idea to update the plugin provider string:
Code:
<addon id="plugin.video.youtube" name="YouTube" version="5.1.20.4" provider-name="bromix">

I'm not suggesting removing bromix his name from the plugin (Credit where credit is due and such), but more to update it to the current maintainer(s) for clarity sake.
Any thoughts?
It would be better to put specific name or names rather than something generic like "kodiforum" which means little practically. There should be a link in there back to this thread anyway, and of course give Bromix his due credit.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
No code changes between Bromix's last release 5.1.16 and latest forum patched version 5.1.20.4 should affect the core functionality of the add-on.

1. Changed API keys to working keys from Bromix's non-working (revoked?) API keys.
2. Added code to enable YouTube add-on to work with 'future' Kodi 17.
3. Added code to fix failed Live streaming, itag 91patch.
4. Added code to enable editing the API key via Kodi GUI.

I suppose the only way to be sure is to re-install "old Bromix version" 5.1.16, put in some working API keys in the login_client.py file and test it. I think your results will be the same.

(2016-03-11, 21:39)Crowly Wrote: When you add a youtube channel (from the add-on) as a favorite in Kodi, it does not update/refresh the video list. It will take some time to test since you need to add a channel, then wait for it to upload new videos, then access it from your favorite list again. This is not an issue (within the add-on) if you subscribe to the channel. I like to add channels I don't watch to often too favorites, so those videos doesn't "fill" up my subscription list.
If the plugin url is saved as plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/xxxx, instead of plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/yyyy, things works as expected.
I'm guessing this is an issue with the value passed from the add-on to Kodi when the favorite is created. This worked as it should in the "old Bromix version".

(2016-03-04, 03:32)jdf76 Wrote: I'm sorry i'm a little lost. What is it you are doing exactly?

Thank you,
Jeff

(2016-03-04, 03:04)DjDiabolik Wrote: (Text replaced by me/Crowly)
This favorite do not refresh/update the video list:
Code:
<favourite name="Momenti di Qualità" thumb="https://yt3.ggpht.com/-WC8hPMQB7VU/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/xmFhtSqj0hQ/s240-c-k-no/photo.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/UCkpyMmNsb7Qb_G-SUn7fM0A/&quot;,return)</favourite>

This does, when you replace channel/UCkpyMmNsb7Qb_G-SUn7fM0A with user/momentidiqualita
Code:
<favourite name="Momenti di Qualità-Prova" thumb="https://yt3.ggpht.com/-WC8hPMQB7VU/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/xmFhtSqj0hQ/s240-c-k-no/photo.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/momentidiqualita/&quot;,return)</favourite>
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
Is anybody PR'ing the latest forum release into the Kodi Gotham/Helix/Isengard/Jarvis repository? According to submission rules only the repo owner can send a PR to the mail list.

Anyway, other things need changing.

Code:
(I changed the email address below so he does not get spammed.)

<email>bromix at abc dot net</email>
<source>https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.youtube</source>

(2016-03-12, 02:16)*Spider* Wrote: It would be best to just rename the author as Kodiforum and be done with it. It wouldn't hurt to add "Developer Wanted".

(2016-03-12, 01:24)jdf76 Wrote: Might not be a bad idea, put kodiforum/bromix as the author or put Kodi Forum as the author and put in the comments saying originally from bromix. this was ppl don't gripe to bromix about a plugin he doesn't maintain but the forum does.

my 2 cents.

Jeff

Code:

Any thoughts?
Get the Best of NHK video add-on for Kodi 19 thru 21. Install via my k19-addons repository.
(2016-03-08, 17:32)Edgeshark Wrote:
(2016-03-07, 18:28)gitman Wrote: thanks for the update, hope to see it in the official repo soon.

question - the "Recommended for You" list has always shown up empty for me, even on the original Youtube 5.x. does anyone else have this problem?

Yes, we have the same problem with the "Recommended for You" list. This is the one item that keeps my wife from using the app compared to the PS3 Youtube app. Is this fixed with the API issue that is discussed here?

@Edgeshark

Since you asked this question, could you provide the result of your testing the workaround to your issue?
I will use the app some more to see if the "Recommended for you" list populates. If not, I will try to do a little more research in the API issue to see if that makes any change. I am very new to this and rarely use Youtube myself. I will post what I find out.
Running OSMC on RPi2. For the time being, the YT addon is working on the latest update 5.1.20.4.

I know I can add my own api key through YT settings in Kodi, but to be honest entering in long keys with a remote is kind of a pain.

1. cd /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client
2. nano login_client.py

Code:
# API KEY for search and channel infos. These should work most of the time without login to safe some quota
        'youtube-for-kodi-quota': {
            'token-allowed': False,
            'system': 'All',
            'key': '%s' % api_key,   <-----------------------------------------------------------------
            'id': '%s.apps.googleusercontent.com' % api_id,
            'secret': '%s' % api_secret

How do I go about adding my own keys in the script itself with the new added code?
(2016-03-12, 18:25)kgoerbig Wrote: How do I go about adding my own keys in the script itself with the new added code?

You must have skipped the various pages describing how...
Don't do it there. Future add-on updates will wipe your changes.

This may not be your exact path, but modify here: kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/settings.xml. You will see where to edit.

This should hold your changes even with add-on updates unless you need to delete the userdata/...../...youtube folder for some reason.

(2016-03-12, 18:25)kgoerbig Wrote: Running OSMC on RPi2. For the time being, the YT addon is working on the latest update 5.1.20.4.

I know I can add my own api key through YT settings in Kodi, but to be honest entering in long keys with a remote is kind of a pain.

1. cd /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/client
2. nano login_client.py

Code:
# API KEY for search and channel infos. These should work most of the time without login to safe some quota
        'youtube-for-kodi-quota': {
            'token-allowed': False,
            'system': 'All',
            'key': '%s' % api_key,   <-----------------------------------------------------------------
            'id': '%s.apps.googleusercontent.com' % api_id,
            'secret': '%s' % api_secret

How do I go about adding my own keys in the script itself with the new added code?
(2016-03-12, 18:25)kgoerbig Wrote: I know I can add my own api key through YT settings in Kodi, but to be honest entering in long keys with a remote is kind of a pain.

I used the Kore app on my iPad to simply copy and paste the keys onto my Nexus Player and Raspberry Pi through the YT settings in Kodi to prove that you don't have to endure "entering in long keys with a remote".

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/official...80364?mt=8
Hi All

Recently updated to Kodi 16.0 Jarvis on windows 10. But now the youtube addon that worked previously no longer works, and there doesnt appear to be an update in the kodi repo.

This appears to be a rather long thread - I dont really want to trawl through all of it to find out if there is a fix or not - is there a fix? What is it?

Thanks for the help
(2016-03-13, 10:29)skydivertricky Wrote: Hi All

Recently updated to Kodi 16.0 Jarvis on windows 10. But now the youtube addon that worked previously no longer works, and there doesnt appear to be an update in the kodi repo.

This appears to be a rather long thread - I dont really want to trawl through all of it to find out if there is a fix or not - is there a fix? What is it?

Thanks for the help

The only answer you're going to get is "use the search function".. so i'd suggest you do that i'm afraid.
  • 244(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20