• 8(current)
Feature Requests
(2016-03-09, 05:03)pkscout Wrote: And speaking of things that I'd rather not mod Estuary for, if there could be an option to use Artist Slideshow for the fullscreen background when playing music, that would be great. I know the author of AS would appreciate that. Wink

Users who appreciate AS author work would also appreciate that Wink
Suggested improvement when setting up WEATHER

CURRENT SITUATION
After selecting the weather service, the user then goes into "-Settings" and adds their preferred location(s), but after doing that and clicking "OK" they are taken back to the screen shown below - which looks exactly the same as it did before they made their selection - this screen does not show the location(s) that were selected, but has plenty of spare space to do so.

SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENT
Show the user's selected location(s) on the screen below. Better still, combine this screen and the one that the user goes into when they click "-Settings" into just one screen.

Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.
Suggested improvement for PLAY ICON

I think the rocket icon looks a bit too amateurish compared to the polished look of Estuary. How about replacing it with a right-pointed triangle - as is standard for many 'play' icons? Screenshot of current screen is below....

Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
(2016-03-11, 07:37)hube Wrote: My suggestions are:

A big button for settings is necessary.

Thanks

as a suggestion to remove some of the icon grouping screen clutter, why not push the Folder and Favourite icons as well into the menu box and then put the power icon at the very bottom left hand corner?
its separate because the stuff in the top list all has info on the right, settings doesnt need it, power doesnt need it, a blank screen would look dumb, plus playing videos/music etc is much diff to altering settings. i like the way it is now. though the file explorer really doesnt belong at the bottom. bookmarks has always been seperate so thats ok.
Yeah I like it the way it is now too. Adding a big box for settings and favorites is two more boxes I'd want to turn off, but the way they are now is great.
the only change id make is really flipping bookmarks and settings around so settings is next to power. its kinda weird having file manager then settings then bookmarks then power. file manager and bookmarks belong together so does settings and power imo. file manager can be replaced one day to something else also without stuffing the order up, maybe a "more shortcuts" which flips pages since people want 100 items on that top bar lol not me though. Smile
on 2nd thoughts you could also add 2 more items to the menu list and put the search bar to the right of it, it has 2 advantages room for more menu items, and if you go to the top of the menu bar and press right takes you straight to search then onto the other icons. but it would look abit too cluttered then. but it does give you more menu items. personally i reduced my menu items to 3 things only movies/tv shows and videos thats all i need. i would show add-ons but it shows my android apps with boring grey thumbnails Sad
Suggested improvement for WEATHER on MAIN MENU

When the weather is displayed in the right-hand pane of the MAIN MENU, there is a hyphen between the weather description (e.g. "Mostly Cloudy") and the temperature (e.g "8oC"). This makes it look like it is MINUS 8oC.

Suggested improvement - remove the hyphen between the text description and the temperature. For a further improvement, why not also include the "Feels Like" temperature on that overview screen also - it looks like it can accommodate one more line of text OK?

See screenshot below. 2nd screenshot shows the weather page showing that it is PLUS 8.

Page where the HYPHEN should be removed

Other page for reference
(2016-03-12, 06:22)timstephens24 Wrote: Yeah I like it the way it is now too. Adding a big box for settings and favorites is two more boxes I'd want to turn off, but the way they are now is great.
1. Maybe if favourites was not poorly located, you would make good use of it. If not, and you can turn it off, no skin off your nose.
2. Favourites, by the way, would be populated, just like movies etc. It would be populated by your favourites.
A brighter colors set, perhaps a grayish theme.
We need the ability to search from within the library's. At the moment the search function only appears on the home screen... It should be available in all menus
See the red squiggly lines, guys? That's all the EMPTY SPACE that should be filled up more with bigger pictures and bigger text.

What's the point of having such a big screen if you have scrunched all the information in the middle like this?

Expand the info, guys. Please. So much wasted space.

(2016-03-14, 06:36)Kodroid Wrote: What's the point of having such a big screen if you have scrunched all the information in the middle like this?
On the other hand: With such a big screen there's not need for cramming it completely full any more. There's nothing wrong with keeping some open space to maintain some rest and overview.
(2016-03-14, 16:24)Forage Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 06:36)Kodroid Wrote: What's the point of having such a big screen if you have scrunched all the information in the middle like this?
On the other hand: With such a big screen there's not need for cramming it completely full any more. There's nothing wrong with keeping some open space to maintain some rest and overview.

Agreed, I like to see a bit of the background image...
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests3