SPMC Not Launching On Fire TV
Installed SPMC-armeabi-v7a_16.1.0.apk on a Fire TV and it is not launching. It shows up initially and then goes to an infinite black screen. I'd really like to get back to using SPMC ASAP.
Force stop in your android app settings, clear cache.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Forced stop and cleared cache in settings to no avail. Still seeing a black screen after initial launch.
I'm having exactly the same problem on a Minix Neo X7 Mini.
Seems to be working perfectly fine for me on the AFTV. Try downloading the latest version (16.1.1)
Do you have 1st or 2nd gen, rooted or not?
Still not able to get SPMC to fully launch on a Fire TV. It obviously shows up in Android Apps. But SPMC is not showing up in Android Data within ES File Explorer like org.xbmc.kodi does for some reason.
(2016-03-14, 20:28)cd2022 Wrote: Do you have 1st or 2nd gen, rooted or not?
Rooted 1st gen Fire TV. I would think this should not matter as I've had SPMC installed in the past.
That's what I have and that behaves just like yours.
(2016-03-14, 20:59)cd2022 Wrote: That's what I have and that behaves just like yours.
Nice to know that I'm not the only one having issues with SPMC on a Fire TV. This is the first time ever that I could not successfully install a Kodi/ SPMC build.
Are all the affected users rooted?
Are you on "old" root, ie with FireOS 3, or new FireOS 5?
(2016-03-15, 09:24)Koying Wrote: Are all the affected users rooted?
Are you on "old" root, ie with FireOS 3, or new FireOS 5?
Old root and Fire OS 3.
Further testing reveals that SPMC Isengard 15.0 will not launch as well. However, SPMC Isengard 15.0 with Launcher intent does indeed launch proper. This is the version I recall using in the past.
Works perfectly on several un-rooted gen 1's with fire OS 5.0.5 just for your reference.
most users that i've seen on other forums with issues loading spmc 16 are rooted on OS 3. I'm on Os 5 unrooted and it works fine for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC Not Launching On Fire TV0